Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

An Update on Alpha One Schedule

edited May 2021 in Announcements
alpha_one_1920.jpg

An update from our Creative Director regarding Alpha One: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-03-12-an-update-on-alpha-one-schedule

🧡 We thank you all for your continued support, patience, help, and feedback as we head toward our major Alpha One milestone.
community_management.gif

Comments

• CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We thank you as well for being transparent! The delay sucks but is completely understandable! Keep up the hard work and we will see y'all soon! :)
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know it must be disappointing to the staff as well as the followers of Ashes' development, but I'm sure it was the right decision. <3
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• HawkwoodHawkwood Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dang.
  • xDracxDrac Member
    I'd lie if I said I don't mind because I can't wait to at least see more of the game, but I'm perfectly fine with it and in the end, that delay really isn't that big or that much of a deal. So take your time to get things to a state you're comfortable for people to openly test <3
  • SaucissonSaucisson Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's fine, we don't want the team to be forced to crunch.
  • vukedogvukedog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maybe weeeeeee resallleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a1keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 0.0
  • xDrac wrote: »
    So take your time to get things to a state you're comfortable for people to openly test <3

That's definitely the goal here - making sure we take the time to polish up both so that folks can see and appreciate all our team's hard work, and so that we can ensure you all are able to test what we want you to be focusing on <3
    community_management.gif
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am not surprised.

Honestly expect it to be pushed back to 3rd Quarter as more things become apparent in the next 2 months of testing.
  • OK, ready for Alpha 2 to be released. Chomping at the bit here
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You will be chomping at the bit for a while yet. Alpha 2 is a ways off. I kind of wish they would go ahead and just be honest with the schedule. This is probably the reality of said schedule.

They will do a couple more monthly tests. They will find a few more concerns. This will yet push back Alpha 1 a little bit more.
    Pre-Alpha Testing
    March
    April
    May
    June

They arrive back into their Offices on July 1st. This gives them Onsite capability to navigate any issues with servers or bugs and allows them to finish content that was planned for Alpha 1.

Alpha one starts July or August

Set your mind for that and chances are they make those dates. That to me is the realistic scenario that I kind of wish they would just admit.
  • Когда будет доступен Русский язык в игре? Русский появится уже на этапах альфа или уже на предрелизной версии? / When will Russian be available in the game? Will Russian appear already in the alpha stages or already in the pre-release version?
  • Thank you all so very very much for all your hard work.
    I understand that there are reasons why Steven was lead away from using project managers in the early days and he has owned those decisions.

I believe there's still room for improvement in Intrepid's project management, so that they assess the percentage of deliverables completed against published schedule(s) and draw conclusions sooner. This is nothing to beat Intrepid up over and one weeks notice does show a huge improvement over previous notice to testers. Steven's a smart guy and knows how to be successful far beyond my credentials.

A quote from my Engineering career that I'd like to share:
    "The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and isn't preceded by a period of worry and depression".

I use this as a measure for how bad things could be without any project management. The point is that a business needs to know as soon as something isn't on target so that appropriate corrective actions can be taken to get things back on track or so that customer expectations can be managed.

Sorry, I'll step down off my soap box now!
    It's coming from my heart, I wish you all well.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @LieutenantToast

Hello,

How do these scheduled tests equate to the test phases from the Kickstarter campaign?

Here are the upcoming tests as stated in the article:
    Alpha One Preview: May 14 to May 21, 2021
    Alpha One test: June 1 to June 30, 2021

This is what is stated in the Kickstarter for the Alpha tests.
    Alpha - Phase 1
    Alpha - Phase 2

I am assuming Alpha - Phase 1 is equivalent to Alpha One. I also assume that means there will be an Alpha Two that would equate to Alpha - Phase 2. Would this be correct?

I am trying to gauge when testing will open up to more people.

Thanks.
  • kgsavatar wrote: »
    This is what is stated in the Kickstarter for the Alpha tests.
    Alpha - Phase 1
    Alpha - Phase 2

I am assuming Alpha - Phase 1 is equivalent to Alpha One. I also assume that means there will be an Alpha Two that would equate to Alpha - Phase 2. Would this be correct?

Yes, that's correct! Any packs that include "Alpha - Phase 1" as described on Kickstarter will be joining us for our Alpha One testing, and any packs that include "Alpha - Phase 2" will be joining us in Alpha Two, which is planned to be our persistent Alpha state!
    community_management.gif
  • SycarenSycaren Member
    edited April 2021
    Being a software tester I appreciate the delays. The later that issues around the development cycle are dealt with, the bigger the cost in terms of hours and money to fix those issues. I've seen too many projects that I've personally been involved with fail or be received negatively by clients due to the impatience of upper level management to push out a project before it is ready for launch, even against the advice of the development and testing teams.
  • gugaokrogugaokro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have alpha 2. but is there any way I can get alpha 1 key?
  • TheBlazedAceTheBlazedAce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    gugaokro wrote: »
    I have alpha 2. but is there any way I can get alpha 1 key?

Not as of now, but in the last livestream they stated they are considering possibly opening up sales again for Alpha 1 keys.

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/
  • YEGxYEGx Member
    i bought the Originator: xsolla pack back in 2019 that gives me access to alpha?
    Can't see any details on the inclusions for it....
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    YEGx wrote: »
    i bought the Originator: xsolla pack back in 2019 that gives me access to alpha?
    Can't see any details on the inclusions for it....

was that alpha 1 or alpha 2?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • An update from our Creative Director regarding Alpha One: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-03-12-an-update-on-alpha-one-schedule

🧡 We thank you all for your continued support, patience, help, and feedback as we head toward our major Alpha One milestone.

I have just found out that Alpha One access may be offered through packages in May. I purchased my package at the very end of this month and am now fearing I may be excluded from Alpha One testing as a result. Due to the change in time of the Alpha One start date, will those who purchased the $250 package which includes Alpha Two, be grandfathered in during the Alpha One testing?

• ReclusiarcReclusiarc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have just found out that Alpha One access may be offered through packages in May. I purchased my package at the very end of this month and am now fearing I may be excluded from Alpha One testing as a result. Due to the change in time of the Alpha One start date, will those who purchased the $250 package which includes Alpha Two, be grandfathered in during the Alpha One testing?

Check out the start of the latest dev stream on youtube - there will be upgrade paths for Alpha one access.
  • CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    An update from our Creative Director regarding Alpha One: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-03-12-an-update-on-alpha-one-schedule

Its gonna cost you another 250$ if you wanna upgrade to A1, Steven said it was a 500$ package.
  • takontakon Member
    hi, just a question, how to download the game.
    because i bought a pass for the alpha two, and i was wondering how its going
  • mshifumshifu Member
    edited May 2021
    It was announced that Alpha One keys would be sold and more details would be announced on the 4th of May 2021.

Any update wrt that?
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    mshifu wrote: »
    It was announced that Alpha One keys would be sold and more details would be announced on the 4th of May 2021.

Any update wrt that?

I'm excited too but you have to let them wake up and get out of bed first haha
  • StovesStoves Member
    It's May 4th. Where's the key at???

/me begs "Take my money!"

Waiting for Alpha one news... :o
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Stoves wrote: »

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-05-04-brine-and-bounties
  • mshifumshifu Member
    edited May 2021
    Khronus wrote: »

So they aren't selling keys, they're just selling packages again not keys just for alpha testing?

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mshifu wrote: »
    Khronus wrote: »

So they aren't selling keys, they're just selling packages again not keys just for alpha testing?

if you want an alpha key you need to upgrade a pack you ready own OR by a new pack with the alpha 1 key
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KThallusKThallus Member
    edited May 2021
    I just upgraded my pack for additional $, do I get an email about alpha one testing, I think it was supposed to start at 11 AM today PST? :Can anyone verify this? Sorry for this but I read the news and will await patiently thanks for the news update, I should have read more before posting this. Cant wait to see what you have in store for us.