Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Boss behavior

BattleAttackBattleAttack Member, Alpha One
Hi,
I have a short question about what is planned for the behavior of bosses (with behavior i mean for example the movement, skils and attacks the boss is using to attack the player) during a fight. Will they always following the same pattern or will they change it after losing for example a certain amount of HP?

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It sounds like it will vary from encounter to encounter. In other words, don't expect the same behavior from the same boss every time! It may vary by level and members of the attacking group, by season of the year, by progress of nearby nodes, or other things not yet disclosed.

Yeah, AoC is a serious game, unlike some others.
  • BattleAttackBattleAttack Member, Alpha One
    That sounds very good. I hope you are right and a mechanic like this will be implemented. In my opinion it would make boss fights way more exciting.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We don't know right now exactly how the bosses will be programmed. Traditionally bosses are designed to use abilities based on timers and health thresholds, and we definitely saw that in the boss footage from this video: https://youtu.be/V_hsJPB8y7k

Aside from that, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm going to close this thread now but if you are have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.