Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Creative Director’s Letter

CDL-1920.jpg

Glorious Ashes of Creation community!

Our Creative Director has a new update for you all as we rapidly approach Alpha One testing. Read on to learn about our new office, continued growth, and progress towards the Alpha One playtest! https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-04-14-creative-directors-letter

CDL_Image_01.jpg
community_management.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So the two main points I got from that is that they are aiming to get sieges working in alpha 1 and that alpha 1 pack will be open for people to buy. All I can say is alpha 1 hype time!!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    We need a total revamp on races/characters. In my OPINION, they are very bland and similar. Dwarf is very thin and just seems like a human that just got played with the height meter. Great letter though!

To be continued.
  • ArcheonArcheon Member
    edited April 2021
    Great letter thanks for the update!
    We need a total revamp on races/characters. In my OPINION, they are very bland and similar. Dwarf is very thin and just seems like a human that just got played with the height meter. Great letter though!

To be continued.

Wait what!? I thought that the last shown version of dwarf was being changed :# If it actually isnt that would be beyond disappointing That isnt a dwarf its a hobbit... if that is actually the intent for dwarf then I wont be playing a dwarf :( my dwarf needs to look like this or it isnt a dwarf its a halfling:

b426ae05e7a511c7dbfa4ee8260f7b29.jpg

Edit: sorry the pics so big :(
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Archeon wrote: »
    Great letter thanks for the update!

To be continued.

Wait what!? I thought that the last shown version of dwarf was being changed :# If it actually isnt that would be beyond disappointing That isnt a dwarf its a hobbit... if that is actually the intent for dwarf then I wont be playing a dwarf :( my dwarf needs to look like this or it isnt a dwarf its a halfling:
    b426ae05e7a511c7dbfa4ee8260f7b29.jpg

Edit: sorry the pics so big :(

I'm pretty sure they said they have listened to the feedback and the dwarves would be remodelled. Nothing to worry about.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they said they have listened to the feedback and the dwarves would be remodelled. Nothing to worry about.

Mmm I thought that’s what was mentioned, until he said that, unless that last picture posted with the dwarf in armour is the intent, worried now 😅
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The letter certainly generates the hype. Looking forward to improvements.
    Would love to see more races.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well written letter, as always. Appreciated!
    T Elf wrote: »
    The letter certainly generates the hype. Looking forward to improvements.
    Would love to see more races.

undead races would be nice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    I agree. Imagine playing as a sexy vampire. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Also, your comment gives me some vibes from the Overlord anime.
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
    Barbecue wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    I agree. Imagine playing as a sexy vampire. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Also, your comment gives me some vibes from the Overlord anime.

That hurts sir.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »
    That hurts sir.
    Pain, pain, go away ! :)

lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • Hi everyone,

In my personal opinion, all races should be made more unique. At the moment it unfortunately looks like a model has only been changed in size and equipped with a few changes. Much more unique models of the races that differ much more would be desirable. Just more fantasy.

Not just shiny armors that all look like "humans".
  • Хотелось бы разнообразить расы, добавить: Расу темных жнецов, Расу орков, Расу зверолюдей!!!!