Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12PM PDT

Comments

• I have a question about endgame content such as node sieges, events, etc. I play another game which shall remain nameless but a lot of the important/fun endgame content is at very particular times, right now for instance it starts at 10:30 EST which is just too late for me to really participate. Are events in ashes going to be tied to particular times? If so will they be adjusted based on where the server is located so they are reasonable for most of the population?
  • Will monster coins allow you to take part in events on servers other than your own?
  • AstuWarAstuWar Member
    edited April 2021
    Assuming two small groups of players facing each other in PVP combat, both equal in gear and level, where one group is highly skilled and well coordinated and the other is composed of button-mashing players, what numerical superiority would you want the button-mashing group to need before they are able to defeat the highly skilled players? Would you expect to achieve such quality vs quantity balance?
  • Are crafting skills and fighting skills completely separate? Like can I have a character with all skill points spent into my fighting trees and then it also has completely separate skill points for crafting skills and trees and masteries, so I don't have to make a separate character that is my dedicated crafter?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Zetsu1211 wrote: »
    I have a question about endgame content such as node sieges, events, etc. I play another game which shall remain nameless but a lot of the important/fun endgame content is at very particular times, right now for instance it starts at 10:30 EST which is just too late for me to really participate. Are events in ashes going to be tied to particular times? If so will they be adjusted based on where the server is located so they are reasonable for most of the population?

Yes.
    Ashes will have a Prime Time Window that the main events take place in (Sieges, Objectives for Wars, etc)
    These will be based on the location of the servers. EU, NA - East, NA - West [Maybe NA-Central], OCE, SEA.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Most important....
    Will there be some sort of a photo mode like in FFXIV or BDO?
    You know, for all these fun cosmetics and amazing environments
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    How do you initiate naval PvP combat and how does it affect the entire crew's corruption status?
  • neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited April 2021
    Can you clarify how gathering will work? Do you press "E" to collect when you see a sparkling plant (for example)? Or are there still plans for a "gather" skill that you use on resources you've learned to recognize by sight from trial and error?
  • Can you give some examples of how you want to structure quests and questlines? Perhaps give some examples/teasers for your favourite ones in (or planned for) ashes.
  • TulvirTulvir Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I have a freehold in a node that is destroyed and is not in any zone of influence (ZOI) it is destroyed. This makes me wonder how often this could/would happen, especially on lesser developed nodes. I'm aware of the 1 week given to join another node, but do you envision this as something people should plan for or as something that players should plan for just in case?
  • meedxmeedx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Alongside the combat overhaul/revamp how much work is also being done on Movement?

Something world of warcraft, aswell as Archeage has always done well is movement, smooth animations, left and right strafing with model changes rather than your character just "sliding" sideways, no delay/ramp up time on movement, instant acceleration as well as world interaction physics (sliding, falling, not getting stuck on one rock because the texture was "pointy")
  • TwigeteTwigete Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    what comes first buying a house or being a citizen in a node, the wiki says house first but one of your vides you become a citizen before you buy a house. Margret even stated she could not buy a house do to not being a citizenship.
  • ItsMrCubixItsMrCubix Member
    edited April 2021
    How many and which (if not all) classes/ Archetypes will be implemented for the alpha 1 tests?
  • The game will support DLSS or Ray tracing technologies?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    twiggie wrote: »
    what comes first buying a house or being a citizen in a node, the wiki says house first but one of your vides you become a citizen before you buy a house. Margret even stated she could not buy a house do to not being a citizenship.

Steven has backtracked that statement.

Housing leads to citizenship eligibility, not the other way around.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • For caravan PvPs, will there be a limit on how many groups can attack/defend a caravan at once, for example, you have 2 groups attacking a caravan and just the 1 group defending, can a 3rd group then join in on attacking the caravan, and if there is/ is not a limit, how will the loot be distributed between the different attacking groups evenly if they successfully win the pvp?
  • XenBurXenBur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Will NPCs have barters available as a means to obtain certain rarer/unique items and resources through trade instead of directly purchasing them outright with gold? Could these barters be unlocked as you progress through the various systems i.e. guild, organization, node, religion, artisan, etc..
  • Sully8698Sully8698 Member
    edited April 2021
    Is their any talk about sea combat? How it will work? How will my ship builder dwarf prosper from building/upgrading peoples ships?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021
    Do you plan to open new, fresh servers around the world, 1-2 years after the release, just so that new players can enjoy the game?
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Are Siege Scrolls tied to a specific target Node or a specific Node Type (e.g., Economic) or a specific Node Stage (e.g., City Stage) and can they be upgraded/downgraded/modified once created?
  • Im not entirely sure if this has been answered but its about larger armor and weapons.

I do know that you dont want exxagerated armors (like the shoulderpads in wow) and such but will there be some bigger/bulkier armor for people who want to make a beefy/juggernaut type character? same thing with weapons, will there be weapons like large warhammers and zweihanders?

some examples of what i mean : https://imgur.com/a/frziin8
    if anyone else knows if they already responded to this i would love to know.
  • I know that armors are not restricted based on class, but could you elaborate more on why someone would wear heavy or light armor beyond appearance? Possibly some benefits or restrictions each armor type may have?
    self.exe.png
  • Will cross platform play be allowed? Can I use my one toon on pc or console?
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template.png
  • With raiding being dependent on node development, how will the gear progression function?

In more linear MMOs you'd get your gear from the dungeons before the raid and then gear up from said raid, in order to face the next tier of raids.

Since all of these are node development dependent, will players be forced out of their home node to farm different dungeons across the world, and hope X or Y raid doesn't disappear in the meanwhile?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Question:
    Will there be any areas in the world that are so corrupted they seep into the player if they are there for too long, slowly causing corruption or something similar?

Clarification:
    An example of this would be if you engaged a hard world boss, and you would slowly gain corruption while fighting it. Since corruption reduces stats such as health and damage, increases drop rate of gear the more corruption you have it would incentivize PvPers to attempt to gank the players attempting the boss (corruptionless death won't do that since people won't be bringing gatherables to raids), while it would incentivize the players attempting the boss to bring some PvPers along for defence. It would be a race against time for the PvErs since if the defending PvPers were wiped, they would be easily overrun due to having corruption – especially if it was towards the end of the encounter – building tension as the fight dragged on.
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Will I be able to summon a mount during combat?

If unable to, will I have to wait until all debuffs and poison effects wear off before summoning a mount. Can I just summon a mount once a creature has died.
  • zammwichzammwich Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With all the class archetypes and augment combinations how do you plan to make each augment feel impactful? Do you see a future in which aesthetics play a larger role then actually changing functionality with augments?
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Can you tell us more about what you plan for the virtual / on-site job fair, like how many people you expect or if we need to reserve appointment slots?
  • Do battle pets and Summons work together or can you only have one or the other?
    Also Which is better, Chicken or steak Cali burrito?
  • IYIIYI Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will an account be restricted from dropping items when corrupted, or is there nothing to stop a corrupted player from drop trading their friend their gear to then die and lose corruption?
    😏
    "Imagine dying to a broken sword."
    fzzNnU7.png