Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12PM PDT

Comments

• What do you think of randomizing respawn timers and locations to counter exploiting and repetitive grinding? I personally could see it generating dynamic gameplay. Same goes for the leash. It'd be great to have some randomised and changing values on those too.

I would also like to see some mount summoning animations and despawn animations. These animations could be a replacement for some sort of cast timer. I think it'd be too convenient to just instantly mount and flee the scene, but I also think you should still be able to mount in combat.

My final question is about proximity voicechat. I think it would feel very natural and add to the social aspect of the game to use proximity voicechat. It feels more natural (to me anyways) to hear a character/player actually speak than it does to read some chat/hover box. There could be a smaller proximity in more crowded area's to prevent 'chaos' if you know what I mean.

I'm looking forward to play the game an unhealthy amount of time.

Sincerely,

Hyruler
  • ZettrexZettrex Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hei Interpid, I got a Question Regarding Skills & Classes.
    With the Current Information we have, you have said we will be able to have up to 30 skills on our skillbar(s). And with the information we have till now there are, 10 passive abilities, 9 class abilities & 8 weapon abilities, shown. (with current UI: max 12 per tree).

How many Skills do you plan on having per tree? (number range)
  • What happened with the dragon some of us earned in APoC? you said we might see it in APoC.
  • HevelHevel Member
    When it comes to weapon & armor progression how often will we see side-grades instead of upgrades.
    Examples: melee weapon that has less damage for its rank but reduces ability cooldowns; armor that increases total HP but reduces fire resistance; etc.
  • Big HI to all the team :-).The bosses in raids ,will always have the same abilities ,or if we facing them on a high progress node they can have more skills or maybe some new phases ?ty
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Any updates on what will be implemented to prevent zergs from rushing through raids or from controlling entire zones with zero skill and only numbers?

1200 players seems like an excessive amount in an alliance if they are able to zerg content and bypass any real attempt to organize, improve, or build their community.
  • Do you foresee any issues with some servers not having enough conflicts; if any at all? Is it possible that a server could be at peace forever; thus essentially becoming a PVE only server?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2021
    Do you foresee any issues with some servers not having enough conflicts; if any at all? Is it possible that a server could be at peace forever; thus essentially becoming a PVE only server?

The poor will rise up and take from the rich. There will never be PvE only. And if word gets out that there will be, some pvp guild will relocate to the server and shake things up.
  • WizzyMcNastyWizzyMcNasty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I want a Dunir aesthetic in my freehold, and the highest end buffs my furniture can offer, is it beneficial for my Artisan Carpenter be Dunir as well? Or does character race not effect the ability to craft another race's furniture style, especially where buffs are concerned?
    V9bOc5g.png
  • Sully8698 wrote: »
    Is their any talk about sea combat? How it will work? How will my ship builder dwarf help people build/upgrade peoples ships.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval#Naval_caravans_.28Naval_caravans.29
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Darkfuria wrote: »
    Big HI to all the team :-).The bosses in raids ,will always have the same abilities ,or if we facing them on a high progress node they can have more skills or maybe some new phases ?ty

There will be between 12 to 15 raid bosses in the world.

Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
    Particular world bosses have stages of progression, such as defeating acolytes, then lieutenants, then generals, then the world boss itself.

At each stage there is increasing difficulty.

This may be parsed out into different time periods and be behind a wall of development.
    A single digit percentage of the population will be capable of defeating certain content.

There will be some in-depth raiding that has multiple stages that will be extremely difficult and... It would definitely be in the single digits of population that will be capable of defeating certain content... It doesn't mean that there won't be content available for the larger percentages as well... There should be a tiered level of content that players can constantly strive to accomplish. If there is no ladder of progression and everything is flat and all content can be experienced, then there is no drive to excel.– Steven Sharif

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raid_bosses
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • On average, it seems that players will have less hotkeys than some other mmos. Will combat still have a strong skill expression and mechanical focus, or will it rely more heavily on overall group and macro straegies?
  • If I want a Dunir aesthetic in my freehold, and the highest end buffs my furniture can offer, is it beneficial for my Artisan Carpenter be Dunir as well? Or does character race not effect the ability to craft another race's furniture style, especially where buffs are concerned?

As per the wiki:
    Crafting will not be race or class locked

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting#Race_or_class_locked_crafting
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Eiikko wrote: »
    On average, it seems that players will have less hotkeys than some other mmos. Will combat still have a strong skill expression and mechanical focus, or will it rely more heavily on overall group and macro straegies?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat

Essentially, seeing what has been said before and gathered in the wiki, it it will be a mix of both.

Being action combat will of course require a good mechanical skill from players, but it seems like overall team coordination and strategies/tactics will matter. Especially considering the large variety of sub-classes and what each may allow for in terms of strategic ideas.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Orcs when?
  • KeggerKegger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Question was answered. Thanks!

Deleted.
  • GodIsHereForUGodIsHereForU Member
    edited April 2021
    will there be armor specialized for things other than combat? like a full set that makes you travel faster, or collect more resources when gathering, or giving bonus exp for collecting materials. Gear that makes crafting and other professions easier or better? essentially non-combat gear that isn't just talismans or jewelry. And if so to what extent?
  • TyluenTyluen Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lore question:

As a new player arriving on Verra from Sanctus- how does the player character (pc) learn magic? Is it something that awakens/activates as the pc steps into Verra, or is there some baseline magical knowledge kept during the exodus?
  • TempTemp Member
    Regardless of what the game offer, no matter how good it look, how many things we can do in th game.. NOTHING is more importen then the combat, what do you do to ensure the combat will be on the highest level? Do you look on other mmo's where the combat is great? if so what mmo inspires the combat team ? We're alot that are VERY concern regarding the combat.

Best Regard Temp.
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will we be able to use accented letters in our character names, or just the basic 26 latin alphabet letters?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • NixalNixal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do you have plans for server population management (merges, splits, transfers)?
    It is very likely, 1-2 months after launch, some servers will be super overcrowded (large communites) and some will be ghosttowns.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member
    edited April 2021
    What will be the power level of caravan guard NPCs? Will it depend on the money spent or the level of the owner of the caravan? For example, as a level 20 player, will I be able to attack or defend (in an impactful way) a level 50 players caravan?
  • EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has there been thought of adding a visual effect upon logging into the game as opposed to just blinking into existence?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • CrystallisCrystallis Member
    edited April 2021
    Q: Will there be scabbards? Considering you invest a lot into this game, having YET another big budged game without scabbards/supports for weapons/shields etc. it is just SHIT! I had enough of weapons staying "in the air" on characters back. A lot of cosmetic$ can be purchased/farmed for each weapon class and going even further for each weapon having its own scabbard that would be something..
    Q: Will there be a testing ground with pre-defined characters (items and all) where new people will be able to test all classes and their respective subclasses to find the character(s) they enjoy the most from all points of view regarding the character(s), with preset builds let's say 100 be the standard damage, below 100 means the class will be support oriented, over 100 DPS class or/and over let's say 150 DPH (damage per hit) class oriented, same can be applied for shields/heals.
    Suggestion: Before the official launch you can have let's say a 72 h up to a week pre-official launch with a preset area where players can test characters, battle each other, testing characters with each other on 1v1, 2v2 etc, also you can use this as the ultimate servers stress and finding bugs.
    Suggestion: With the whole mining for bitcoin operations that are going on, with video cards been hard and expensive to find, if it was after me at the date of the official launch, if the market for video cards and processors have not cooled down in prices i would post pone the launch of the game. Remember that most viewers are in awe with the game's graphics and having to play the game on a shitty build it will hurt the hype of the game by a lot.
    Q: Will there be some king of face configuration program where we can use our own facial traits in creating the characters's face(s)? I would love to have that as an option.
    Q: Also a some kind of integrated type of voice program where you can hear people who are talking between each other in the game? I would love this too.
  • ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello lovely people of Ashes!
    What I would like to know today is.. Where there be some kind of unique spin on resource gathering such as giving your mount a form of storage to create bigger hauls, allowing you to spawn a caravan-style cart that allows you to dish out huge hauls that can be stolen, or the spawning of RICH vein mines that will be contested on the RAPID by anyone who hears of it's upcoming appearance on the map? I'd love to dip the toes of gathering into the other mechanics of the game, but of course also leave open the option to simply walk around picking berries as I'm sure many people want to keep basic.
    As usual thanks for reading,
    Chaos
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • will the Alpha 1 island be present in the world of Verra after the testing phase?
  • BarbarosBarbaros Member
    edited April 2021
    I have a question about world PVP:

When you choose to be a citizen of a node will you be able to attack other citizens or be attacked by other citizens from the same node as your own in the open world? Or do you become like allies and can't harm eachother?

(I love the concept art and renders by the way never seen so much diversity and the renders are absolutely gorgeous !!!)
  • Will we as players able to influence/control the weather in zones ? example: I don't want to sail in thunderstorm at sea so i change it temporarily or maybe id like to siege a castle and a specfic weather type would boost my guilds abilitys.

hmmm why would that even be a consideration ? player controlled weather >< i don't think that will be a thing m8 .
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Will there be niche stats? For example "increased healing received from allies", "increased armor penetration", "reduced attack speed for nearby enemies".
  • SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    I understand Steven's concerns about combat trackers (dps meters) causing toxicity. This decision however could alienate many players who seek to optimize their own performance. Could we at least have personal combat trackers so we can see only what we do or what happens to us?

Or perhaps make combat trackers guild only and available as a guild perk?