Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12PM PDT

Comments

• Are there any other artisan professions in development?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    (Name pronounced Aj-er-ray)

Will it be possible to have a character build dedicated to teamwork with a group in the sense of weapon procs or similar, for example a Cleric that uses Daggers and can proc Bleed in order to synergize with the abilities of their Rogue partner who uses a Polearm, but has no bleed procs of their own from their weapon?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• How will Ashes handle the campaign activities as we are ranking up? Will there be a strict time gate counting down before we are able to continue a questline after we completed a story node for example? Will there be moments in the game where we are forced to wait on a timer cooldown in order to continue like after completing a daily dungeons or by general progression?
  • is there any intention to add a race which is influenced by corruption so if they contribute the most to a node there would be a corrupted/dark node appearance?
  • If me and my friend's are running a tavern, how do we split the profits? Can the owner give wages, or do they give the gold out in a series of periodic trades?
    Just looking for a good time with chill people
  • MvAMvA Member
    What will the resurrection animation look like? And who all would be able to resurrect would it be strictly healing types or will it be available to those who go into some type of healing talent tree?
  • BubbleteaisloveBubbleteaislove Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will leveling a profession have a cap? In many MMOs i have played so far they have always had a cap which was always disappointing, as it meant that if you grind to "get ahead", in the long term it would mean nothing.
    Please discuss and please consider only a softcap so grinding something you like, really means something in Ashes of Creation
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Barbaros wrote: »
    I have a question about world PVP:

When you choose to be a citizen of a node will you be able to attack other citizens or be attacked by other citizens from the same node as your own in the open world? Or do you become like allies and can't harm eachother?

(I love the concept art and renders by the way never seen so much diversity and the renders are absolutely gorgeous !!!)

You can kill your fellow citizens.
    The only people you cannot flag on are: Guild members, Alliance Members, Raid and Party Members
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    Missnlink wrote: »
    Are there any plans to have competitive PvP within the game? Example: Personal ratings or Group ratings, etc.

All PVP is competitive as it all factors into your PVP Season Rank.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Question: Will you be moving away from rogues being fully invisible? I would like to see something more along the lines of (from the perspective of the opposing character) the 180 degrees behind the character the rogue is invisible, the 45 degrees on either periphery to be partial visible and the 90 degrees in front to be fully visible. Sick of someone being able to stand in the middle of a fully lit road "stealthed".

Rogues aren't fully invisible in Ashes of Creation
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    WillyG wrote: »
    Will the game incorporate dragon eggs for starting players to nurture until their dragon hatches? and will each dragon be unique unlike anyone else’s?
    Would love to see this making everyone stand out and not having the same dragon model.

There will only be 10-20 Dragons (Tier 3 Mounts) in the world at any time
    5 - Monarchs
    5 - Metro Mayors
    5-10 from found eggs
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • OtterboyOtterboy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Q: What is your philosophy on progression across various systems being account-wide vs character-specific?

My main has mounts, gear, cosmetics, titles, achievements, etc. Which if any will be obtainable on a different character?

Opinion: For me, it's less about the actual reward and more about what it takes to get it that should determine if it is account-wide or character-specific.
    For example, if there are things that feel really chorey, and aren't essential to the main leveling process AND I have to do them on every alt, then I am
    significant sad

but if once I complete X amount of daily quests or whatever on my main for some mount then I can summon that mount on my other boys then I'm
    sizable happy

• JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a material 'treasure' hunting system for mounts that can get rare or unique items? For example sniffing for underground truffle troves with your giant boar or diving for pearls with your turtle.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • Will there be Brazilian or Portuguese-speaking servers?
    twitch.tv/mangeronio
  • Are there more video footage regarding the node system?
  • DranionDranion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a way to customize your Interface for Healers or show a heal/dps meter for feedback on my own performance ?
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will it be possible to have custom music and/or a composer system for guild halls and private apartments that can be heard by guests? (furniture, music boxes, bgm, etc) If not in-game, will it be possible to submit custom music options for approval?
  • SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be any benefit to having multiple people in my friend group master the same Crafting profession, such as working together on a crafted item?
  • What tools (if any) are you planning to have to help facilitate group making? I understand that you're not adding an automated LFG dungeon tool, but will there be ways to advertise groups and select players?
  • Will there be sometime in the future, the idea of an underwater playable race? the existence of a radically different race is very exciting!
  • Can you go near the volcano and harvest lava to create an awesome fire resist armor?
  • Armor crafting is race specific or at least has elements of that race? For example, elven armors/weapons are light, made from special glass/leaves/bark/lake crystals while orcs are focused on iron and leather/bones, are bulky and have a raw look
  • Will you change slightly the animations of the attacks if a crit procs? To have a more visual impact/satisfaction
  • If a node grows to first level with the orc majority of influence and then gets to next level with majority elven assistance, how will the transition occur considering that the node visuals evolve according to the main race contributor?
  • Looking at The Elder Scrolls, Dota 2 and Counter-Strike Global Offensive modding, how is your view over player-mod submissions? For example, a player creates an awesome weapon or amor set that gets a lot of likes on the forum, would you be willing to add it in-game as craftable or buyable customization?
  • If 2 plots of land are acquired by 2 different players, will they be able to build so close to eachother that a huge mansion is built on 2 plots of land (to be able to walk through the house unhindered through the plots limit)?
  • What happens to a player that starts destroying another player's house from a plot outside the town?
  • Will you create awesome trailers (like blizzard does) to attract more people into the game?
  • DreohDreoh Member
    edited April 2021
    Seisure wrote: »
    Will there be sometime in the future, the idea of an underwater playable race? the existence of a radically different race is very exciting!

You can only submit one question.
    In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better!