Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Nineteen: A Powerful Plea

JTA19.jpg

Surprised by your sudden temptation to subvert the village’s profits into your own pockets, you begin to feel more disconcerted by the ever-increasing notions of chaos and destruction that are pervading your thoughts. Perhaps an appeal to the gods could clear your mind and your conscience.

Who do we pray to for divine intervention?
🙏 Shol, God of Truth
🤲 Norlan, Goddess of Fate
community_management.gif

Chapter Nineteen: A Powerful Plea 130 votes

🙏 Shol, God of Truth
47% 62 votes
🤲 Norlan, Goddess of Fate
52% 68 votes

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    OH HELLS NO!

The gods will not guilt trip me for taking what was rightfully mine. Im making my own religion
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Stability comes from truth, but fate is constantly changing.
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Truth can only tell us about the now. Fate will guide us for what is to come.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • The TRUTH is that we made the correct choice to keep the gold that was FATEd to be ours.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Truth is power. Truth is not fair. Truth will set you free. Truth binds. Truth is the guiding principle of life. Truth unites. Truth divides. Truth takes no sides. Truth is on your side. Truth is before, now and tomorrow . Truth is timeless. Truth does not judge. Truth lets you judge. Truth is facts. Truth is not feelings. Truth is the only constant among Gods & Mortals. Pray to Truth. Seek Truth.
  • recklessreckless Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    I pray to “The others” ... why pray forgiveness when “the others” will bless you for keeping the money for yourself
    reckless wrote: »
    I pray to “The others” ... why pray forgiveness when “the others” will bless you for keeping the money for yourself

Now we are talking, with the power of the others we can rebuild this world in our image
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Y'all messed up last time. Hell we've been railroaded a few times now, we weren't even given the option to forge a full set of attire out of the giant critter parts, just went straight to gold bars. So.... now we're having to pray for therapy while the trade node is arming up with the spoils of our victory. I'm glaring at the GM right now.
  • AmarAmar Member
    Hummm...I'm not affiliated with any single religion, nor do I normally pray to a god. However...Given the available choices I'm going to need to say, Norlan, Goddess of Fate. Fate will probably decide the path I take as I leave the village with gold in my pack and a new bow on my back... Time to go explore the Vera... ;)
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    OH HELLS NO!

The gods will not guilt trip me for taking what was rightfully mine. Im making my own religion

With black jack
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
    Disconcerted by the ever increasing notions of chaos and destruction.
    Some GM's just know how to suck all the life out a party. Chaos , death and destruction is where all the fun is at.
    The carebears boned us again now we have to play"nice" with others.
    Truth.
    Without Chaos nothing evolves with out order nothing exists.
    Nagash and I will be the agents of chaos you need to spice up your life!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • NeorineNeorine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No matter how much Truth one may know, it all leads to the same inevitable Fate that was destined for them.

Though knowing the Truth about one's Fate, might make it less painful in the end...
    4ticemcuvf1g.png
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Truth is usually harsh and unforgiving - befitting the tradition of the elves that they've passed down through the generations. Fate tends to curse your existence, but at least gives you wiggle room to fight for your destiny. Eitherway, I feel Fate and Truth eventually cross paths.

Normally I'd side with the elves, but in this case it seems like there's more adventure if we consult Norlan.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
    edited April 2021
    The question I have is why should we seek forgiveness when we did all the work
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Know the truth and forge your own fate... in the blood of your enemies!
  • MissnlinkMissnlink Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we simply not pray to anything?
    The devs are railroading us
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited April 2021
    I suspect the outcomes will be the same:

God of Truth be like: "Greed & bloodthirst are your true desire, the core of your psyche. One, should always stay truthful to himself. Embrace your true self, go ahead & pocket the profits!"

Goddess of Fate be like: "You're destined to richness. Greed & blood is the inevitable path you will take. Embrace your fate, and face it. Go ahead & pocket the profits!"

Yes my lords. I'd pocket the loots. It's us who killed the mob anyway.

"We've become a nation of wolves ruled by sheep."
    Otep: Smash the Control Machine

Rise up and take back control
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited May 2021

Would love to.
    Ever seen this? We are a tad bit out numbered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJFNQd62Wk
  • ZacHankZacHank Member
    What does truth matter when we are all slaves to fate?
  • Surprised by your sudden temptation to subvert the village’s profits into your own pockets

Nah, this didn't surprise me at all.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Would love to.
    Ever seen this? We are a tad bit out numbered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJFNQd62Wk

A necromancer is never outnumbered just waiting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• MithicaMithica Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great work guys.
    WoEMOkH.png
  • I earned a little coin by fair and honest graft,
    Giving it to villagers really seemed quite daft!
    I prayed to the God of Truth about this blind insanity
    to clear away the madness that led to mindless charity.
    Alas he wasn't listening, or at least had nothing to say
    about the outburst of benevolence that ruined my profitable day.
    I prayed to the God of Fate to regain my disposed wealth,
    She answered quite bluntly, "at least you have your health"
    I tired of all that praying; it played havoc with my knees.
    Next I'll try to find a bar and drown my miseries.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Nagash wrote: »
    OH HELLS NO!

Or just be an atheist. Or. maybe just enjoy the chaos. Or just like don't care.
    OH HELLS NO!

Or just be an atheist. Or. maybe just enjoy the chaos. Or just like don't care.

well being an atheist in a world with living breathing gods is kind of hard
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You could:

- go into denial
    - create a world of no gods, by removing the living breathing gods

Or is that what the Ancients tried to do?
    I wish I were deep and tragic