Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

One way war

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Looks like something similar to the L2 style of a crest above head with two crossed swords to indicate in pvp or at war.

L2 also had a single sword for one way war, meaning a war that has been declared but not accepted. Not being accepted does not preclude being at war.

Has it been discussed how a one way war might work and/or how that might be signified?

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A one way war is not a war, its a massacre
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    L2 War process
    • If the character who's declared war dies from the opposing clan, it loses 100% of XP (like death from a mob). If the war is two-sided, 25% is lost.
    • In two-sided war the killer of a "white" character doesn't become chaotic; but the PvP counter increases.

I haven`t found anything within the wiki to outline what happens if a clan does not accept a war declaration.
    So just wondering.
    edited May 2021
    This is the only info I could find it seems there is no way to decline a guild war

Declaring a castle siege

Siege preparation.[25]
    Guilds are able to sign up to either siege or defend a castle over a week long declaration period.[20][10]

Once a guild registers for the siege a scroll creation quest is initiated that guild members may participate in, and it becomes possible to lay the declaration scroll down as soon as the quest is completed.[26]
    Multiple guilds may register to attack and the first to complete the scroll and lay down the declaration may begin to have their members register to attack (there will be a cap).[26]
    The siege scroll deployment is a 5 min rooted cast that alerts the region at the cast initiation and names the caster that must be the guild leader.[26][27]
    If the guild leader is killed, the casting is interrupted.[28] The scroll will remain until it is recast. It will disappear if it is not cast within the declaration period.[29]
    The scroll may only be placed in a ring around the castle.[30] The quality of the scroll determines the proximity to the castle.[31]
    Players don't need to be in the guild that owns a castle in order to sign up for the defense of the castle.[10]
    The guild leader that owns the castle is able to approve guilds that have applied to defend at the castle.[10]
    Following declaration, the defender has a week grace period to approve defenders, hire mercenary NPCs and set up defensible positions.[20][10]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Castle_sieges
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks, as always Nagash.

I had a deeper search and found some good refresher info but nothing similar to what I was after.

The castle siege info again is almost like a cut and paste from the L2 system.
    For those that never played L2, but who have played ESO, the taking of a Cyrodiil castle is not so different in principal, just a little less time consuming.

The last development update almost hinted at a bit of a hybrid of both thrown into the mix.

I wonder about the wars though.. as I recall it was sometimes more beneficial to keep a one way than two way.. became survival of the clan with the most stamina for xp loss vs gear loss.
    Maybe you could ask that as a question in the next Q&A I think a lot of guilds will want to know more about this
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »
    This is the only info I could find it seems there is no way to decline a guild war

Makes sense. Although, it would have saved a lot of trouble in the 1900s.

Hitler: We're declaring war on you all!
    Everyone else: Nope, we don't accept your war.
    Hitler: Dammit....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Makes sense. Although, it would have saved a lot of trouble in the 1900s.

Hitler: We're declaring war on you all!
    Everyone else: Nope, we don't accept your war.
    Hitler: Dammit....

As a heart of iron player I need this as a mod :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Declaring a castle siege

Siege preparation.[25]
    Guilds are able to sign up to either siege or defend a castle over a week long declaration period.[20][10]

Once a guild registers for the siege a scroll creation quest is initiated that guild members may participate in, and it becomes possible to lay the declaration scroll down as soon as the quest is completed.[26]
    Multiple guilds may register to attack and the first to complete the scroll and lay down the declaration may begin to have their members register to attack (there will be a cap).[26]
    The siege scroll deployment is a 5 min rooted cast that alerts the region at the cast initiation and names the caster that must be the guild leader.[26][27]
    If the guild leader is killed, the casting is interrupted.[28] The scroll will remain until it is recast. It will disappear if it is not cast within the declaration period.[29]
    The scroll may only be placed in a ring around the castle.[30] The quality of the scroll determines the proximity to the castle.[31]
    Players don't need to be in the guild that owns a castle in order to sign up for the defense of the castle.[10]
    The guild leader that owns the castle is able to approve guilds that have applied to defend at the castle.[10]
    Following declaration, the defender has a week grace period to approve defenders, hire mercenary NPCs and set up defensible positions.[20][10]

That's castle sieges. My understanding is there are also guild vs guild wars which are different, but we don't know much about them yet.
    Saedu wrote: »

Declaring a castle siege

Siege preparation.[25]

That's castle sieges. My understanding is there are also guild vs guild wars which are different, but we don't know much about them yet.

castle siege are guild vs guild
    nJ0vUSm.gif