Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Freehold Building, Cleanse Corruption?

MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Freehold Building Cosmetic Skin *

Into this luminescent pool, a sliver of the land's natural magic flows. Indeed, there is as much power coursing through the channel as there is water. This rejuvenating basin is the perfect place for an adventurer to alleviate the rigors and struggles of the world.monthly_cosmetics_1920---Building.png

Would be mighty nice if Guild Freeholds or personal freeholds could have this building type that helps cleanse corruption.

I am not exactly sure what type of building this cosmetic skin applies to (possibly a shrine?) as we don't have much information on what cosmetic freehold skins are paired with which building. I know the devs are working on that.
This rejuvenating basin is the perfect place for an adventurer to alleviate the rigors and struggles of the world.
But this building seems to cleanse and cure players with status debuffs, regenerate health, fatigue, perhaps give a buff, why not corruption? Its like a healing fountain.
  • Method #1: Slow reduction in corruption over time by sitting in the pool
  • Method #2: A 10-15% buff towards corruption reduction activities
I can say corrupted players/guilds would reeeealllly care about Freeholds and wanted to have/defend it.
Clarification

Edit #1 - Not an instant cleanse
I don't mean a instant cleanse or a cleanse in 20 minutes, that would be OP for sure. But a slow cleanse over a long period of time is reasonable. Steven doesn't want people to go on endless killing sprees which is why the corruption system exists and is effective. A cleansing pool such as this does not take away from the effectiveness of the corruption system, as it still takes a long time to reduce the corruption debuffs.

Military Nodes are also another form of this as it reduces corruption times.

Edit #2 - Referring to the Building type, not the cosmetic
It would be P2W if this particular cosmetic gave those abilities, but that's not what I mean or intend. Cosmetic skins only change the appearance of an object and nothing else. I am referring to the actual building itself, it's just this particular cosmetic's description alludes to the fact that there is a building that has rejuvenating capabilities. And if there is such a building, I'm suggesting it to also cleanse corruption slowly over time.

Comments

• Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a great idea and as it cures your corruption the water could turn red with the blood of your enemies while you count how many tree stumps you collected for your boats hull.

Not everyone wants to do quests to lower their pk count I think bathing in the cleansing waters of the luminescent pool is a much better option like sitting in a jacuzzi after a hard day of work.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be overpowered and not in line with the corruption mechanics all that item is is flavour text

Removing corruption

The primary means to remove corruption is through death. Multiple deaths may be necessary to remove all corruption

Dying removes a significant portion of a player's corruption score.
    Gaining experience will also slowly reduce a player's corruption score.
    That creates a fun kind of experience for the bounty hunters to try to catch you while you're working it off.– Steven Sharif

A quest may be utilized to reduce the player kill (PK) count of a corrupt player in order for them to accumulate less corruption score in the future.
    This is a design shift from a religious quest being used to directly reduce the corruption score.
    Corruption duration is reduced in military nodes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to die, if I kill bounty hunters does it lower my corruption?

I still think bathing in the luminescent waters to reduce corruption is a good idea the bounty hunters can still find people and the waters are healing so I mean it should work theoretically and if they use pathfinding they are welcome to join in the pools.

I don't understand how it is overpowered you assume I'm going to die when red.
    Kiv3k wrote: »
    I don't want to die

well dont get Corruption ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Honestly just seems like some flavor text.

Sure does seem like you guys wanting to live the Corrupted life are looking for all the possible ways out of its consequences.

All kidding aside, I do agree with Necromancer extraordinaire on the fact that that would be a wee bit too overpowered.

Although I do imagine that crafting and other artisan stuff carried out in your freehold may indeed work out some of that corruption
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah but if its just flavor text then what is the point of this building?
    Mikasa wrote: »

well its a skin for a building you can get in your freehold. Like a fishing pond
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    Nagash wrote: »

well its a skin for a building you can get in your freehold. Like a fishing pond

This ^
    Sig-ult-2.png
    edited May 2021

Ya we don't need the pool to heal us that's what clerics are for, so if im going to a magical pool to alleviate the stress of carrying all those tree stumps it should cure me of my contracted pk count and karma, and the water should turn red.
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to die

But what if a red player kills me, and I'm just trying to collect tree stumps in my mushroom outfit?

Does the Sea Horse boat really run circles around other boats?

That's op if it does and if it is what you call flavor text I call that false advertising.

This needs more clarification from the Gods.
    I don't want to die

But what if a red player kills me, and I'm just trying to collect tree stumps in my mushroom outfit?

then you have to die ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's just to look pretty and soothes you by it's beauty. I'm with @Nagash just don't get corruption and you'll be good.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

edited May 2021
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

This is terrible advice my bro. I refuse to die ever, I will forever reincarnate like the phoenix.

The natural magic of the pool will cure corruption and bounty hunters can find wild redlings bathing in the waters.
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

This is terrible advice my bro.

Thats the way of the game :wink:
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited May 2021
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

2dRO.gif

What should the natural magic of the luminescent waters cleanse then?

What kind of struggles will you find on your adventures?

What rigors do you feel you may possess after exploring the lands?

Maybe it'll cure fevers.

It has to rejuvenate something what say you.
  • PercimesPercimes Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

This is the way.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

2dRO.gif

well if you attack a full corrupted player and you are a Non-combatant (someone who has not Corruption) then you will gain none
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Maybe it'll cure fevers.

Nothing its just a skin for a building nothing more nothing less
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited May 2021

Maybe it'll cure fevers.

You have successfully killed my dreams, ur pk count is 1, I'm going to the npc to cast pathfinding so I can find you on the map. If you see a big jellyfish run.
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

This is terrible advice my bro. I refuse to die ever, I will forever reincarnate like the phoenix. .

Haven't you ever seen a movie or read a book? What am I saying, of course you haven't. Let me inform you:

People who say this, die the most XD
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I don't want to die

then you have to die ^^

2dRO.gif

Maybe it'll cure fevers.

Rashes. Lots and lots of rashes
    Sig-ult-2.png

Maybe it'll cure fevers.

You have successfully killed my dreams, ur pk count is 1, I'm going to the npc to cast pathfinding so I can find you on the map.

Oh come then, I am not some farmhand ready for the slaughter.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Going to edit the original post, I don't mean an instant cleanse, that would certainly be OP. Rather, a slow cleanse overtime such as reducing -100 corruption / hour or 10% every 2 hours.

A simple method to reduce some of the corruption over time which makes sense. Steven doesn't want players to be able to non-stop kill tons and tons of players and that's why he built the corruption system. A slow reduction in corruption over time is reasonable.
    Going to edit the original post, I don't mean an instant cleanse, that would certainly be OP. Rather, a slow cleanse overtime such as reducing -100 corruption / hour or 10% every 2 hours.

A simple method to reduce some of the corruption over time which makes sense. Steven doesn't want players to be able to non-stop kill tons and tons of players and that's why he built the corruption system. A slow reduction in corruption over time is reasonable.

That is still OP and not how you get rid of corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ne-4Xl3Rw&t=138s
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited May 2021

That is still OP and not how you get rid of corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ne-4Xl3Rw&t=138s

Correct, currently it is not but that's why I'm proposing this idea to Intrepid Studios to make it become a method of cleansing corruption. There is a middle ground to be had here that is fair and not OP. I don't see any reason or argument on why this should not be a thing.

Already watched that video a long time ago, I'm aware.
    Im not turning this into another Corruption thread but I will leave it on this point. corruption is not a good thing it is a penalty and therefor it should take work to remove it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited May 2021
    Im not turning this into another Corruption thread but I will leave it on this point. corruption is not a good thing it is a penalty and therefor it should take work to remove it

My stash of tree stumps disagrees with you corruption is a good thing. This is a thread about cleansing corruption in the luminescent fountains and utilizing their rejuvenating properties in a manner that shall be equal for all players to make use of.

What direction are you trying to take the thread Mr.

If you keep challenging our Ideas we are going to have to capture you and put you in the back of the ship as cargo in a barrel until you leave your guild and become a pirate.

Asgeer I gots rashes I'm down with curing the rashes.
  • PokeRaptorPokeRaptor Member
    edited May 2021
    I like that idea are you recruiting?
    I've taken your coin as a pledge of my loyalty.
  • welcome brother
    3-Ragonrok.gif
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Already stealing from each other...boy they are doomed XD
    Sig-ult-2.png