Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Player Housing

This game looks real interesting and I'm really looking forward to hear more about it. I just wanted to know how the player housing works. Will it be like a private area or will everyone have access to it? It would seem kind of pointless to build a house then have it destroyed while you're out exploring.

Comments

• You can read here on the main info page.
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/about/
  • Would love to see housing items, like in LOTRO they had rare dungeon trophies you could display in and around your home that collect from defeating bosses.
    just an example.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ABvLl7b4ffY/Tr1k8RMLhlI/AAAAAAAAAHI/KvAt79rQYAA/s1600/draigoch3.jpg

Wildstar did this also.

Boss head trophies

http://i.imgur.com/NO6uTV1.jpg
  • The more customization the better. I love Shroud of the Avatar because the housing is so extensive. Unmatched in the genre. I hope AoC will have a high degree of customization options as well.

I am not clear on whether housing will be instanced or not. If not, will there be a land rush like Archeage, Shroud of the Avatar, UO? The housing in the new Blog video looks fantastic.
  • [quote quote=1331]The more customization the better. I love Shroud of the Avatar because the housing is so extensive. Unmatched in the genre. I hope AoC will have a high degree of customization options as well.

I am not clear on whether housing will be instanced or not. If not, will there be a land rush like Archeage, Shroud of the Avatar, UO? The housing in the new Blog video looks fantastic.

[/quote]
    If you go by the "about the game" page, then its gonna have a very high degree of customization :) Seems you can develop both the land around your house, and the house itself. I really like the sound of having your own smithy :)
    Normally I havent spend that much time on housing in the MMO's I've played, mostly cause its been lacking. But I did spend a fair bit of time in BDO, since it seemed to have alot of customization.
  • I would love to see different housing types available.

Cottage
    Wizard tower
    Small keep
    a Ruined home or building * disguised home for a rogue
    Trademans home - where you can play your trade on your own property

feel free to add on. =)
  • I would love to see a Variety of different types of housing, and the ability to place a home and eventually increase your holdings and possibly build a Guild Community in the Area, Or maybe a player controlled City. Kind of reminds me of Starwars Galaxies housing system.

Also maybe allow for item placement in the homes like any loot item you pick up. That would be awesome.
  • [quote quote=1419]I would love to see a Variety of different types of housing, and the ability to place a home and eventually increase your holdings and possibly build a Guild Community in the Area, Or maybe a player controlled City. Kind of reminds me of Starwars Galaxies housing system.

Also maybe allow for item placement in the homes like any loot item you pick up. That would be awesome.

[/quote]

Yes thats definitely some SWG there. Its an awesome feature though and would incorporate well into any Sandbox Game.
  • I prefer the housing design like in Archeage, where land is limited but exclusive which is what makes it worth it if you get a really good spot.
  • I would love to have "picture frame" decorations in which you can upload your own pictures.. similar to what you can do in archeage.
  • Yes the about page say's a few things, but nothing about losing you'r house...
  • These answers refer to mainly freehold housing, but you can probably extend most of it towards node housing and instance housing.

Q: What type of housing are there?
    A: There are three types of housing.
    1) Instance housing: This type of housing is a way to allow players to own housing if persistent housing is full. This option may be controlled by the player run government, to allow for space for instance housing in the city.
    2) Node housing: These housings are tied to the node. They exist in the city and evolve with the city. If you get in early, your house can develop into a mansion.
    3) Freeholds: These housings are located outside of the city but in the ZOI (zone of influence). Freeholds are the most customizable and have the most emphasis. There are talks about turning your freehold into a farm, into a tavern, into a blacksmith, so it seems there's a great amount of flexibility with freeholds.

Q: Can you lose your housing?
    A: Freeholds are saved even after the node is destroyed. Freeholds are protected under the node's ZOI, only after the city is destroyed can your freehold be raided. Even though your freehold is saved, some resources you carry in your storage may still be up for grabs after a raid. As for instance housing, this too may also be saved, but I highly doubt node housing will be saved.

Q: Can you decorate your housing?
    A: Yes. Furniture will be an artisan class. Picture have been seen in pre-alpha footage.

Q: Is there a limit to housing?
    A: Yes, freeholds and node housing are limited by space. Only instance housing will be "unlimited" but it's probably controlled by the player government so space may also be limited too.
  • If your house gets i dont know blown up or burnt to a crisp by the angry mob of players, do you get all your items back that you placed in the house or are they gone forever?
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/player-housing/#post-25143">cypher86 wrote:</a></div>I would love to have “picture frame” decorations in which you can upload your own pictures.. similar to what you can do in archeage.

</blockquote>

Yeah that would be an interesting add in for house customization but issue i see is what the pixel size would they allow, i mean archeage has a 256x256 side for images in a jpeg which kinda wreaks the quality of images depending on what the picture is of.
  • Q: If your house gets i dont know blown up or burnt to a crisp by the angry mob of players, do you get all your items back that you placed in the house or are they gone forever?
    A: This is in regards to freehold. Your freehold is saved like a template with all furniture and items in their position. You can place it back down once you find a new place. The only items up for discussion are possibly the items in your storage that may be subjected to lost. And don't worry too much about your freehold getting blown up while you're offline. As long as your own frequent to the node progression, the node has to be attacked first before your freehold is. (There's no set time for siege declaration but numbers has been bounced around for a stage 6, metropolis node, around 1 week perhaps)
  • Thank god for that it suck if u put a days worth of work into make the house perfect to then have it go up in flames when u leave it for 5 mins