Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs

StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
edited May 2021 in Announcements
Hello friends,

With the release of the verbal NDA, I'd like to share this thread to the community, so they have some insight to the testing that is ongoing in the Ashes Alpha One Preview testing.

It's important to note, that the Alpha One experience is not meant to be a content test. But rather, standing up core systems in their bare bones state and vetting our technical architectures, while providing the opportunity for us to optimize and squash bugs.

Comments

• AmmaAmma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you Devs for your hard work. You are making many people very happy with what you create. There are not many jobs out there which can put a smile on so many faces :smile:
  • playman45playman45 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    loved the testing so far, the event we had on the Kal server this morning was insane and i even held up quite well frames wise throughout that encounter. all in all this test went extremely smooth and was more than a surprise for many of us. keep on pushing through! you guys got a fantastic product on your hands!
  • glakunsglakuns Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Thank you for all the optimization, fixes, and DevOps you do! And the work shows through!
  • Chilly OGChilly OG Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I have been in I.T. since 1990..... yeah I am old hence the O.G. tag. The point is during that time - all gamer time too - I have seen a great number of "Done it right" and "Done it wrong" games developed and released to the world. YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT! Stick to your guns - take your time. Good release is always greater than fast release. If you let AoC get out and it isn't fully developed or is buggy then that is the killing blow. If you take extra time to get it right - that will be forgotten the day it is released IF IT COMES OUT CLEAN!

Rock on you have my support - the full weight of Chilly's Tavern patrons - and everyone I talk to backing you that say it is expecting to finally be an MMO worth spending real time in like the old days of EQ and DAOC and even WoW .... meaning this game is set to be one of the "Greatest of all Time" games!

Thanks a ton for allowing me to participate in your development process. I look forward to helping further in the future

Chilly O.G.
    r9L9b6I.png
    Chilly's Tavern Discord Link
    Keep calm Chilly & obviously just laugh!
  • StrategicNapStrategicNap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Having seen the issues forst hand it was an amazing decision to delay the NDA. Getting to see the day to day changes fixes and improvements was exceptionally encouraging and exciting. Thx for all your hard work!
  • OpaOpa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To the amazing Devs and all the teams that made this weekend possible. <3<3<3

You all did an awesome job, the world is looking beautiful and I cannot wait for another chance to see how you continue to improve it. Get some much needed rest as i am sure you are running on the last of your energy drinks at this point :)
  • ElberichElberich Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just wanted to stop by and say, for a pre alpha game I was incredibly impressed, all of the developers did a fantastic job. I haven't had so much fun in an MMO in roughly 10 years which says a lot given it's in pre alpha state. I cannot wait to see the finished product as I have no doubt it'll be fantastic.
  • WetnHolyWetnHoly Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Hey guys and gals, I had an excellent time during the alpha! It was an amazing experience and I'd like to thank everyone that's apart of the Ashes of Creation team, you all are the real mvp! 💙 Thank you!!! 💙
  • KayRockKayRock Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Great work guys, I'm really impressed.

The fact that the rubber banding issue was almost completely resolved within 24 hours during the testing phase, impressed me a lot. I can honestly say that my experience on Sunday was better than I've had with most fully released games out there.

Overall great experience, I've already told all of my friends and family how great of an experience this was. I can't wait to see what comes next! I can really see the vision of the world coming together and can't wait to keep participating in future tests.
  • TwigeteTwigete Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    amazing job with the response and updates keep it up cant Waite to try the final version
  • chaoticwaffleschaoticwaffles Member, Intrepid Pack
    That was a ton of fun and i see huge potential that you guys are sure to deliver on. Good job to everyone on the team!
  • BloodmaceBloodmace Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As seen already, AoC in pre-alpha is already more fun and put together than new releases in the last 5 years. Already meeting new friends and exploring a portion of a world that I hope to spend many years shaping and changing. Y’all are amazing and the work and dedication shows with the progress made each and every time a clear issue appears. Keep up the amazing work!
  • hellenehellene Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you Devs for all of your hard work! I was really impressed about the server stability, for an Alpha one. I know you all must have gotten zero sleep working, so get some rest! <3
  • veeveeluvveeveeluv Member, Intrepid Pack
    Thank you Dev's! Today is my birthday and it was magical to be able to see pretty much the whole map thanks to a friendly guild whom picked me up in front of the newb dungeon to the East. Being able to participate in the final raid was epic. Thanks for the invite and experience. The world is looking pretty great, and for the most part navigating worked with minor hang ups. The dragons were awesome! :) I think you all are doing a great job on such a big task. Thanks for your dedication and looking forward to seeing the progress next time!
  • SluggsSluggs Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    This was the most fun I've had in any MMO since the launch of original WoW. The environment is gorgeous and immersing. I truly want to say Thank You. I was excited to come home and play every day. I found myself eager for 11 am to arrive. I was legitimately sad when 9 pm arrived today. I spent the last hour just traveling the map and appreciating the beautiful work you have created. I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time Alpha Testing an MMO but it far surpassed whatever my expectations were. Running into battle w/ GMSteven and 100+ players on Server Kal was the highlight of my weekend. It was a real community and sharing it with real GMs and our fearless leader Steven (I think it was him lol) was amazing. I have never invested in early packages for any video game until now and I am so glad I did. I am so excited for this game to move into full non-NDA Alpha so I can finally talk about this with all my friends and the broader gaming community. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great work Devs! thank you!
  • KrothisKrothis Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Huge thank you to the Devs, Steven, and the community managers so much for the fun weekend! Thanks for sacrificing your weekend time to work on this for us all! I think we all learned a lot and hopefully we helped you get the information you wanted. Thanks for pulling me out of the ground a few times as well haha
  • TeeTee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you to all of the devs for the hard work and love put into this game!

I know the purpose for this was testing but I also really enjoyed the quests as well, the cave quest was a really nice introduction to the importance of teamwork and I really enjoyed the way we had to collect the flowers by actually utilizing the terrain and jumping from feature to feature

I can’t wait to continue testing and experiencing the game as it progresses through.
  • DdodgeDdodge Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Keep up all the great work. Had a blast bug smashing. Exploring and combat was a lot of fun. Stay positive and most of all take care of yourselves, your making something beautiful.
  • BirdieBirdie Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you dear devs for all the hard work! We really appreciate it. Also a huge THANK YOU to Maggie and Toast for taking care of the discord channels.
    You guys are legends.
    Much love!
    Birdie
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • HonfoldHonfold Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I went into this pre-alpha weekend expecting to play a few hours, submit some bug reports and help stress test the game. My expectations were blown away. The art team has done a great job. The zones are beautiful, unique and immersive. If I explored one zone, I explored the next. I wanted to see what was around the next corner. I ended up playing every hour the servers were available.

The combat was remarkably smooth for this early in development. You guys have done a great job of making the skills feel powerful, like they have some weight to them. The capability of the devs to troubleshoot the performance issues early on also inspired confidence.

Keep it up! Very excited to see what you all can create.
  • Mickjay67Mickjay67 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm incredibly impressed by the effort shown over the weekend to address issues, it was amazing to see issues like rubber banding being worked on real time as we tested and seeing actual improvements the next day.

Also the game in it's current state is pretty dang good, resolving some of the annoying issues like rubber banding and there was one where people would become invisible on mounts (I never saw it so I couldn't report it, just saw it in discord) would put the game in a state where I would easily recommend it to friends to try as an "Early Access" game as steam puts it :smile:

Keep up the great work and keep doing what you're doing because it's working wonderfully!
  • TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Absolutely amazing work. Great start for a game, great community outreach, the absolute best ideologies surrounding payment models. Can't wait to see what's in store for the future.
  • Chilly OGChilly OG Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    YES... while this is for the Dev's we shall not forget it takes a whole team to make it great.
    Moderators
    Marketers
    Developers
    Visionaries
    Players too!

Thanks to the Ashes of Creation community and for sure sending a shout out to you Toast and Maggie!!!
    r9L9b6I.png
    Chilly's Tavern Discord Link
    Keep calm Chilly & obviously just laugh!
  • CreamdreamerCreamdreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Devs - I can't thank you enough for putting such blood, sweat and tears into the development of such a stellar experience. I had a true sense of joy and wonder when I stumbled across my first settlement area, wondering what it could look like once the node advances. I absolutely creamed my jeans when I returned later to see the node advanced and looked just absolutely beautiful.

I had so much fun in the alpha. I am kicking myself for only really diving deep and playing today and not giving the game my entire weekend! I found myself able to find a groove in the game and was absolutely shocked at how much I found to do and achieve with such little there is to do in the game at this stage. I am thrilled to be a part of the development process, no matter how small it may be, as I have complete faith in you guys to bring me (and the rest of the MMO community) the game we have been waiting for; and quite frankly, deserve. Its a good feeling being even a small part of that!

Keep up the incredible work! Looking forward to giving up my entire weekend (or week... :wink:) for the next test!
  • GreenshawGreenshaw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Got to try it for the first time this weekend and it was an absolute joy. Thank you so much for the time you have put into making this game for us. I maxxed out the cleric class and am greatly looking forward to the other iterations of healer!
  • MagnusbaineMagnusbaine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just want to say thank you very much for all of your patience and badassery. I cannot stress enough how refreshing it was to play this game. Even throughout the bugs everything was engaging and will be so much fun in the future. Only suggestions I have are possible area of effect looting or a quality of life pet to pick them up for you that we can quest for. While the idea of clicking each body is awesome the first couple hundred times it does get monotonous while grinding for levels/node xp. Otherwise everything I experienced was awesome and the world was beautiful. Thank you to the entire dev team for doing amazing work!
  • maltorymaltory Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To the Glorious Dev Team,
    I think I speak for everyone when I say what a wonderful test. The turn around on game breaking issues and the ways to make sure that not only did we get to enjoy it, but the fact that we were so included in the testing of the game and kept in the loop on what was going on was enjoyable. I have never been part of an alpha that took the time to try to fix things during the alpha as quickly as you all did. The best part is that you can see the amount of love, sweat, determination, and (probably) tears that you all poured into the game so far. I know it has been a long road, with a lot of doubters along the way, but you proved them all wrong this weekend. I can not wait to see what else The Glorious Dev Team has in store for us Adventurers! Onward to Verra!
  • wrathlordwrathlord Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    After experiencing this game I eventually understood, because of the concepts and they way the entire game comes together, this game is on a whole nother level of the MMORPG experience. Their is nothing like this, its truly epic. Riding my horse through this beautiful world I realized are we are finally about to get the MMORPG the world deserves.
  • MalikenMaliken Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I love that you folks seem very approachable, especially you Steven. Keep up the great work. See you in tbc classic ;)