Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs

Comments

• LucyusILucyusI Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for the experience! It was amazing! Keep it up! You're all doing an amazing job! Worth staying up 3 nights in a row for the test! Totally worth it! Will do it again!
  • VhaulkarVhaulkar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is my first time testing this great project of a game. I wanted to personally thank all of you for all the hard work you have been putting into the game. It has been a while since I have "walked" into a World and honestly wanted to look around and explore and genuinely be interested by the scenery around me. I have been in many Alpha's before (real ones) and I can genuinely say I am loving the progress being shown so far, yes there are bugs and other issues but I can see the hard work being put into fixing them.. and the genuine care for the game by the whole team.

I hope that when the NDA is dropped and the "general public" get a view of the game their comments (because lets face it a lot of gamers, especially the younger ones can be a highly toxic bunch) will not dishearten this great team of developers and that you understand your work and dedication is far above the inane and stupid comments of a bunch of children.

Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this game and I am sure I am not alone in saying this.. we will do what we can to help you bring this beautiful world to life.
    qsmo5ftzc2at.gif
  • SaphyGamingSaphyGaming Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for this amazing job you are doing. You just notice how much passion you have behind this great game. Thanks for this MMORPG <3 🙌⚔
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Reserved
    [img][/img]
  • ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So let me start off by saying. Hats flipping off for all of ya'll. I recently went back to view the gameplay from late 2017 and 2018. The amount of improvement across the board has been incredible. The world, only 17% at that. Felt HUGE. The vista's, the nodes, the secrets and dungeons. The little touches here and there like the Fog in the ruins. JUST INCREDIBLE!

You guys are setting the bar for what an MMORPG SHOULD be. Not some empty shell with a pay to skip option and daily quests coming out of the wazoo.

But an adventure.

I can't wait to call Verra my home. You guys are doing amazing work. I know once the NDA lifts not everyone will like it because it is rough. But a lot of polish makes a diamond. Strive to be that diamond in the rough!
    I've seen the spark, now you just gotta light the fuse (not like deathwing, don't destroy the world before it's built)

Keep up the amazing work intrepid! You guys are what every other MMORPG studio should strive to become.
    Signature-management.gif
  • D3ATHSPARKD3ATHSPARK Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've participated in A LOT of beta and alpha test over the years. My age would show if I went into detail, but let's just say I have a lot of experience testing. For an Alpha this game is in amazing shape. I've never seen an Alpha look this good. I wouldn't worry too much about being afraid to show this game off in it's current state.

Thank you for an amazing weekend. Steven, Margret, and Toast thank you for the constant communication throughout the weekend and solving issues so quickly! I also want to shoutout the artists who worked on this game. The world is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!! Between the gorgeous world and the music it was easy to get immersed quickly. Thank you for all your hard work so far Intrepid Team! <3
    ForumsBanner.png

• KhytaiKhytai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I had not one single crash the whole weekend. What? This is alpha, right? Kudos to the team for the fine work!
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I appreciate all the work that @intrepid does. I feel that you are very hard at work. Especially While we are testing. Bugs are being found, addressed immediately. Fixing rubberbanding in a day, community mods having there eyes and ears open everywhere.. Cudo's guys! Keep it up!!
  • chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid: Thank you all for you hard work this past year. You soon will be in a community environment again and all of the hardship of seclusion will be in the past. To the Devs, thank you for your hard work in getting this test fixed/ sorted as soon as you could, it is a lot of work to run things live and do hotfixes in real time. We appreciate everything you do! To Maggie and Toast (and the mods) Thank you for working hard this last weekend with answering questions, keeping the nda in mind and updating people. We know weekends are supposed to be a time of rest but we appreciate you giving us your weekend to play test. Steven: Thank you for keeping the community in mind, as well as informed. The push back is welcomed and your reasoning was sound. I know it is hard to have to do, but I know that in the end, it is better to have the staff set up at the new office ready to go while our friends prepare to join us after enjoying an new expansion or two haha.

To the rest of the testers: Good job guys, welcome to the newbies, and lets test the heck out of some Ashes!
  • RazelthethirdRazelthethird Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for the opportunity to share your hard work.
    The graphics are amazing
    Overall..... you're on the right path, keep up the great work.
    Thank you for caring about the community and their feedback.
    Please remember to test everything and get feedback from players before making something live
    so you don't end up like other games...
    Its great to see a game that has actual content in it.
    Please don't turn it into a grinding time sink with broken unwanted systems.
    the quests need some work as that is the first things that new players will see.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template-RAZELTHETHIRD.png
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I had a wonderful weekend exploring the world you are developing. Thank you!!
  • BakalulaBakalula Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You made great beginning of an new game and i am glad i can help. Seya soon.
  • ApogeeOrbitalApogeeOrbital Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    AoC Team,

Really appreciate the opportunity to experience the world as it becomes what you guys envision it to be. As it is, you are definitely proving it is within your grasp. Thanks for taking all of our inputs on the forums and in the twittersphere. Looking forward to much much more.

Regards,

Apogee Orbital :)
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Was a great weekend.

The environment was impressive looking. The clipping range was outstanding. Combat felt smooth and makes me look forward to the ideas you guys have for the missing classes. The rubber banding was the real frustration of the weekend but it appeared that you guys got it mostly under control by Sunday. I enjoyed the opportunity to see how far the game has progressed and look forward to the next test.

Thank you
  • FlukzFlukz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As a software engineer I just wanna say I am thoroughly impressed with the state of the multiplayer in alpha I know how difficult it can be to get a great multiplayer system in unreal engine.

Excellent job, keep it up!
  • MissnlinkMissnlink Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Definitely the right decision to delay the NDA, first of all. The performance issues would have given the wrong impression to viewers that don't understand Alpha's as well. The difference playing on Friday versus playing on Sunday was a massive difference to me so great job on addressing things quickly.

I am very much looking forward to the combat revamp because that has always been important for me. I personally judge a game within minutes based on how good it feels and how responsive the abilities and movement keys are. Right now, the game is not there yet but I am sure once the performance issues and combat revamp are complete that it will feel much better.

The game itself looks great. I was getting a little bit of screen tearing at times but the game is gorgeous. Besides the normal alpha bugs and whatnot, I was pleased with the look of the game.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to continuing to push the testing through until the finish line.
  • ThordinThordin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I cant tell you the level of hapiness I had getting to test this game! The work you all have put into this game made me feel something I havent felt when playing a MMO in a long time. The last time I felt like this was when I was in high school playing Guild Wars 1. The combat and the overall world jsut felt like something I will love to get lost in and explore with friends. This project is absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to test more. I am so happy to be a part of this experience and I am truly looking forward to seeing what you push out with later tests. Even though it was only 3 days of testing, it has made me the happiest I have been playing a MMO in a very long time!

I wish you all the best, stay safe, and continue to push out this amazing game! I will be there testing and playing every chance I get!
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    Haven't test or played Intrepid / Ashes content since Apoc. I have to say.... what incredible progress! It shows how hard the intrepid team has been working and the great leadership of Steven.

The animation, terrain, graphics, and world-building have made huge leaps.

I have been actively following and watch the monthly videos and this intrepid community and environment have been giving hope to the MMO community to myself included. So thank you!!! Keep up the hard work!!

Bring back the MMO community from the ashes to be reborn with a firey spirit for the MMO genre.
  • p4ndepravityp4ndepravity Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    what a fantastic experience. everyone in my guild and the guild that we met and eventually partnered with all had a great time. thank you for all your hard work and dedication. i am extremely excited to see where the game goes in the future.
    guild: EMBER
    main toon: feral
    server: tbd
  • Awesome work so far! Love the perfect fitting fantasy u created. Looking forward for futher testing and the endproduct <3 keep going glorious Inteprid - Team
  • SivienSivien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To the Dev Team,
    I wanted to say thank you all for the amazing piece of art you have created for us (and you lets be real, haha). I just wanted to say thank you for working hard and the sleepless nights. We truly appreciate all your hard work and are soooo looking forward to this game.
    Thank you again!
  • PeyPitesPeyPites Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    During the first day of testing (14th of may) Steven created new servers. On these servers, there was a big melee for about an hour or two. Me and two guildies try-harded trying to murder as many purples as possible. This little fight was probably the most fun I've had in an MMO for years. Thank you for giving me hope in the MMO genre again.
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    when all the bugs are fixed, will we miss them? will we yearn for the good old buggy days?
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for the summons on Kal for the raid and pvp.
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • SilvormaneSilvormane Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have been gaming since EQ and have seen many games come and go. What I saw over this weekend was a lot of hard work put into the game that once finished will set a new standard for the industry.

Many games would try and release with the product you already have and that would be a death sentence. Keep up the amazing work and you will have created a piece of work that everyone involved in will be extremely proud of.

To everyone at the studio thank you for restoring hope to a tired old gamer.
  • EgregiousEgregious Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    keep it up! great work
  • NillyTheKidNillyTheKid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This game, even in this very early stage, already felt like such a fresh experience. I cant wait to see it grow into probably my new main game
  • WunaWuna Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The sheer amount of work involved just combing through all of the bug reports, and managing the alpha tests alone (nevermind working on the rest of the game) is just immense.
    Very proud of the team, you all do amazing work and look forward to the future of Ashes.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Huge props to the Networking team. 2 months ago the servers were crashing with just a couple of hundred people, but this weekend the servers held up really well with some of the servers hitting near 1000 people.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • KatazKataz Member, Intrepid Pack
    To everyone working on Ashes, know that we notice your hard work! The improvements that have happened since Alpha testing started are outstanding! The player-base appreciates your hard work!

Extra shoutout to the Networking team! Massive server improvements!