Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs

Comments

• sacrificialyoshisacrificialyoshi Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I enjoyed this pre-alpha. It was nice to see the game progressing from where it was and see the work the team has put into it. Thanks!
  • gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Upsides: Beautiful world, a feeling of boundless potential, lovely background music, fun interactions and group content, beautiful mounts, smooth animations, the nodes, and the dev team being very open to communications.

Downsides: framerate drops, rubberbanding, clunky combat, difficulty controlling the camera.

Overall: very enjoyable, needs a lot of work, but definitely has the potential to become one of the "Greats" in the MMO industry.
  • FlysFlys Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hey folks , i feel very grateful to be part of your aplha community. it was my first visit to Verra this weekend. I have to play a total of 8-10 hours. If I hadn't come from Europe, it would have been significantly more due to the time difference. lol The AoC community is wonderful. I have to say what you are building is an amazing project with so much potential. I look forward to being part of the development with upcoming tests. I'm particularly looking forward to your combat revamp because the combatsystem and the movement in general still feel very clunky. The camera work also needs some optimization but i dont think its bad at all. For a pre-alpha, surprisingly, very good! Ashes absolutely convinced me in the pre alpha with its breathtaking world that it already has to offer. In the caves and entrances to the dungeons I couldn't stop being amazed. Thank you for this wonderful experience. Greetings to the whole team. Keep it up! o:)
  • AshlynmaeAshlynmae Member, Intrepid Pack
    The graphics and quest creation team are doing an AMAZING job!! The beginner quest that takes you into the large cave was done SUPER well. It was not your ordinary 'go fetch' quest. First, the conversation the player has with the NPC at the mouth of the cave is very entertaining and funny. She is quite sassy! Next, in order to find the flowers you had to really explore the large cavern and climb/drop down/jump into places that were very creative and fun to perform! And all along the way, their were huge beautiful glowing crystals to light your way and monsters to fight that were a good challenge to navigate through for the beginner experience. All of it was very very engaging. BRAVO! It is clear that bringing the player INTO the role of an adventurer is at the top of your list. Lastly, don't pick the sixth flower!!
  • CyberKillerCyberKiller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aloha,

My hats off to all of you for making a game for gamers. Graphics are amazing especially the beach and waves coming up on the shore. It is clear that the staff cares about the community. Shutting down the servers and quickly attacking the rubber banding was the right move. Toast deserves a vacation for I don't think she slept the entire weekend. Seemed she was always on line answering questions and giving advise. If I had to write a report on costumer service, I would use Toast as the standard.
  • AshlynmaeAshlynmae Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021
    See above :-)
  • stonedapestonedape Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    big shoutout and thanks to the community managers answering questions on discord! great work overall!
  • SaldrynSaldryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    for an Alpha this was a great experience. The network performance needs a bit of work, but this is expected at this stage. Great Job!
  • VolgaloveVolgalove Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Testing felt similar to the previous only because of the rubber banding. Didn't think we would experience that this time. Hope there is a permanent fix for this on future builds as I'm sure y'all do as well. :)

As for the rest of the test, it was quite enjoyable. The world is just beautiful and the different biomes are magnificent. I've never been a part of an alpha before so I cannot say the whole "from previous experiences", but I'm enjoying the combat even at this simple version and I feel the future holds good things for this combat system. Basically everything at this stage feels amazing to me. I wonder if this is the best alpha experience that a girl could ask for!

Keep up the amazing work and looking forward to the next test!

Love,
    Volga <3
    bMXC7ir.png
  • StormbornEyeEricStormbornEyeEric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Getting to see our node level from a plot of nothing to a town with walls and houses was such a cool feeling I’ve never experienced in an MMO before.

Thanks for all your efforts. It’s hard to feel accomplished when all you are hearing for three days is all negatives and bug reports (for a reason, obviously that’s the point of alpha 1, but it can still make people feel unappreciated)

We appreciate the hell out of every single one of you over at the studio. Keep killin’ it and I can’t wait to enjoy the ride.
    7q5mrfmz4rng.png
  • GwarGwar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's to come!
  • wetwet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you all so much for all of your efforts!

It was a pleasure to take part in this weekend's testing.

It has been quite some time since I've played a game that has given me that coveted feeling of adventure, discovery, and wonder...and the AoC pre-alpha test delivered! It was so cool to encounter other players and quest, kill mobs, or just explore together. This combined with the node system gives AoC a very unique, "living world" feeling that many other games have tried to pull off.

I am very exciting to see AoC progress further, and I will be happy to be there to help test along the way!

Great work & keep it up :smile:

• ademaadema Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    wonderful job so far. Would have been a miracle if it went smoother so don't worry :D
    All in all I'm looking forward and am very happy of the games state so far.
  • DracusDracus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good job. Don't lose this rhythm. I am amazed by the progress and response during this past weekend. I was honestly expecting a crash fest and unplayable mess as you would expect at this early stages of development.

Keep up the good work and don't lose the momentum. Before you know it you will be opening that champers.
  • FlemFlem Member, Alpha One
    As a first time tester it was very surprising and awesome to see the improvements made on a day to day basis. Thank you all so much for your hard work. A lot of us clearly had fun this weekend. Much love!
  • FrassleFrassle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Awesome job everyone! I'm very grateful to be a part of the testing for the team. I also really appreciate just how much Intrepid makes myself and the other testers feel a part of the game creation experience. After watching all the monthly updates over the past year it was truly special to be able to get in help test out various systems. Ya'll are doing an incredible job with creating such an inclusive environment, keep up the great work!
  • TongasaurTongasaur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For me the most amazing part of the beta was being able to chase down some dragons with Steven! I love how involved he is with the community. As someone who has played a majority of the mmos out and have more hours in them than id care to admit, I feel as if in this game your voice will not go unheard. I also had quite a few questions and LieutenantToast answered all of them completely and within 1 minute each time, amazing because it saved us so much time in game. The first day of testing had severe rubberbanding and was not able to do much testing. Still on day 1 a new server rolled out with the hopes of being less laggy and less rubberbanding, once on that realm I was running smoothly until shut down. Day 2 went a lot more smoothly, with only brief periods of rubberbanding. Day 3 the same as day 2, with not much lag. Crashed numerous times attempting to craft an iron wand after gathering the materials. Definitely looking forward to the next test. Thanks for the great gameplay.
  • pcolaspikepcolaspike Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've been involved with Ashes of Creation since Kickstarter. All of your hard work is obvious with every testing cycle. Keep up the great job!
  • SharkbaitSharkbait Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    After many years in alphas and beta keys in many mmos I’m rather happy what I seen, amazing work to all the hard workers on this game, only wish Steven did not toss my body under the map I would of had more test time ;) , can’t wait to test and see what else more you have to show us. I hope all the fees back you got from me and other players give you any thoughts what we all like to see that follows your Image of the game, keep up the amazing work and see you all next testing date
  • YeXiuYeXiu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You wanted to have feedback for bugs etc. for the preview week, but many other things caught my attention.
    Positive: The world was very beautifully designed (mountains/volcano).
    Most of the creatures were created with a lot of love.
    The water had a natural look.
    The houses and ruins were rich in detail and visually very appealing.
    Armour was very detailed and appropriate for the respective class.

Negative: The world seemed like a game box and looked disorganised as far as life in it was concerned. (This may be due to the alpha or alpha island). This applies to creatures, bandits, living beings and nature itself.
    When standing still in deeper water, you got the feeling that you were swimming on the surface.
    The server ran quite well at the beginning, but later on I had to struggle with bigger problems.
    -I often fell from different heights although I was supposed to be on the ground (caused by jumping from a mountain during the jump).
    -monsters moved abnormally ( did not attack or got an increased range when attacking )

This is just my own opinion.
  • TruthfoolTruthfool Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    thks for all the hard work
    I had a ton of fun testing and I hope we gave you good feedback
    :)
    best regards
    T.
    Eldritch Harbingers
    We follow the truth of the True gods, wherever she leads us
  • DyzeDyze Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have literally no concept of what goes into developing a game, let alone an MMO, but after checking out the Alpha this weekend my mind is blown. I know that it's still incredibly early and the final game will likely look incredibly different, but I already can tell the game has the seeds of greatness in it. You guys have a long way to go and I wish you all the best with what's to come, because I'm sure it's formidable, but I've never been happier to part with $500 to support the incredible mission your whole team has gotten behind. Thank you for bringing me some nuggets of joy this weekend, no matter how unpolished!
  • SofaSoftSofaSoft Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for your hardwork and dedication to creating the best game that you can. I believe that no matter how the game is received at launch, the real success is in striving for a true vision in this decade of MMOs and bringing back the hope lost over the years.
    Your spirit is refreshing. It's nice to see authenticity in gaming again. Thank you to everyone contributing to this journey and allowing us to take part!
    <3
    SofaSoft_Transparent.png
  • KaitauKaitau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you all for your hard work! I appreciate everyone putting in the time to make this process nice and smooth. Excited to see the game in a year or two.
  • Ostarian NordwulfOstarian Nordwulf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wonderful job all! Very beautiful world you are creating. Pleasantly surprised with how everything was working for an early A1. Keep up the awesome work! Very much looking forward to seeing this come together and more trips to Verra! B)
  • NephinNephin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Creating worlds is hard.

Creating worlds that immerse people is even harder.

All of you at Intrepid managed to do this, although your game is not even in it's real Alpha phase yet. The idea that formed Verra, the skill and talent of every member of the team making this idea a reality, the continuous hard and awesome work you all put into the project reflects on us when we log in and are excited to try out everything the game has, and will have in the future, or just walk under the trees, sunshine sparkling through the leaves, the river flowing beside us and we are simply in awe... feels like we really ARE in Verra.

Will there be hickups, bugs, or decisions not every player likes? Of course. Still - Verra is alive, Verra will grow, Verra will thrive and I think most of us simply cannot wait to spend our time there whenever we like.

Thank you, Intrepid! <3
  • ZarsZars Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Too much time without the hype of play 1 game... i will wait the next test like a kid with a new toy.

The support team solved my problem with discord. And the marketing of AOC it´s wonderfull.

Keep the good way , the community will support the game.
  • Nokia RokiaNokia Rokia Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    The Testing was awesome and I had a legit blast I'm looking forward to future testing rawr
  • Lailesh1Lailesh1 Moderator, Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the hard work, i like your idea, and what i saw for this first days was really gread. Iam really interessting how it get better and better
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I had an amazing time! The community your building is amazing and so is your game. Your vision is not easy and it is incredible to see all the work you have done. Keep up the great work and remember it will be ready when it is ready. You guys can do it.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.