Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs

Comments

• GrizznifGrizznif Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks to the entire staff at Intrepid for letting us test this weekend. The project so far is aesthetically beautiful and there were SO many times I had to stop for a few seconds to take in the sights. One of the things I loved most about this weekend was the scale of the game. Entering that cave for the first time I was awestruck because of how small I felt. And also exceptional communication in the discord when any problems arose, that goes farther than you know. I really appreciate you all deciding to be so transparent with the community about things like that. Looking forward to all the future tests and allowing you all to make the game what we know you can make!
  • BlackSails RoonBlackSails Roon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have been in a few Alpha spot tests over the years and I have to say that you guys at Intrepid are killing it. There is absolutely no doubt that the final AOC product will be extraordinary. Saturday Steven announced that the team found the problem for the rubber banding. Log in for Sunday testing and it was fixed. Amazing work. Thank you for providing another chance to hop into the Alpha phase. Looking forward to see what comes next.
    Black-sails-Roon.gif
  • Jae BarloweJae Barlowe Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Every bit of testing and communication felt filled with genuine passion. Thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to see what the future brings!
  • WembleyWembley Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's only 1 way to put it. Intrepid is CRUSHING IT. Bravo to the whole team on your amazing progress thus far. Keep up the fantastic work and we'll enjoy the ride as the MMORPG genre rises from the Ashes.... of Creation.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have been a part of many Alphas, Betas, and Early Access games before. This one stands out as one of the best I have been a part of. Seeing the node system was inspiring. I am excited about MMOs again. Good Job Devs!
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • SilvervaleSilvervale Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you so much for this amazing game. This Alpha has been such an enjoyable experience and you're all so quick to improve the testing experience and it's easy to see how much passion you put into making this game perfect. The concepts for this game are so refreshing and it's inspiring to see all the improvements being made every testing phase. The transparency and communication from all of the staff is deeply appreciated, and it's been an honor being a small part of making this wonderful game possible. I'm blown away at just how smooth and gorgeous the game is even in such early development. You're all doing absolutely phenomenal. Thank you for finally giving us the MMO we've all been waiting for. 💕
  • Tierna_IomlanTierna_Iomlan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I haven't posted here at all yet before, so this will be my first post.

i did not get to see or participate much in the alpha due to work this weekend; however i followed the discords updates and wanted to express my sincere appreciation to both Steven and Margaret- for there open transparency with everyone and keeping us both informed and updated as things moved along instead of keeping us in the dark like many other development teams seem to do.

i also wanted to express my appreciation to the rest of the development team for timely updates, and the beautiful (even if unpolished) state of the game. the depth and scope of it even as it is now, is imeasurable, and the time, effort, and love you have put into it showed through.

so once more, thank you all, from the bottom of my heart for this glimpse into what im certain will be a very beautiful game.
  • graudenzograudenzo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Really impressed and appreciative of you guys. I know the stress of trying to get server issues fixed in a short time frame and I can only imagine what its like when you have people who are anxious to get in and test. Everybody really put in the work over the weekend. 8 - 11 hour tests while implementing fixes and then, I'm sure, extra dev work outside those hours.

The game itself already feels great and far surpassed anything I would've expected at this point. Even at such an early point, the game feels like a world of its own. Also, you guys do a great job with responsiveness, communication, and interaction. This honestly makes testing so much more enjoyable because I know the feedback is being listened to and is worthwhile. I really appreciate you guys and all the work and care you are putting into the game.

Thanks again
    - Graud
  • 3bugs3bugs Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you Devs for your hard work. You are great and you are making many people very happy with what you create.
    You are all "OVER 9000!"
    Why should I apologize for being a monster? has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one ? By Suzuya Juuzou
    CM-New-Sig-PSD.png
  • zedthoughzedthough Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Glorious Intrepid Dev Team. Y'all were amazing. The fire of passion for the project increased a hundred fold and I'm so very excited for the future being built.

Much love from the resident Wizard Frog.
  • VirapVirap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks Devs you guys are amazing!
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    amazing work. Great start for a game , HATE the spiders
  • Wears PajamasWears Pajamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great job this has been the best alpha i have had the pleasure of taking part in. Great to know that we are in good hands regardless of what some of the non-testers have been saying. This alpha has been more polished then any alpha i have been in, just goes to show that the Devs are hard at work and Steven is really putting in the 10/10 work. Thanks for the experience and looking forward to the future adventures !
  • HerejeHereje Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I believe in MMO's again.
    Good Job guys, you are in the right way!!
  • ZatiricallZatiricall Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Loved every minute of the testing. At first I imagined it would be in a way worse state than what it actually is. This team has dedication to deliver a strong and novel MMO unlike most of them out there already. They do this explicitly and subtly in all shapes and forms. I can't wait to see the overall progression of the game in the development phases and watch this grow into an amazing MMO.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Two thumbs UP! Great job, it was a blast....keep up the steady march towards a wonderful end product.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for lifting the Verbal NDA. The Forums have been very slow all weekend and the A1 Testers were missed but obviously our A1 Testers had duties to perform elsewhere. Not blaming anyone, just stating the facts. Thanks again :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • ZekethephoenixZekethephoenix Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey Steven and Jeff and all the rest of you devs at Intrepid! I just wanted to share how much I enjoyed this weekend's test and share a few things I liked and disliked so my voice is heard as much as anyone else's.

So first off I loved how massive the world felt! Great world design! I loved being able to go pretty much anywhere I could see with no barriers.

Some of the more complex quests that incentivized grouping with random people walking by like Cave Survey with finding the soldiers and the nightbloom in the cave with the tons of monsters was a great experience that felt just like old school MMOs and should be the gold standard for other quests. *albeit I missed private zemez's bones and had to search the dungeon like 3 times with the guy I grouped with but we laughed it off.*

The combat has improved but is still my biggest gripe. The action combat just always feels like its fighting with the tab combat. I'm always having to switch between to do different things. Being in action combat caused me to accidentally get flagged on people a number of times because of how targeting works in action mode. In tab spamming Q is also the most annoying key to spam btw. When I tried healing I was forced out of action when partied up because of how inconsistent it was to try healing specific people.

I'm not a huge fan of every class using the same combat resource. I'm hoping it's temporary? Running out of mana as a melee class is just painful. And the recovery time between pulls without any form of recovery ability or food or something was painful to deal with.

I'm sure many things are placeholder I'm just trying to state where I currently stand.

The current mob density and difficulty is a bit odd. I feel like right now everything is at an equal difficulty and all pretty much by itself. Even when going to the level 15 area the mobs being grouped they didn't feel alive. Maybe they need more density but less strength? I'm not sure the answer. Something just felt weird about 1 mob at a time. Like a relic of an age long past we've improved on. Like tab combat.

I think the current combat actually was what made the raid bosses impossible to fight because the threat was jumping between like 100 tanks because there's no hard taunts. So the bosses need to have a behavior that starts a fight but has some way of not getting confused when 300 people attack it. Removing its ability to use its mechanics.

I enjoyed what progress has been made. I hope you are all proud of how much you've accomplished and are also prepared die the road ahead! I'll be there with ya!
  • GizooderGizooder Member, Alpha One
    Thoroughly enjoyed my Test time, can't wait to get back in and see what else we can break haha. Thank you for creating this game and to all the Dev's keep up the outstanding work, especially in such a crazy time we are in! God Speed to you all! Hi Steven :p
    rEJWWpy.png
    Ravenhood
  • WhiteHartWhiteHart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was floored. The amount of work you did this weekend and the stepping up and fixing issues as they happened was amazing. The game felt more solid stable and responsive than many release products out then at the end of Sunday.

I played on Kal so I got to be in the big dragon event at the end "For Narnia!!!" Steven you where a trip! I loved it... 100's of people and spells and a HUGE Dragon and a FPS in the 50's!!!!! AMAZING

I found myself remembering the first times I played EQ1 and DAOC. You captured that feel and wonder of those milestone games and I was just a enthralled testing what you laid before us as I was stepping into those competed worlds.

I am so excited to see what happens next! This game is going to define what games can be when they are done right.

THANK YOU for an amazing weekend.
  • LethalityLethality Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Amazing work getting that much done, that good, that quickly.

It was easy to tell not just the hard work, but the selfless passion that went into what we experienced this weekend.

We're well on the way to the game we all dream of, and you all are making it possible!
    World Class Indoorsman
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You guys did great! It was awesome to get the chance to explore about searching for things to report, and also get to take time in such a beautiful world, appreciating all the little hidden gems, gives me such hope for the future phases and the eventual release! Thanks for all your hard work, and the extra effort to make the event memorable and fun!
  • iznebulaiznebula Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    To the Glorious Ashes Team,
    Thank you so much for your hard work. I can tell you're just as passionate as Steven is with this project and that really shows in your level of dedication. Your turn around on the server issues and your around the clock support has been phenomenal. Please keep doing what you do and continue to be the best Team that I know you are. Also special thanks to the quest designers, the quest right at the entrance to the cave was just a treat (if you read through the dialogue), once I saw what could happen, it blew my mind. I hope to see more like that one on release :)
  • kadriankadrian Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You guys are awesome. I could sit and imagine everyone scrambling on Friday to get things going and delays, I know how NO ONE wants to delay anything unless it is necessary. Everyone rocked the situation with patience and determination. The communication was clear and consistent. Couldn't have asked for more from a dev team. Keep it up, can't wait to see where your creativity will take us.
    Thanks for all that you do!
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to add a huge shout out to all the developers! Please keep up all the wonderful work you are doing.
    Just testing the pre-Alpha is better than other released games! There are not enough words to say how amazing the world looks! If nothing else, that is enough to keep me hooked! We watch and are amazed at how quickly you can reiterate and improve each time we test.
    Please do not stop, and keep on building the most wonderful world that is Verra!
    @StevenSharif, thank you for having the vision and the guts to jump in and make this amazing game!
  • Hey there everyone! My name is Kory Rice and I am a Jr. Technical Designer here at Intrepid!

It was so much fun spending time in Verra with all of you over the weekend! I can't stress enough how lucky I feel and appreciative I am of each and every one of you. To see all of you invest your time and effort into making Ashes come to life just as I have for the last few years of my life is all the motivation I will ever need. I am so proud to be apart of this community and so grateful for your feedback. We are making something amazing together!

I hope you all had a wonderful time and can't wait to see you all out there in the next test.

Much love!
    design.gif
  • ExcalamerExcalamer Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Ashes Team & Community,

It was a fun and eventful alpha preview test we all recently embarked on this weekend and you all are killing it with the tremendous work/accomplishments the devs and community are striving towards creating AoC. l want to salute you all testers and devs. Keep up the amazing work as we all march towards 1.0v (Gold build) of AoC!!

Stay Glorious & Safe EVERYONE! o7 <3
    lIcM1r2.png
  • SKullknightSKullknight Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sorcerer!!!!! Great game man, looking forward to seeing all the pvp content in this game. We believe in your vision! Keep up the great work! Cheers!
  • KearnKearn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Super smooth alpha, loved the way you guys quickly identified issues and were able to make things run smoother each day that went by.
  • boilintxboilintx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Apologies for being a little late to this party. I wanted to give a big thanks to the entire Intrepid team, especially the Devs. Without your hard work and dedication we would not have had the opportunity to experience what will become Ashes of Creation.
    Thank you for your long hours and quick solutions to the issues that popped up over the course of this weekend.
    I cannot wait to see the next you will bring to life.
    Thanks and get some sleep. You have definitely earned it.