Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild Gathering #4 - Team Building

edited June 2021 in General Discussion
gg_team_building_1920.gif

Glorious Ashes community - we're excited to continue our new series called Guild Gatherings! Guild Gathering topics are a "reverse Q&A" similar to our Dev Discussions, where we ask you about your thoughts on everything related to guilds.

Our team has compiled a list of questions we'd love to get your feedback on regarding guild tools, gameplay, your previous experiences, and more. Join in on our Guild Gatherings and share how your gaming family is special to you!

Guild Gathering #4 - Team Building
What kinds of activities do you like to participate in with your guild outside of the game?

Keep an eye out for our next Guild Gathering topic regarding your fondest guild memory!

Greetings again everyone - thanks so much for taking the time to chime in on this topic! After gathering up your feedback for our team, check out some of the top notes you shared with us below:
  • Many highlighted that they watched TV/movies or played other games together
  • Others noted that they enjoyed theory-crafting with their guildmates
  • A few detailed how they met up IRL for bonding sessions
  • To some, the best form of team building is meme building

We're excited to see what you share in our fondest guild memory topic!
community_management.gif

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We like to post foreign songs from different countries. We like to discuss the future plans before we take them on. We get enthusiastic for theory crafting and we love fresh challenges.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NegnelfiNegnelfi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most out of game stuff involving the guild is usually still game related. From theory crafting to roster discussions, recruitment discussions, raid planning etc. Occasional get togethers to play different games and of course a discord channel full of pet pictures.
  • Negnelfi wrote: »
    Most out of game stuff involving the guild is usually still game related. From theory crafting to roster discussions, recruitment discussions, raid planning etc. Occasional get togethers to play different games and of course a discord channel full of pet pictures.

Same here, we are mainly just planning on what to do once we get enough people with access to the game on what we are wanting to do. We have a few players with Alpha One access and now that the NDA is lifted, basically doing Q&A's for us.
    Besides that, we usually just talk about our day to day lives and just keep the server active. We are planning on doing movie nights later, doing contests and events within the guild discord, and have our own ranking system within the guild and a order system to show what parts of the game we are wanting to main in.
  • MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Guild Planning
    -Strategizing/preparing our future for success within Ashes of Creation
    -Educating our players about how the world of Verra works
    -Growing our guild/recruitment/social media/spreadsheets
    -Training our officers for their roles

Guild Activities
    -Watching the Black Sails TV Show weekly on livestream together
    -Playing other games to bond
    -Talk about cryptocurrencies (BTC, ADA, DOGE, SHIB, etc)
    -Talk about building computers and buying parts to be "AoC Ready"
    -Discuss guild meet-ups
  • We have done charity events in the past such as Extra Life and Operation Supply Drop. We like to also play party games like Jackbox and Among Us from time to time!
  • PerkFGCPerkFGC Member
    my group likes to get together a couple times a year for food/tabletop games/hangout together. Online we're always in chat sometimes while we work, or even to watch shows :D
  • PurecpuPurecpu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Watching anime together is enjoyable. Same with dicussing patch notes for future games or theorizing different things for games.
  • FinxalFinxal Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    WOOD?
  • KoopasuKoopasu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    WOOD ? watching wood grow ? any guild down for it ?
  • VirapVirap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    WOOD?!
  • StretchStretch Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Watching things together or we play fun casual games like skribbl io or just chill in voice chatting about anything really.
  • YoumaycallmeVYoumaycallmeV Member, Intrepid Pack
    Game and movie nights are fun, the leadership has done a fantastic job of coming up with new events for people to participate in. Other than that I just like having people to game with, there is usually at least one person who plays a game that I'm interested in.
    V.png
  • We enjoy game nights playing different games while waiting for Ashes. Tournaments are also included (currently running a Civilization 5 game).

Movie nights! Music events! Meme events! And a lot more!

Two D&D campaigns are currently active in the guild! You can watch us on our Twitch Channel!

Watching the monthly streams in discord together, so we can enjoy the new features, hype together, give feedback and open debates.

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Beating other guild mates in games and making them bow to my gaming might that or just watching a film together :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • We also bond by sharing yummy food pictures as well. That is the power of barbecue and other delicious food.
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Beating other guild mates in games and making them bow to my gaming might that or just watching a film together :D

Well "beating"... You may have won a battle but not the war. (Not yet at least) :#
  • KabanKaban Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well these times are long past atm but come what may. Still best memory? Back in old L2 days we would gather at one of my clanmate's place set up several tents in his garden (it was big garden mind you) and went on a drinking spree for a few days, quite often other clans would join us for a day or two including the enemy ones but all the hostilities can be resolved with a pint or seven. Some of these people are still friends and whenever we're around ones' place there's always a warm bed, hot stew and cold drink waiting ;)
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021
    Off topic:

Here is how you dont bond with guild mates:
    "Need 4 dd, 1 healer for X dungeon."
    Dungeon starts. Somebody MAY explain boss mechanics. Otherwise complete silence for 40 minutes. Dungeon ends. People go back to solo questing, or solo crafting to lv up.
    And here is how I was bonding with guildmates back in L2. An open world, pvp mmorpg.

I started playing as a 13yo with another 10 or so boys from my neighbourhood.
    Some of us got invited in guilds and the rest would get invited as well.

We would spend many months, if not a year to reach lv 76 from lv 1. In order to xp we had to group up with our guild mates and spend hours on hunting zones, killing mobs or enemy players.
    During mob killing, we would TALK. Really talk. Not explaining mechanics and then silence. We would actually talk.
    The next day somebody might have not been online. Somebody else from the guild would join. We'd get to meet that person too.
    edited May 2021
    At lv 20, lv 40, lv 52, lv 61, lv 76 we would have to craft new armor set and weapons.
    For lv 20 and 40 that would be a few days of group gameplay. We'd group woth guild members to farm materials in hard areas with good rewards and kill enemy players. We would TALK.

And lv 52, 61 and 76 we'd need to spend 1 month or even two months to get geared up. Guess what, team effort and real time with guild members.

Challenging progress and winning against enemies is the way to bond with ppl online. Not instanced dungeons and battlegrounds.

Visiting inrl guild members had always been fun, even though some times weird. Good way to deepen the sense of belonging.
  • BotBot Member
    Usually watching stuff together like movies, playing games like Cards Against Humanity or Skribblio, or just hanging out talking about whatever like news or a video.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    What kinds of activities do you like to participate in with your guild outside of the game?

We post memes on discord.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    My guild usually hops between several different games. We usually mix up an MMORPG or a survival game (Currently Ark), with an FPS game like Overwatch. Personally trying to steer them away from Blizzard, but majority rule.
  • digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    Social Media, Discord primarily.

It would be novel to see an the world of Verra develop it's own social media platform....without breaking immersion. Not sure how or even to what scale (novelty or actual player-player interaction) this would be done. Just a thought, not a suggestion.
  • Chilly OGChilly OG Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chilly's Tavern was born out of Ashes Discord channel now 3 years ago.... The Tavern isn't a guild, rather it is a public community gaming server. All games and All gamers welcome! However, it was born out of Ashes and as such was always meant to be an actual "Tavern" in the game upon release.

I have had a good number of guilds that have sworn to protect the Tavern and am humbled by this since it plays into the original theme of "Come sit and have an ale, tell us about your adventures, and find a safe place to rest your weary soles until you continue your journey"

Now it has grown into more in 3 years..... There are people who want to specifically be blacksmiths or alchemists or bards to entertain at the Tavern as well.... so it is growing into a nice community that will work together in the game also. Add to this that I have asked the guilds who will be on our server to allow us to hire them for caravan protection so we can get and send goods as needed for the Tavern and that too was met with some warm welcome!

So how do we bond at the tavern..... We have karaoke nights, Giveaway contests, Mini-game nights like Cards against Humanity or similar, Dungeon and Dragon campaigns, and just about any online game everyone plays together too. So if anyone shows up at the Tavern - they can find others to play just about any weird game they like also!

I think this is the first time I have seen such a large gathering of gamers that are from varying guilds and backgrounds and places all over the globe able to just enjoy any game and find others to enjoy that game with!

So if you want to enjoy good company too.... Come on over to Chilly's Tavern... do not leave your guild instead bring your friends and enjoy some good laughs and fun and a drink on me!

Chilly.
    r9L9b6I.png
    Chilly's Tavern Discord Link
    Keep calm Chilly & obviously just laugh!
  • MangertMangert Member
    To be honest, only in game stuff. If we are doing stuff out of game, it’s talking about in game stuff. Theorising how we can beat the next boss for raid progression, where something cool is in game u should try out, Tips on making gold. I have been in guilds a lot, and even if we joke around, talk about various stuff, it’s almost always about the game. However I know others in my guilds who play other games together. So they talk about those as well.
  • NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021

Mostly chatting or mini games, but since AoC is not out yet, I have tried different MMOs with my guild. Sadly, as many will understand, there is just no MMOs out there that can hold my attention. Hence why I bought Alpha 1, and in my opinion, it was worth every penny I put into it.

My guild also has meetings, movie nights, question of the day, tabletop nights, and more. I personally just cant make to all of them with my real life schedule and priorities. Wife first, gamer second.
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • My guildmates are an eclectic and welcoming bunch. The memes, artwork, partial life stories and random humor we have shared in Discord paint a mosaic that defies categorization and would probably challenge Lord Cthulhu's sanity. Some members play other games together in short bursts whilst waiting for Ashes.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Getting drunk in Discord and then watching anime or YouTube videos together.
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • Some of us play Genshin Impact together, others play Among Us, still others play Valheim. Almost all post memes.
    E8OOol.gif