Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, May 28, 2021 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Nyxxa wrote: ยป
    What will buying houses in a node that just leveled be like? The first come, first served, doesn't feel good for those out and about giving the node exp when the node levels up.

This is a great question would love to hear insight on this
    TM_Trick_Banner.png
  • EloElo Member
    edited May 2021
    cancelled
  • In a guild alliance you can have up to 4 guilds. How many alliances can you have? Are you able to give your guild alliances names and who in the alliance would get the rights to name it?
  • FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Member, Alpha One
    Hello all, big question here.
    Castle sieges and node sieges will both happen during the server prime time. Since the castle sieges happen on a monthly basis after the first successful siege against the Raid boss defending it. Will castle siege and node siege happen at the same time in the world and if yes, will it be possible to time a node siege approximately at the same time then its region castle siege?

Thank you and have a nice day.
  • PopehPopeh Member
    "Will we have an opportunity, as the community, to make addons and WAs for the game?".
    (asking for a friend~)
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    consider setting up a pvp tag, to play in peace!
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • albinqoalbinqo Member
    How relevant is the leveling going to be compared to the end game? For example am I going to be able to get some loot while leveling that's gonna be relevant to me in the late game? (This is just an example, please explain it the way you want to.) Same question goes for profession leveling. For example am I going to be able to craft relevant gear for myself as I am leveling my character, without, say, excessive farming in higher lvl zones?
  • Chumba WumbaChumba Wumba Member
    edited July 2022
    How well will the game be optimised? Because at the moment the game looks absolutely beautiful, but it looks so good that it makes me think some of the older computers won't be able to run it smoothly, which is obviously going to restrict some players from even wanting to try and buy the game if they can't run it.
    Thank you,
    ChumbaWumba.
  • NiyaNiya Member
    You talked about the impact of weather and season on gameplay. Will the ice be slippery in winter?
  • It was really interesting to see the dragon boss fights and their mechanics in the last stream.

Are you planning on implementing any mechanics which would make boss fights harder (both open world and instanced) and change the loot table?

Guess Iโ€™m thinking of a well known mmo which ensures end game content by making boss fights mechanics difficult to master. While the rest of the content is dull, it does ensure that I continue to log in to play group content with friends and feel that sense of achievement when a boss goes down.

Thanks!
  • With regards to damage types and resistances:
    Will each monster have its own, individually assigned, set of resistances and vulnerabilities or will the game feature specific 'types' with their resistances and vulnerabilities which would then be assigned to each monster?
    I.e., will you do it the D&D way or the Pokรฉmon way?
  • AltiiAltii Member
    edited May 2021
    Are there any planned changes to skill icons/name/animations based on classes/augments we pick for specific skill?

For example if i'm playing Cleric + Summoner (Shaman) casting flashy bright yellow holy spells which come from Cleric primary class doesn't feel very Shaman-ish.. :disappointed:

Keep up the good work <3
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    How will you organize bounty hunting? Is it just certain fixed places on the map where corrupted players go to farm at any time, or will it be a rotating area on the map set for specific times of day, or something in between? I think it would be better to have the times regulated somewhat so that you don't have to be up at 2 A.M to kill corrupted players. And it would be cool if the area rotated so there is like a race to get there. That's just me though, any thoughts?

There won't be specific times and areas. Bounty Hunters will hunt corrupted players wherever they appear on their bounty hunting maps.
    If you wait for a certain time, people will just avoid that time frame and gain corruption after it.

From the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters

Players with a high enough corruption score will be visible on the world and mini maps. These players will have markers posted on the map by an NPC from a Military node of at least stage 4 (Town), and will only be granted to players who have the Bounty hunter title. The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.

Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be niche stats? For example "increased healing received from allies", "increased armor penetration", "reduced attack speed for nearby enemies".
  • EmzardEmzard Member
    Will there be an escrow system tied to open world duels?

Such that before the duel commences, the participants can choose to bet certain items and the winner gets all.
  • Will there be anything in the game that will be cross realm?
    mrsimsim.png
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Will there be anything in the game that will be cross realm?

Cosmetics are account based.

Arenas may have cross-server functionnalities: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas#Server_vs_server

We definitely like cross-server play. I think it's cool because it is something that players get to participate in.โ€“ Steven Sharif

When you're talking about Arena play especially, one server might not be able to support that depending on what's going on with it, but across all the servers then we've got a really great pool for matchmaking. โ€“ Jeffrey Bard
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Initially was going to ask about Tulnar features, but decided to change my question.
    Will there be a system in place for Mercenary Bands? Not Bounty Hunters but actual Mercs. They would work separately from guilds and perhaps allow you to be hired with your band for gold. Payed per task or something?
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What are you doing to ensure that zerging content is not a relevant option for the end game experience?

All games that allow content to be fully zerged either fail or are short lived. Please give us some updated input/ideas on what you plan to do to prevent this.
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    How detailed will attributes and effects on players, equipment, and skills be at launch?

((We really get minimal detail in the current testing, but I understand that is because balancing hasn't occurred yet, so we shouldn't focus much on build minutia.))
  • How many people post just the word "reserved" in these question threads, and what percentage actually update their post?
  • How different will Classes within the same Primary Archetype actually be? Will playing a Shaman feel significantly different from playing a Templar, as the names of the two classes would suggest?
  • BidoofBidoof Member
    Will it be possible to autoloot enemy NPC's?
  • GimlogGimlog Member
    Will there be interacting behaviours between different mobs at launch or in the future?
  • PrincessKennyPrincessKenny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    XP debt has been a hot topic. Can you reiterate the point of the system and reassure people about what the final version will look like?
  • GreevzGreevz Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Hello to all the team!

As I've followed Ashes since the announcement of the kickstarter, I've always been looking forward to hearing about how the story of the game will be played out to us, like will it be given to us in quests in the world so that it is another factor to decisions we make and also will there be like big characters in the game that we will remember, one thing I always enjoy is being able to reference really cool generals or warlords that appear in the stories.
    1.png
  • CoggersCoggers Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    What happened with armor types; there were 4 (heavy, medium, light, robes) and now there are 3...what caused that design change?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Skyri02Skyri02 Member
    When i want to sell a mount or different mounts to a player (trade) or an action house (AH), Can the person who want to buy the mount see how it looks before buying them?
    Would not be fun to buy a mount if you dont know how it looks ๐Ÿ˜›
    In WoW you can see how the mount look and how it looks when you sit on it before you buy it ๐Ÿ˜› Will it be similar in ashes ?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How many avatar can we create per account?
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ