Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Never RP-ed in online video game but how do I start?

I have played D&D for years so I’m familiar with RP but how does one start with a video game community? Especially since the game isn’t out yet?

Comments

• VeleinVelein Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just get to know people for now, you can start thinking of character concepts for what you want. You could also look into different RP guilds that fit with what you are looking for. While you may not get a lot of roleplay right now [aside from Discord RP or forum RP] it will at least give you a chance to start thinking about what you are looking for.
    Ashes of Creation Roleplay Community - https://ashesroleplay.com/
  • AmmoreliAmmoreli Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can also get your feet wet and dive into another games RP community like ESO to get your feet wet in it.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would suggest you read the ashes of creation wiki a while and some parts of it will be really cool, then come up with some game goals related to those fun parts.

For example, let's say that taverns and wild beast taming look fun to you. In the game, strive towards having an outholding in a node and start a tavern. Try to make it a good one, learn to cook food that buffs players, invite folks to your tavern, tell them corney jokes, make them like it there. And go up in the mountains and tame some hawks. Build some cages and nests out back of your tavern and breed them, then train the baby hawks. Keep the best for yourself and sell others to tavern patrons. Use the money to put in a garden for better ingredients for your food....

In other words, just have a fun life in the game, making friends, and you will be role playing! You don't need to speak Olde English. Just be the owner of the Hungry Hawk Tavern with the best vittles in a dozen nodes and have yer fun!

Or be a pirate.
  • tautau wrote: »
    I would suggest you read the ashes of creation wiki a while and some parts of it will be really cool, then come up with some game goals related to those fun parts.

For example, let's say that taverns and wild beast taming look fun to you. In the game, strive towards having an outholding in a node and start a tavern. Try to make it a good one, learn to cook food that buffs players, invite folks to your tavern, tell them corney jokes, make them like it there. And go up in the mountains and tame some hawks. Build some cages and nests out back of your tavern and breed them, then train the baby hawks. Keep the best for yourself and sell others to tavern patrons. Use the money to put in a garden for better ingredients for your food....

In other words, just have a fun life in the game, making friends, and you will be role playing! You don't need to speak Olde English. Just be the owner of the Hungry Hawk Tavern with the best vittles in a dozen nodes and have yer fun!

Or be a pirate.

That’s a stellar idea. Why not both the pirate who owns the Hungry Hawk Tavern? 🤣...🤔 🏴‍☠️