Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A Traveling Faire

PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
What would you think about a traveling Faire, that would start weekly real time days, and would visit each node village and higher. This faire would include a jousting event and sword fighting 1 on 1 bracket fighting. This faire would be open for all citizens of the node winners would win a prize from the mayor and at the end of the year the king would hold a grand tournament for all node winners to compete for a prize from the king.

Jousting could be good for the economy to sell horses and armor , and jousting weapons.

Would like to hear your thoughts , thanks for reading.

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it.
  • ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Love it, this could be something ongoing that gives people something to look forward, too. Maybe they could have side games like axe throwing. and test of strength
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • FerniFerni Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea. It would also be useful for seasonal events.

Since mayors and kings will be players, this traveling faire is going to be runned by players or NPCs only? Maybe giving extra functions to the mayor when this faire arrives in the node could be interesting.
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea of faires. Minigames once in a while could lighten up the node
    Ya the Final Event could be held in a Metropolis, with the King present and be a grand event, lot's of possibilities, also having all the winners from each node present, maybe they could Erect a Statue of the winner from the node they're from.
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

• I love the idea of a traveling Faire / Carnival. A great opportunity to play minigames for unique cosmetics! Maybe some unique shopkeepers, mounts for purchase, etc.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Fantastic idea!
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps, for a fee, a player merchant can travel with the fair and sell their wares in stalls. So if you are the only one on the server who has successfully learned to mate panthers with eagles, you can sell your very rare and expensive flying cat mounts *hint, sell only the males so no one else can every breed them*.

Someone else can sell their crafted daggers and another their turnip soup which improves accuracy for two hours.
  • InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    great idea. ren faire is one of my favorite times of year in real life anyhow, seeing one in game could be pretty magical.
    Conrad wrote: »
    I like the idea of faires. Minigames once in a while could lighten up the node

this reminds me of the mooonlight enchantments events that would happen monthly in eq2 where magic mushroom rings would appear and portal you to the fae realm
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Where do I get me ticket?
  • Sounds like fun :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love this concept ^^ I enjoy faires in most games~ Nice event to bring people together for a bit of light-hearted entertainment ^^
    8st3lhnx21to.png
    Yes, this is something I have not seen in other games, it could be as simple as the 2 events , but many directions they could go with it. Seems like so far this has gotten a lot of support.
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

• +1 for this notion.

Yours truly is all about having reasons to go an visit/explore Nodes that aren't our own!

• GreypeltGreypelt Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea. I think in order to justify it, the scope of the idea would have to expand a little though. To have a traveling faire you would have to have 'The area where the traveling faire sets up' for every node. That seems like it could be a bit of wasted space when the faire wasn't there (You could at least have mobs spawn there in the meantime), but I think it would be better off as an 'Event Plot' That different traveling events / holidays could be set up at (The Faire, Minstrels, religious festival, Day of the pumpkin, Pirate day, Harvest celebration, etc.) to provide some standardized areas for temporary events to set up at.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    Ya I like those idea's I mean we see it all the time in games for holidays the devs like to add some stuff, so a specified event area would be fitting.
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

• PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! I really hiope this is something they can make happen at some point, keep the ideas coming.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Can we attack and loot it while it travels? Standard caravan PvP rules of course :smile:
    Winners on either side get extra raffle tickets and stuff as reward/loot.

I like the idea!
    Lol
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know what a dark jester fair like the Court of Miracles

thecourtofmiracles%20game%20det%20BG%202500x1500-medium.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Two types of fairs.

The first is for villages that don’t have a market. Only towns or cities had authorized markets. The fair would be held periodically to provide access to goods from local towns or cities. So for an economic node especially, this could make a lot of sense. However, if villages already have a market, then they aren’t using the traditional medieval roles of markets. But if this would be done then it would combine with caravans to move those goods to and from the villages in the nodes influenced by the towns, cities and metropolis.

The second traditional role was the royal procession where the Lord would visit each settlement to rule, judge, collect taxes (often in the form of goods). Also known as holding court. Each stop would be an event with each settlement competing to provide the best experience they could afford to provide. Trade would be one means to offset those costs. So for this application you could involve the cities and towns under the influence of the metropolis. Each would attempt to win some influence or boon from the Lord. And again, caravans could be used.
  • MarcetMarcet Member
    Sounds amazing, good idea.
    edited May 2021
    Santanico wrote: »
    Ya the Final Event could be held in a Metropolis, with the King present and be a grand event, lot's of possibilities, also having all the winners from each node present, maybe they could Erect a Statue of the winner from the node they're from.

I really love the idea of a player having a Physical reward such as a Statue for winning, in a game where only select people get a chance at flying mount's this would give the wwhole population a chance for fame and to have their own piece of history carved out.
    Marcet wrote: »
    Sounds amazing, good idea.
    Yup, I think the OP is onto something here, hope the Devs are at least bringing this up as a future consideration.
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

• GrihmGrihm Member
    What would you think about a traveling Faire, that would start weekly real time days, and would visit each node village and higher. This faire would include a jousting event and sword fighting 1 on 1 bracket fighting. This faire would be open for all citizens of the node winners would win a prize from the mayor and at the end of the year the king would hold a grand tournament for all node winners to compete for a prize from the king.

Jousting could be good for the economy to sell horses and armor , and jousting weapons.

Would like to hear your thoughts , thanks for reading.

Fully supported, and i could almost guarantee many RP guilds would love to cooperate and create RP events. Really like this.

• ArukoruArukoru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This would be awesome later on in the game. Probably too much to think about right now in alpha 1 but a pretty sweet way to reinvigorate the community a few months after release.
    khFjCQJ.png
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    All in due time indeed @Arukoru
  • Depends how it is implemented. I don't like how a lot of the mini games in the Darkmoon Faire in WoW are designed. If they made mini games with a real UI to them and made them feel special then I'd like to see it.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Depends how it is implemented. I don't like how a lot of the mini games in the Darkmoon Faire in WoW are designed. If they made mini games with a real UI to them and made them feel special then I'd like to see it.

I don't really think of it as a mini game, more so another way for a player to gain reputation for his name, reputation in this game will be important in my eyes. Something where it last the whole cycle and the winner of the season would be known acorss the lands, perhaps a statue would be erected in his home Node. Endless options.
    I found this post again, people in @chibibree stream at the The Golden Feather were talking about tonight, so a idea for a DLC down the road, what do the newer members think. This could be kind of a esport in a way for those looking for 1. I don't think this is a great game for a traditional Esport.
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg