Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A small Dwarven chest

olafksruolafksru Member, Alpha One
Hey! Haven't been here for a while (since the old version of the forum) :D But today I'm back to share my latest creation :)
Thing is that my hobby is woodworking... and I like Dwarves... Dunir especially... And when devs started to share their art and renders, I thought that it would be cool to create something... something... "dwarven" :D
So I used this model for inspiration.

original.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not good at working with metals, so the final variant differs from the model... let's say, that this chest was created by another dunir family :D well, enough talking! Here is a result

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Materials: oak, ash, tung oil, wax, bronze-like accessories.
Hope you'll like it :)

Comments

• Very neat!

Out of curiosity, did this involve any CNC work, or was it entirely by hand? Can't tell, from the size.

• olafksruolafksru Member, Alpha One
    I have no CNC – the wooden part is fully handmade :) Used a circular saw, milling cutter, plane, chisels, and jigsaw. :)
    Accessories were bought in the store as I really do not work with metal :) Need to learn, yeap.
  • bruh this is so good

my grandfather was a master woodworker so seeing handmade wood objects like this brings me great joy
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looks a bit like a dwarven coffin, too. It is very nice.
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    olafksru wrote: »
    Hey! Haven't been here for a while (since the old version of the forum) :D But today I'm back to share my latest creation :)
    Thing is that my hobby is woodworking... and I like Dwarves... Dunir especially... And when devs started to share their art and renders, I thought that it would be cool to create something... something... "dwarven" :D
    So I used this model for inspiration.

original.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not good at working with metals, so the final variant differs from the model... let's say, that this chest was created by another dunir family :D well, enough talking! Here is a result

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Materials: oak, ash, tung oil, wax, bronze-like accessories.
    Hope you'll like it :)

I salute you fellow crafter! Beautiful work!