Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Composing musik ingame | asking as a bard :D

Maybe this has already been answered but i can't seem to find anything.
Will there be a way to compsoe musik within the game and play instruments?
That's the reason i main "Shai" (the bard) in Bdo for example.

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    Not in the initial release. (I suppose they do have a lot to get done.) Definitely something to pester them about later, though, once the game itself is finished.
  • Options
    ArukoruArukoru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That would be pretty awesome depending on the implementation. MIDI plugin anyone?
    khFjCQJ.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    The issue with that is that people will then create real life songs, and then the streams and perhaps even the game itself may be hit with some copyright claim.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asgerr wrote: »
    The issue with that is that people will then create real life songs, and then the streams and perhaps even the game itself may be hit with some copyright claim.

Has that happened before?
    I thought this only happens if you play actual snippets of the recording, or get money for doing a cover

This seems kindof unavoidable, unless they give us a non-standard tonal music system or set-in-stone music to play, which isn't fun for most musicians.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I really like that Harp mini game in Genshin Impact. They should let you choose songs and make your own play along mappings for them. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »

But since bdo managed to do it there probably shouldn't be a problem, it probably depends on how you implement it or how close it'l sound to the original song.