Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 25, 2021 at 12PM PDT

Comments

• If the corruption in an area is not fought by the players, how far can it grow?
  • In regarding the node system....what will prevent 4 or 5 mega guilds from taking over 5 nodes and locking everything else out? I understand you mentioned typical politics and rivalry.. however if the nodes are far spread out what causes some of these big nodes to attack others when they are not within each others main travel lines? Will there be anything such as 180 day caps on a node being at the max level before they have to move to another node or are automatically deleveled? I can see a possibility of servers becoming stagnant with the same 5 nodes always ruling their given areas with little room for others to come in and dethrone them.
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Can we get an update on when the job fair will happen?
  • Hi there, very impressed so far!

I was wondering if there are any innovations happening around threat management? It seems like quite a staple of the genre but hasn't really been improved on in many years.

Thanks!
  • AnvilAnvil Member
    I Have a Question that several People have asked ME when I tell them about this Game.
    Apparently this is a requirement for them to play a game. Will there be a way to Opt Out of the PvP aspect of this, OR, Are We just absolutely Stuck in a Perma-PvP Flagged State?
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Magic Man wrote: »
    I personally find the tab circle underneath the characters a little off-putting. Do you plan to have alternate visual options to see a target is selected (e.g how ESO does it).

Or how old L2 does
  • chayoichayoi Member
    One of my favorite elements of MMOs is rarity. Could you discuss different ways to experience rarity in the game? From legendary drops to unique random server events? etc? How will those rare items be set apart in the game?
  • SalpygidisSalpygidis Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited June 2021
    Hello, I'd love to have any of these question brought up.
    1. Will bosses having any stun mechanics like Interrupt Armor from Wildstar?
    2. How important will Food/Drink be. Is is just for buffs or will it help you regenerate mana/health while questing and such?
    3. Will there be a traditional Need/Greed system or are you looking to do something else like the bidding system in Blade and Soul.
  • BidoofBidoof Member
    Will there be stat requirements to equip gear?
  • Players from my region usually play on EU servers as it is the nearest to us (25-35 ms) so we are going to face the problem of difference in currencies ($15 = 245EGP) every single month! I'm not against monthly subscriptions at all but there should be reduced fees for few countries in which the harmonized subscription prices should rely on the country instead of a specified server. Not asking for a server for MENA region and never will.
    (Ex: Egyptian player will play on NA server and pay $3/month while other players from U.S. playing on the same server will pay $15/month)

Could this be implemented?
    MySign35.png
  • SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    (last Q&A fell very short, that's why next attempt for same questions)~

so, the wiki says 'Players will have a first-name and an optional surname (last name)'.

What about when you form a family, will that create a family name? Applied to all, who are part of it.
    Are there any visible indications, that tie family members together? Seen by others.

Great question @mischievous Priest, I was curious if you could "lock" a surname for alts on a single account. So any character I make would all have the surname "Soggy" for instance. Toast confirmed for me after a previous Q&A that players and guilds would have access to visible title type name plates for achievements, but I am curious if in game families and alts will have any visible indication as well.
  • In regards to status symbol and prestige, will the game have something similar to how mounts are treated in WoW? or is it something entirely different?
  • There are 4 guilds in a guild alliance. How many guild alliances can you have?
  • Would there ever be chances of players being able to receive unique player titles? I know of the existing titles and roles but could there ever be unique titles that can only be obtained by one player?
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    Are you changing the graphic engine from UE4 to unreal engine 5? if that is the case the game will use nanite and lumen technology?

they have already said that they do not currently plan to change to UE5, only after the release of the game.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Unreal_engine_4
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    keyl wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have multiple questions. It would be amazing if you get to talk about one or even more.

First of, are there any plans for extremely rare, and powerful spells to be found within the game that only a handful of players (on a server) can get? e.G, a very high aoe spell with lower damage that has a very high cd and/or cast-cost.

Second, what is your approach to 1. Cheater and 2. Botter. Will there be an AC in place? If so, is it going to be a standalone program?

And last, how easy will it be to change abilities withing your Archetypes. And will it be possible to change your Archetype at all? Maybe with a powerful item.

I'm sorry if you've already answered those questions. Keep up the good work and see you on the server!

Try visiting the wiki, most of your questions are answered there, maybe all of them.
    There is info about Treasure hunting - https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Treasure_hunting (Because there is augment system, i dont think there will be oportunity find some hidden abilities or skills)
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes
  • how rude are the rudest NPC's going to be?
    (would a crancky old war veteran you ask reply with: "stop waisting my time, litle boy"; or rather "shut up you **** and stop waisting my time you litle usles pice of trash!"?)
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Once a siege scroll is obtained, how modifiable is it (e.g., in the event the node my guild wanted to siege having advanced to the next stage during the time it took us to obtain the siege scroll)?
  • HawkwoodHawkwood Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will intrepid have alpha/beta testers, testing new expansion content (like wow) or will you just release it (like FF14) so everyone gets to experience it at the same time?
    edited June 2021
    In regarding the node system....what will prevent 4 or 5 mega guilds from taking over 5 nodes and locking everything else out? I understand you mentioned typical politics and rivalry.. however if the nodes are far spread out what causes some of these big nodes to attack others when they are not within each others main travel lines? Will there be anything such as 180 day caps on a node being at the max level before they have to move to another node or are automatically deleveled? I can see a possibility of servers becoming stagnant with the same 5 nodes always ruling their given areas with little room for others to come in and dethrone them.

Frankly if a server of 10,000 concurrent players let's a "mega guild alliance" of 1,200 to 1,500 take over and rule everything, than they deserve it. That being said node's do occur "exp dept" and can de-level if not actively maintained, A 300 player guild just can't keep up with node maintenance for a metropolis node without help from other people. You would cripple the "mega guild" just by leaving their nodes.
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member

will there be unique class names in the game. not like in other games. for example, not a paladin, but for example a light bearer or the name of professions as a pharmacist for a herbalist place. this will definitely add freshness to the game.
    Anvil wrote: »
    I Have a Question that several People have asked ME when I tell them about this Game.
    Apparently this is a requirement for them to play a game. Will there be a way to Opt Out of the PvP aspect of this, OR, Are We just absolutely Stuck in a Perma-PvP Flagged State?

Yeah there is no "disable pvp" button. Pvp is kind of a necessary evil in AoC. As so many other systems kinda rely on it.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the Champion(s) we build to fight in the Military Node arenas be able to be used as mercenaries to guard our Caravans and Freeholds??
  • In many MMO's "endgame" is the entire game, and a lot of players rush through leveling process to get there. Do you think this is because of modern gamer culture or because MMOs are designed that way? What will be the differences between "endgame" and leveling in Ashes of Creation?
    Ymir-Transparent-Background.png
    ᚺᛖᚨᚱᚦ ᛟᚠᚦᛖ ᛊᚺᚨᛞᛟᚹ ᛁᛗᛁᚱ
  • MonadMonad Member
    edited June 2021
    How customizable will the Ul be? If not in-game, will Ul mods be allowable?
    The real human to client interface is highly personal and impacts enjoyabilty. This is actually an ease of access issue especially important for a person with a disabilty that might be using an alternate keypad and the traditional 1-0 ability bar presents specific conflicts to allow intuitive play aligned to the visual display.
    Also customizing the UI is relevant to those playing on Ultra-widescreen (ex. 7680x1440) and certain UI elements end up only on the far edges when the info should be centered.
  • if i dual wield, will i get xp/skills from both weapons?
  • Lark WyllLark Wyll Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for taking the time to host these Q&A's. I look forward to the discussion.

My question is what will be the determining factors or hierarchy which governs the players selected to participate in Castle & Node sieges to prevent tampering?

My initial thought is that it would be beneficial to have four guilds comprising an alliance to be in all different ZOI's so they can all launch attacks against their sister guild neighbors and be able to have one guild enlist in the defense but not participate.

Will there be a hierarchy for siege defense to ensure the largest stakeholders have dibs for enlisting in the defense effort of what they've worked for?
    u3usdraa7gs1.png

• CorneliusCornelius Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    If you had to choose one thing to be as good as possible for alpha 1, what would it be?
  • How early in development do you flesh out the character concepts? (Example: will we fully fleshed out classes for mage cleric and tank before we see archetypes like summoner and bard)
    2cuMn4T.png
  • OkamiOkami Member
    Would you consider giving permission to players who want to buy a business space together? Say a really good group of friends want to go into carpentry together, and instead of operating separate stalls they want to go all in and buy a solid storefront in the city instead, would they be able to have some permissions within reason? Like paying for a friend's share of the rent because they're out of town for a month, having small permissions to decorate their side of the shop, being able to set sales placards for certain products, etc.