Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 25, 2021 at 12PM PDT

Comments

• Third time's the charm!
    With regards to damage types and resistances:
    Will each monster have its own, individually assigned, set of resistances and vulnerabilities or will the game feature specific 'types' with their resistances and vulnerabilities which would then be assigned to each monster?
    I.e., will you do it the D&D way or the Pokémon way?
  • Will rings and trinkets be visible on character models? I’d love to see cool trinkets and rings on characters!
  • roostroost Member
    As someone who heavily enjoys open world PvP, I'm a little concerned with the corruption system as it stands. I feel as though if players are able to just ignore attackers and continue gathering/exploring, it erodes any sort of risk from being in the open world. Even though they can technically still be killed, corruption still heavily disincentivizes fighting in the open, and outweighs the benefits of a non-combatant player dropping more loot. If open-world pvp is opt-in only, it changes the dynamic from "fighting for your life in a hostile world" to "I only want to fight this guy if I think i can take him."
    My question is: How will you maintain the threat of other players as a gameplay mechanic if anybody can opt-out (by refusing to fight back against a purple player) with little to no consequence?
  • AnzoulAnzoul Member
    Hi guys, so ashes is supposed to be "player skill rewarding" .. see optional combat, etc. .. so far I haven't seen positional combat or combos, is there a plan to include skills like that , maybe for specific classes or in general? thx
  • How effective will buffs be in pve/pvp? Some games increase your damage/defence by 10%, others by 100%.
  • Will monster coins allow you to take part in events on servers other than your own?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When or at what stage do you think we will be able to remap our keyboard/mouse settings?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• AbuckAbuck Member
    Are we going to see the some features of the note system any time soon again? Considering it the heart of the game, I am really curious about how far it is already developed. :)
  • AnvilAnvil Member
    edited June 2021
    Hix Haxxen wrote: »
    Anvil wrote: »
    I Have a Question that several People have asked ME when I tell them about this Game.
    Apparently this is a requirement for them to play a game. Will there be a way to Opt Out of the PvP aspect of this, OR, Are We just absolutely Stuck in a Perma-PvP Flagged State?

Yeah there is no "disable pvp" button. Pvp is kind of a necessary evil in AoC. As so many other systems kinda rely on it.

Well, Guess we will just "Ignore" players who want to stroke their E-peens and let the Corruption system take them. The Opt-in/out System would work better in that case. Guess I'll be Corpse dragging around trying to life skill or quest. Really NOT interested in PvP. Thank the Powers-that-Be for the Corruption system (I Guess).... Any way thanks for the Answer. Would STILL Love to Hear the Dev Team's answer on this crap. And After the 9 month Package runs out guess I'll be Playing a Different Game. As will my friends. We are Not PvPers by any stretch.
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • TetterianTetterian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    How do you plan to make the highest stage nodes available for lower levels if, let's say a high-level node gets to the metropolis stage?
  • Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know there will be 4 schools of augments from our Secondary Augmentation, will the choice of school be unique to each skill being augmented or will it be one school for the whole build?
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited June 2021
    Do you use your farming or fishing skill to gather from a fishery?
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited June 2021
    Dear Ashes...I'm in an A2 play...is there any current release time / idea for the Rogue skillset?? I know from previous you're working on it and loved the predator video...any thoughts, time etc as to when we see some of what it can do would be lovely... that said it's a great class done right and... i don't want to see it " Totally invisible" Stealth, sneak whatever but not done right others catch you...I'm looking forward to seeing your version... loved the par-cor in the predator vid... Amar
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    During the reddit q&a Stephen mentioned a Summoner's summons would be on the field permanently until death. Does that mean switching summons (for people with more than 3) and tactically unsummoning (to reset hate, hp, positioning, etc) like in FFXI will not be possible or part of the tactical design for summoner?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • SunboySunboy Member
    Hi ❤️

What are some goofy/impossible game concepts you had that was thrashed.

Much love ❤️
    Sunboy
  • LyonLyon Member
    I tried this like 3 months ago already but i ll give it another shot this month.

With the limitation of Flyers to a very tiny amount of players how do you plan to handle flying mobs especially in higher altitudes. Will something like this even exist or will there just be "flying mobs" that hover a bit over ground?

And hi Toast
  • AaxcAaxc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Veralord wrote: »
    Would there ever be chances of players being able to receive unique player titles? I know of the existing titles and roles but could there ever be unique titles that can only be obtained by one player?

Also, to extend on this, will early backers, as most of us here, be aligable for unique titles to proudly show it on game launch?
  • RogoshRogosh Member
    Any plans for hidden or limited classes or abilities that can drop on death>? Something like void magic or lightning magic that can enhance ones attack and make them more powerful after achieving something specific in game.

What are your thoughts on finding a way of stopping people from data mining game/patch data?
  • EkinEkin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be any large scale consequences when many players in a group (guild, religion, etc.) become corrupted frequently or for extended period of time?
  • Will there be any systems to curb currency bloat or are we going to be dealing with 6-7 digit gold numbers in the future.
  • Sago65Sago65 Member
    You have said previously that POI’s will grow as the surrounding nodes develop. Are there POI’s that shrink as nodes develop, such as treasure hunters plundering a shipwreck?
  • SumpSump Member
    How many actives will have completionism reward for finishing everything involved? For example you go kill all the world bosses so now you get a new mount also any summoner news ;)
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can you clarify if Rogues will be able to achieve full invisibility with only their own skills, i.e. no augments, no specialized gear?

(reason for asking, the wiki mentions partial, but the source cited doesn't seem to actually say anything about that)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• KoduKodu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will the respawn system work in the game, is it intended to be always respawn to the closest respawn point, or will players have any choice where they respawn (out side of res)?
  • Will the game feature a free trial upon release?
  • Leolouch Vi BritanniaLeolouch Vi Britannia Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If, as of now, pvp will always be possible even if you yourself aren't flagged. Will there be some system to let, or at least make it easier for solo players to go out and do content or just gather for hours without having to be concerned about going back to town to drop off mats every 30min for fear of losing them? Like being able to hire bodyguards whether this be real players, npcs that have the same stats as a player who made it, or just npcs like guards?
  • palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    Dear Intrepid Studios,

Are you absolutely confident this time that you will be to able meet the NDA drop deadline for both July 9th and July 14th tests without having to delay it yet again at the very last day?
  • Skyri02Skyri02 Member
    edited June 2021
    When i want to sell a mount or different mounts to a player (trade) or an action house (AH) or in a kiosk/marketplace, can the person who wants to buy the mount see how it looks and how it looks when you sit on it before buying it? :)
  • CrowigorCrowigor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will sieges take place in the open world? Will any player passing by be able to join or will the sieges take place in an instance or will there be an invisible wall restriction?
  • DaveNDaveN Member
    Hey there Intrepid!

Question:
    Will we be able to trigger skills with combinations of keystrokes (W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl) and reuse the same keys as parts of different combinations?

Explanation:
    BDO used this system.
    You could either place them traditionally in the hotbar, or trigger them by using combinations of W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl.
    This allowed for higher combat fluidity and integrated directional skills seamlessly.
    It also allowed for the same key to trigger different skills, as part of a different combinations - something that can't be achieved by simply assigning single keystrokes.

It set a new bar for action combat in my eyes, increasing the skillcap even further, without affecting more casual players, since the hotbar remained as a way to trigger skills. I would love to see a similar system in AOC. o:)