Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

node selection

there will be 4 initial portals, but it’s not clear whether it will be possible to choose one or another node and your own control. For example, I want to be in a node near the water, and I will be thrown into the mountains or forest.

Comments

• Sov54Sov54 Member
    Just walk to a coastal region you like and look for a suitable town, I guess!
  • CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Choosing a portal to spawn at won't lock you to a specific node. You'll be free to travel any direction you want and what node to settle in (or not settle in).
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member
    Choosing a portal to spawn at won't lock you to a specific node. You'll be free to travel any direction you want and what node to settle in (or not settle in).

Someone will initially get to the right location for him and someone will have to spend time on this and not the fact that he can get because the roads initially will not be safe.The first will begin to develop immediately and the second after some time.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    I don't understand the OP.
    You will be able to choose which Portal you wish to start at so just choose the Portal closest to the location on the map where you wish to start. And then run wherever you wish to run.
    I typically start MMORPGs by immediately running my character from one starting location to another. You don't necessarily have to stick to the roads.

The main issue will be whether there will be enough players who also wish to immediately start where you do, so that you can provide enough xp to progress the Node you want from Stage to Stage.
  • CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    2DOLKI wrote: »
    Someone will initially get to the right location for him and someone will have to spend time on this and not the fact that he can get because the roads initially will not be safe.The first will begin to develop immediately and the second after some time.

Ah OK, so you want to know if you can find a node and control it by yourself? If that's what you're asking then I would say it's pretty unlikely since nodes are designed to be a group effort. You could probably solo a node to the first two stages with some time, but the odds of that happening before another player shows up are low. The higher levels would take so long solo it wouldn't be worth the effort.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I believe that even a guild working together will be unable to progress a node significantly, much less an individual.

With regards to choosing a portal that will quickly get you to your chosen type of node....if you are able to buy into the Beta I or II testing, I think that you can use that time to identify the node where you would like to settle, then choose the appropriate portal. If you cannot afford that @2DOLKI , that chat with some of us here on the boards and we would be glad to help!
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member
    tautau wrote: »
    I believe that even a guild working together will be unable to progress a node significantly, much less an individual.

With regards to choosing a portal that will quickly get you to your chosen type of node....if you are able to buy into the Beta I or II testing, I think that you can use that time to identify the node where you would like to settle, then choose the appropriate portal. If you cannot afford that @2DOLKI , that chat with some of us here on the boards and we would be glad to help!

I will participate in the beta for sure. thank you for the answers.
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member

But it would not be bad to manage the node ))) It is always better to set grandiose tasks))
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    2DOLKI wrote: »
    But it would not be bad to manage the node ))) It is always better to set grandiose tasks))

If you are talking about trying to run a node by yourself, keep in mine that metropolis level nodes are going to require the effort of at least a thousand players.

Not only do you have the task of building a node up, but you also need to maintain a minimum amount of experience gain in that nodes ZoI, otherwise atrophy will set in.

Getting a node to level 3 - which is where housing and citizenship start - will likely require a hundred people to achieve and maintain.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yeah, you're not going to be able to run a node by yourself, even a stage 1 one. Plus there's literally nothing stopping people from walking into the same node as you and also participating, so it's not like you can keep a node all to yourself anyway.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    Not only what Talents said but there is nothing stopping another guild from looking at your node and deciding to raze it. Nodes are not a solo player only experience. Solo players will be important for ensuring nodes get a consistent xp growth but ultimately the nodes will be controlled by the guilds/people that invest the most into them. They will take consistent grinding. They will also have to compete for xp and freedom to level. So there is a very high chance other nodes will want to destroy your node.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member

I may not have phrased my question accurately. I was wondering how players will be assigned to nodes when they arrive from the portal. Will it be random or will it be given a choice of one node or another. And at the expense of retention or development of the node is clear that one person can not maintain it, and even more upheid. And in general, I am a social person))).Kzhe I keep track of the game's media)) for the answers, thanks!
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You won't be assigned to one, you choose the one you want. Wander around, look at them, make friends, choose the node you wish!
  • MelofeignMelofeign Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    From what I gather, if you are doing something in a node's Zone of Influence, your contribution will count for that node. After a node gets to level 3, you can choose to become a citizen of that node and that gives you benefits and responsibilities, but even at level 3+ people who are not citizens still contribute to the node xp "bank".

So you choose which node to be assigned to by choosing where to play, and then by where to become a citizen. You are never assigned a node by the game.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The nodes will be assigned "type" pre launch.
    A military node will be a military node on all servers.
    It will be interesting to see where people settle server to server and what they choose to build.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau said it best.