Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can My Computer Run the MMORPG

These are my stats:
i7-7500
2.70-2.90 GHz
16GB ram
64 bit
GeForce 930 mx

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Your ram and CPU should be ok, but I would be surprised if that GPU were up to the task. It may "run", but I would imagine you would need everything turned right down.

If it's any consolation, the game is likely still at least two years out.
  • @Noaani The MMORPG that's in alfa 1 is 2 years old?
  • @Noaani oh nvm I get what your saying... Ya I was thinking of pre-ordering
    Echidna wrote: »
    Noaani oh nvm I get what your saying... Ya I was thinking of pre-ordering

While I have pre-ordered, unless you are interested in testing the game out or are interested in a specific cosmetic, I would just suggest waiting until the game launches.

And hey, with how far out it is, there is every chance you may have a new computer by then. I am on my second, soon to be third desktop and second laptop in the time I have been following the game.

That said, don't take my advice, as I pre-ordered specifically to have alpha access, but simply don't have the time to test the game out yet - clearly not someone you should listen to here.
  • Ya i'm sure at this point i'll probly just make a pc, because mine just isn't cutting it for most things.

That being said; I might do that soon, and i've never had the experience of testing, so I am a bit interested in that. Especially with how intriguing this game is to me.

I may or may not take your advice.
    I'm definitely gonna learn a bit more about the game first before I make my decision. <3
    I'm definitely gonna learn a bit more about the game first before I make my decision.
    Wise decision.

All the best.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Currently, we don't have much in the way of settings to customize the client for low-end machines.

I have a work laptop with a RTX2060 in it that I will use for games. While it does run games like Cyberpunk 2077 perfectly fine, I don't tend to run games that stress the machine if I can help it.

The laptop runs Ashes as fine as my desktop, but at higher heat. This is relevant to you OP because until I can start lowering settings to the point that my laptop can run Ashes without getting hot. Personally, would not try it on a lower spec machine.

Mortal Online 2 is a game that uses the same engine, and I can get it to run much cooler than Ashes alpha without much compromise in appearance. Not a perfect comparison, but there never will be.

For complete context. My mate runs MO2 on a GTX 980(I think) with the same settings I use on my laptop. He also has a few of the settings turned up, which means he could go lower if needed.

All of this to say, I just don't think we have the settings customizations to really have a good time on lower end machines yet. Most of this is very anecdotal, but I hope you find it useful in some way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Thank you @Vhaeyne,

I think at this point, pretty soon I'm likely going to build a new PC.

On another matter: do you know if you keep levels after alfa/beta test into the final release?
    On another matter: do you know if you keep levels after alfa/beta test into the final release?

All progression will be wiped before release. They also randomly wipe any progression between tests. If we get two test days in a week, you might have to make a new character both days.
    TVMenSP.png
    Some more advice that absolutely fits under the "but don't listen to me" thing from above - don't do this just yet.

There are several key components of computers that are in short supply for varying reasons, and you could easily pay twice what you should to build a computer right now (or end up with half the computer you should for the same amount of money).

My honest suggestion is to wait until prices fall back to where they should be - as I am fairly sure that will happen before Ashes releases.

If you are generally happy with what you have now, hold on for a little bit longer.
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    Some more advice that absolutely fits under the "but don't listen to me" thing from above - don't do this just yet.

There are several key components of computers that are in short supply for varying reasons, and you could easily pay twice what you should to build a computer right now (or end up with half the computer you should for the same amount of money).

My honest suggestion is to wait until prices fall back to where they should be - as I am fairly sure that will happen before Ashes releases.

If you are generally happy with what you have now, hold on for a little bit longer.

I'm happy to say @Noaani and I 100% agree on something. LOL

Silicon shortages on top of the insane spike in the crypto market tripled up w/ scalpers have made PC parts stupid expensive. Even streaming equipment like basic mics and cameras have only just started dropping in price.

Definitely hold out and weight for the market to drop
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
    @Maezriel

Count me among the guys you agree with on this one.

Plenty of time between now and Ashes launch for the market to stabilize.
    TVMenSP.png
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    These are my stats:
    i7-7500
    2.70-2.90 GHz
    16GB ram
    64 bit
    GeForce 930 mx

As for building a new PC, the upside of it, is you have plenty of time. Depending on your knowledge in terms of different builds, parts and to what level, i would recommend reading up on both AMD and Intel, and make a decision based on YOUR needs, not what people say on a forum is best because of the love for a brand.

I build my own computers and those of my friends that ask, and i would always say the same.
    Never skip or cheap out on CPU Cooling, case fans or the PSU ( power supply )

You can save a few bucks on a less expensive case, but if you pick a case that is a bit more expensive, you may get some good fans in that deal that are of an actual brand name, and not just some clear plastic horror with some LED´s in them.

As for CPU cooling, i always go with an AIO ( all in one ) as a liquid cooling is very easy to apply, takes no management once applied and cools very well for many many years as long as one keeps the computer clean from dust etc.

Depending on where you live, you can for sure ask in the forums here for tips on good deals, and build the best computer for you and your needs.