Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wiping

ChasiopeysChasiopeys Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I would like to purchase the Alpha One Advanture package, but now I saw, that all characters will be wiped after each testing. So how are we able to experince the higher levels? Not all of us can play 24/7. That seems counter productive.
I would like to hear the dev teams stand on that.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha one is for testing everything so having people at low levels is a good thing for the devs
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ChasiopeysChasiopeys Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Nagash you bought the Alpha? If yes what is your experience so far?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    They can grant XP so you hit the max level for the Alpha when they want you to test things like the sieges.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    But remember that you really are not 'Playing' the game, you are a 'Testing' systems in the game.
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    If they test like other companies (though my experience is limited to only TOR) You'll get assigned a class/class combo. And are tasked with doing specific things. I was given levels to test some planet. I also had to test some starter planet, for pacing and such I guess.

Anyway, the point is. You'll be provided the tools for testing, i.e. given xp, items etc.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I suggest a bidet. Wiping can cause irritation.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Hi there friend - right now the max level for testing is 15. While players may not achieve this on their own during our shorter spot test windows, it may be more feasible to reach level 15 when servers are open for longer periods for our upcoming Alpha One testing! If our team needs you to be a certain level to participate in something (such as siege testing), we can level you up accordingly in-game.

In general, expect many many MANY wipes of your characters and progress during upcoming testing - this will help ensure that we're getting the latest fixes and changes out to you in a timely manner!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.