Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

combat overhall

DaneSlayerDaneSlayer Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I am new to the community but I am also very excited to play the game after watching Asmongold and listening to Narc. I absolutely love the concept and would happily subscribe. I have a few questions really, visual animation, Divine node, and Gathering. (Sorry for this being long)

So the actual animation of the skills and player movement are going to be smooth like BDO, GW2, and New World? Also Narc talked about tanking in the game immersive combat system with animation canceling. But i like the idea of manually holding my shield to block attacks in front of me

I had a minor cool Idea about the Divine nodes for sieges. It would be amazing if the Gods gave the node a Divine shield to protect the city from siege fire even if its only 4 shots then you see the shield shatter.

Gathering seems a bit random, unless you know the spots like Wow. But New World you can chop down any tree while ff14 the crafting of a single item is awesome.

Its my understanding that Ashes is trying to create the best of all worlds and create something that has never been done to the MMO world. If this is the Company thats going to remove wow then I will support everything y'all make. I understand its the Alpha but my hopes are high and my spirit is strong. the Absolute Neckbeardy ill put into this you have no Idea.

Comments

• Hi there! Since this seems like less of a support/FAQ topic and more of a discussion, am moving this on over to our General Discussion section for other folks to chime in!
    community_management.gif
  • BigdawgBigdawg Member
    edited July 2021
    About gathering I really hope it’s not just single tap resources that are peppered across the landscape. That’s the typical mmo way. We can do better than that with more realism.

I want to see long trenches cut into the landscape with ores erupting from the ground or large mining pockets deep inside a cave.

Nearly all trees should be harvestable with different types belonging in different biomes. The majority being low quality. Rare trees less abundant and harder to reach.

As for fishing i know it’s not finished yet, but it should require more patience and skill like it does in real life. Certain baits or lures should target certain fish. Don’t make it brainless like every other mmo please this is my favorite one.

It would be great if we could have simple mini games implemented into each harvest. Better speed and accuracy in the mini game would reward more efficient gathering. Also the glowing sparkles are unnecessary. That’s the hand holding we need to stay away from.

The game is looking amazing btw! The landscape was the most impressive feature to me. Absolutely beautiful considering we are in alpha stage.
  • RamirezRamirez Member
    edited July 2021
    Bigdawg wrote: »
    About gathering I really hope it’s not just single tap resources that are peppered across the landscape. That’s the typical mmo way. We can do better than that with more realism.

I want to see long trenches cut into the landscape with ores erupting from the ground or large mining pockets deep inside a cave.

Nearly all trees should be harvestable with different types belonging in different biomes. The majority being low quality. Rare trees less abundant and harder to reach.

As for fishing i know it’s not finished yet, but it should require more patience and skill like it does in real life. Certain baits or lures should target certain fish. Don’t make it brainless like every other mmo please this is my favorite one.

They really can take some inspiration for this from albion, even for the mount system
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The best games are those that steal the good stuff to improve so yes I agree
  • DaneSlayer wrote: »
    Also Narc talked about tanking in the game immersive combat system with animation canceling.
    Oh no. Is this true?
  • McShaveMcShave Member
    edited July 2021
    Dudebruh wrote: »
    DaneSlayer wrote: »
    Also Narc talked about tanking in the game immersive combat system with animation canceling.
    Oh no. Is this true?

I think it was supposed to be a bad thing and a warning to Intrepid, that's what i took it as at least.