Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Tanks Guide (WIP)

MutantgunMutantgun Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hey Community,

Just wanted to let you all know I've been working on a guide for tanks/tanking. Currently still a work-in-progress, but it's being updated live as the information gets captured. I'll be updating it during this weekends alpha preview and then hopefully add a lot more content during the Alpha 1 stage.

A Tanks Guide

Please let me know what you think and feel free to spam me with questions or info.

Comments

• Options
    BUMP

Skills section has been updated and a new addition added: Boss Mechanics.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    BUMP
    • Leveling stat values updated
    • Ability Damage Ratings added
    • BIGGEST ADDITION: Charts for Boss Mechanics
  • Options
    • DPS changed to Damage Rating to better represent the abilities power and to bring the guide more inline with Intrepid's current view on Damage Meters
    • Guide theme updated to dark mode
    • Some images and charts also updated to fit better with dark mode
    • Lacerate Rank 3 added to Damage Rating chart
    • Added new Stats section - Current findings as to what each Primary stat does, which secondary stats they link to, new info on how those Primary stats effect your secondary stats, how much HP does 1 point of Constitution provide, etc.
  • Options
    Small update
    • Guild Skill Tree added
    • Some icon quality fixes
  • Options
    AH93AH93 Member
    Thanks for posting this, interesting to see how the guide develops.

I'm interested in buying AoC when it releases, and playing as a tank.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on building a paladin tank, akin to supporting the group as well as tanking, I'm not sure if you've had the chance to play this spec, or if you can get that far in the alpha yet?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment. Yeah we've internally had some discussion in our guild on possible classes for the tank and how to try and "min/max" the party setup by running specific tank classes to try and maximize team damage, etc. At the moment we don't have any real news yet on what exactly each class will get as their skill augments (except for the spellshield class), but I will keep the guide up to date as the new features come out.
  • Options
    MrRobDoeMrRobDoe Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    looks very good so far, thank you for your efforts.

I will definitely keep an eye on it.