Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A Tanks Guide (WIP)

MutantgunMutantgun Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Hey Community,

Just wanted to let you all know I've been working on a guide for tanks/tanking. Currently still a work-in-progress, but it's being updated live as the information gets captured. I'll be updating it during this weekends alpha preview and then hopefully add a lot more content during the Alpha 1 stage.

A Tanks Guide

Please let me know what you think and feel free to spam me with questions or info.

Comments

• MutantgunMutantgun Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    BUMP

Skills section has been updated and a new addition added: Boss Mechanics.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    While I commend the work, remember, that Alpha 1 is not a content test, its a backend test.

Everything is still going to be balanced, including the fact that some of these abilities may not remain tank abilities in the long run.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    edited July 2021
    What @Jahlon mentioned above is 100% correct. This guide and the content there in is all subject to change. The guide is updated each time the alpha servers come online, as there is still a long list of things to test and confirm.

My reasoning behind making this guide is to have a good base to work from when the subsystems become more stable and permanent. It's also there to help assist new players who haven't been a part of the alpha testing very long, such as myself, to at least provide some support and extra information that isn't easily found in-game.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's OK, I guess.
    It's not a site I would use, but some people might find that kind of info useful.
    It's great that you mention upfront that it will continue to be updated as info increases and changes - much like the wiki.
    edited July 2021
    Dygz wrote: »
    It's great that you mention upfront that it will continue to be updated as info increases and changes - much like the wiki.

The Wiki was one of the reasons why I started this guide. When I joined my first preview test I noticed that some of the information mentioned on the wiki wasn't accurate anymore and some of the info I found via our Guild was also outdated, which pushed me to try and have some place with updated info and stats that could be used for other areas, such as the wiki or our own Guild info tables.
  • I like it! Nice job. Don't have much more to say, the content in your guide isn't very useful yet but it makes for a foundation for a guide in the future when things are more established. Again, nice job <3
    Yeah, they've been waiting for the NDA to lift to start updating the wiki.
    Your guide will have stuff the wiki doesn't - so won't really be a competitor.
    Also thanks for the comments and discussion. It's always nice living in your own bubble when making guides and content like this, but you can't really improve on it without feedback or some back and forth between players and community members.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you keep updating the info I imagine it will become very useful. Right now it's bare on info but that's not your fault. I think your idea of what kind of info will be good for a guide is spot on.

Hhak63P.png
    edited July 2021
    BUMP
    • Leveling stat values updated
    • Ability Damage Ratings added
    • BIGGEST ADDITION: Charts for Boss Mechanics
  • Nice effort and it will probably be a useful resource if you go through with it up to and post launch but it feels like its a little too early to warrant being spam bumped in here for years pre launch imo
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    Mutantgun wrote: »
    Hey Community,

Just wanted to let you all know I've been working on a guide for tanks/tanking. Currently still a work-in-progress, but it's being updated live as the information gets captured. I'll be updating it during this weekends alpha preview and then hopefully add a lot more content during the Alpha 1 stage.

A Tanks Guide

Please let me know what you think and feel free to spam me with questions or info.

I like what I see so far. I will be using this if you keep it up post launch. Great job!
    • DPS changed to Damage Rating to better represent the abilities power and to bring the guide more inline with Intrepid's current view on Damage Meters
    • Guide theme updated to dark mode
    • Some images and charts also updated to fit better with dark mode
    • Lacerate Rank 3 added to Damage Rating chart
    • Added new Stats section - Current findings as to what each Primary stat does, which secondary stats they link to, new info on how those Primary stats effect your secondary stats, how much HP does 1 point of Constitution provide, etc.
    Small update
    • Guild Skill Tree added
    • Some icon quality fixes
    Nice!