Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Peaceful gameplay in AoC?

I look forward to playing AoC but wonder if developers will provide an alternative comprehensive peaceful gameplay and character progression for those who are not interested in violence or destruction of any kind but prefer to experience the world of Verra through creative activities (crafting, cooking, building, repairing, trading etc). Will such activities grant experience comparable to killing? How essential will they be for the world development including guilds, freeholds and players themselves?

Comments

• MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Destruction is an integral part of the game and the entire phoenix and ashes motif is 100% about death and rebirth.

Growth w/o a way to destroy just leads to stagnation...IDK of a single farming game that doesn't end w/ you just being swamped in materials and richer than is ever necessary to build anything you want which is why the PvP aspects such as sieges are so important in AoC.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • MerekMerek Member
    You're part of the crowd that made themeparks so popular. Soulless, meaningless experiences. Go and play one of them, instead of trying to alter yet another game for your own selfish reasons.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Exotus

There will certainly be more peaceful activities as you call them, through the artisan system which is separate to the combat. You can in theory dedicate all your play time to crafting if you wish, however you would be missing out on a great deal that the game has to offer.

Crafting and building up nodes will be essential to the world, but as @Maezriel said, growth without destruction will lead to world stagnation, which is something the developers are trying to avoid.

I hope that answers your question, so I'm closing this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.