Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Resource Use/Replenishment

"And once a world’s resources and nature are destroyed, they won’t just spawn a few minutes later for you to whack at them again. Like we said, this world changes, and it’s not always a quick change. Nothing is permanent, for ill or for good."

In your blog post, you briefly mention the fact that resources won't just respawn. A tree chopped down for lumber won't be back to chop again within minutes. I imagine the trees do grow back eventually. Is there a way to replant trees as a way to manage the supply of lumber within the economy? Similar to the way a farmer would raise cattle for slaughter.

If not, is it that then a way to push players further out into the world and compete with other nodes/metropolises for resources?

Comments

• <blockquote>

If not, is it that then a way to push players further out into the world and compete with other nodes/metropolises for resources?

</blockquote>

meaningfull conflict, giving bots a problem, getting the people out to other areas

sounds good to me
  • Im not sure about trees but they did say farming would be possible. As for ores, those resources will respawn randomly.

Pretty much you have to go out and explore the world instead of camping a resource node. And if you stumble upon a resource, keep it a secret :)
  • I did talk to yaviey and she confirmed that the resource will be replenished, just not right away and in most cases, not in the same spot.
    so yes, if you are hunting for a particular resource, you have to actually go out and search for it.
    again, several good things can come out of this. for example, imagine you are a miner by profession. your iron ore source ran out. you have to search. you might end up getting to a gold ore/silver ore.
    also you can expect the world, being a hostile one, will have monsters (and maybe players) ambush you a lot, so....