Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ideas for Glorious Mounts and Creatures

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Hello Everyone

I thought that I'd be nice for us to have a Section where we could share Ideas for what we think could make for glorious Mounts and Creatures.

How about a A Squirrel Mount for the Py'Rai?
After looking at some of the Py'Rai Architecture Concepts, which is very much one with nature and trees, I thought, "wouldn't it be great to have a squirrel mount?" With all those big trees out there on which you can build houses, some of these trees surely have big nuts too, and it just makes sense to me, that there would be a creature out there that really wants to munch on these nuts - Giant Squirrels.

I also noticed that I've not seen any Wild Pigs in Verra yet, so how about a (Battle Trained) Wild Boar Mount with some neat fur markings? I think that could be awesome!

Look at this glorious wild pig! It's so fluffy!
2617353101_b35ecba9f3_b.jpg

Comments

• Sword Brother SoriosSword Brother Sorios Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    I would love to have one of those nutmunchers, but the piggy looks very Sus.
    Sorios.gif
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Giant raccoon. I want a mount that looks like a 19th century robber. 😬
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    well on mounts its hard to say cause i would like they be like the creatures that are in the game itself but for that more creatures needs to make their way in the game to decide. but i can emagin that out of the armored armor stands evolves a chooper somehow.

for alpha i would like to see and test one of the glideing mounts
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The right answer is a Warg. Nothing like a giant horse sized wolf with glowing red says to spark fear in your enemies hearts.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • VeyrahVeyrah Member
    Giant spider, giant centipede, giant snail, giant stag beetle (make it able to glide with the big beetle wings!!)

Big rat, big furret, capybara, elephant, hippo, panda, moose (pls).

Big salamander (swim based), big lizard (quick on land, though there are waterwalking ones that speed up and walk on top of water, could be cool.)
  • VeyrahVeyrah Member
    Asraiel wrote: »
    well on mounts its hard to say cause i would like they be like the creatures that are in the game itself but for that more creatures needs to make their way in the game to decide.

It is likely that many of the in-game creatures are derived off typical mythical beasts or real animals so we can just think about animals that would make good mounts right.
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How about Mimics, or more animated objects as Mounts?
    It would be pretty awesome to have a badass looking Walking Throne as a Mount.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Gelatinous Cube mount, please.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really want a hell pig mount. It's the only other thing I'd consider riding other than my flailrunner and undecided aquatic mount.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I personally want drakes. Wingless dragons have always been cool as ground mounts.

Would also love a skeleton steed with black plate armour on it.... or better, dyeable armour.
  • Have you thought of serf mounts? People who serve you and carry you around.

66a0253d-837d-4967-b1a2-c048cee0db5f.jpg
    That's an awesome idea!
    Giant star-nosed Mole, for the under realm.
    Golem Mounts that let you ride on their shoulder could be rather fun, and then you smash things with huge golem fists or weapons.
  • Teyloune wrote: »
    Golem Mounts that let you ride on their shoulder could be rather fun, and then you smash things with huge golem fists or weapons.

reminds me of the golems planned for sieges where Steven mentioned you'd be able to sit in a cavity when controlling it.

Instant flash back of Krang from TMNT inside his robot creations. lol
  • GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like a giant fluffy rabbit.

I would be willing to accept a compromise with a slightly violent-looking rabbit like the Hopping Gnashers currently in the game, but it's gotta be fluffy.
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I missed out on the limited fire fox pack :(
    So yeah, all I want in life is some form of fox (not green pls) so I can get distracted by cute yips <3
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
    edited February 2022
    How about a Penguin-inspired Mount?

The Penguin's specialty could be, that it can slide down slopes on its belly - like hills and mountainsides as an example, and you can gain some pretty decent speed on those.

You may be able to use the speed you've gained, and channel it into a mount combat ability to slam into creatures or players, and cause some crowd control effects and damage.

This Mount could potentially be amazing on specific locations that for ambushes. Players would have to think more about the Environment they are in, and try to use it to their advantage.

The ability to slide down hills and mountains on the penguins belly could also be part of some really fun mount races.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    More silly than glorious
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar as mounts.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Skeletal horse imo.

Fits the necro feel of this thread.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Heh Heh. Wasn't there a great skeletal mount a while back? Who was the fellow always posting about undead? Miss him.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Flying spider mount! Well, gliding unless you have royal status. One of the skills should be a nice big jump. Not able to traverse node/castle walls unless flying though, that would be OP.
  • VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited February 2022
    Boars? I'll take one if it's demonic and on fire.
    Then add some armor.
    Then turn it into a mount-component and tug it onto a caravan.

A heavy-armored-demonic-hellboar chariot! \o/

Now, go rollover all those filthy player-bandits and deliver my goods safely!! \o/
  • Walrus as an aquatic mount. It would be slow on land and fast in water. They could have a charge or bite ability in combat.
  • I really like the idea of a slime mold mount for the Tulnar.
  • I love the fluffy wild boar mount. I would love a giant hedgehog mount, a giant ball of spikey doooooom!
  • I'd really like an Anteater. Huge long snout, massive claws. It'd be great!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • A mammoth like the LOTR elephant except a mammoth,
    I really want a mount that I stand on when mounted instead of siting
    Tarantula-esque mount, with a web spinning ability that let's you drop into caves/trenches/large drops. And maybe a gliding spider with a cute web parachute.