Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream, Alpha One Giveaway, and Q&A Submission! - Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:30AM PDT

edited August 2021 in Announcements
QA-1920.gif

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:30AM PDT, featuring our latest development updates and an Alpha One giveaway! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update live stream and giveaway! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

----
❗Check out our July Development Update for the latest information! https://youtu.be/U3WrvtnSMiM

🧡 Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel and leave a comment about why you deserve Alpha One access by August 2nd, 2021 at 1PM Pacific for a chance to be one of 10 lucky winners!
community_management.gif

Comments

• MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    We know Death Penalties won't apply to Events such as Caravans and Sieges.

The only examples given so far are for PvP based Events, will Death Penalties apply to PvE ones such as open world raids and/or mob attacks on cities?
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    Could you please provide specific information about Divine and Military Node Type unique building details across the various Node Advancement stages that are ready for disclosure?
  • Big HI to all the team :-).The bosses in raids ,will always have the same abilities ,or if we facing them on a high difficult they can have more skills or maybe some new phases ?ty
  • AltiiAltii Member
    Are there any plans to make acitve spells from primary archetype change animations/appearance/looks based on augments we apply to them? Keep up the good work... Huge fan!
  • Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    Can you confirm whether OCE and SEA will have separate servers?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Are there any plans to prevent 500+ member guilds from registering 250 of their own people to their castle defense siege? (i.e. Guild A has a 250-member subguild not in an alliance and has a castle. They register their subguild to attack the castle and now any other guild can't register for it)
  • McShaveMcShave Member
    edited July 2021
    Alpha-1 seems to be progressing very smoothly, with fewer bugs and crashes and updates coming out quite frequently. As we eventually start progressing into an Alpha-2, what features do you plan to start working on first (races, classes, etc.)?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited July 2021
    How early in the game will we be able to own a ship? (perhaps a small boat at the beginning?)
    signature.png
  • I am really curious if there is any systems that the team need to cancel?
    Or would the team say everything is en-route?
  • KirizuneKirizune Member
    edited July 2021
    Big hello to the ashes team and you guys are doing great job so keep it up. <3
    So Currently from what I have seen in the alpha, things feel very out of place and the scale of things for some reason doesn't make sense, Is it some weird camera or perspective issue or something related to the shading or the world size. The scale of things in the 2017 Pre alpha was closer to something like BDO and new world and the camera was much closer giving a survival game feeling. So what lead to the games current design choice on this weird scaling ?
  • Will GMs offer protection to Roleplaying events to stop people from showing up and spamming text to block out interaction between roleplayers?
  • EmbaEmba Member
    edited July 2021
    Duel-wielding shields or 2 handed shields?
  • GarMrGarMr Member
    Will AoC have a Linux client?
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Back in March 2017 you had yet to decide on the use of API and how extensively you would like to make information available. Have you come any closer in regards to what you will allow players to extract, if anything?
  • GrumGrum Member
    Really enjoying in-game VOIP in other MMORPGs (New World and Mortal Online 2). Are there any plans to add VOIP to AOC? and if not, will this topic be revisited in the future?
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    How much of the planed stuff to test during Alpha one is allredy in the Alpha one to get tested out, and what is still on the list to make it in Alpha one?
    (best in Name and progress in %)

keep up the good work but never forget to take some breaks, so no Dev get burned out.
    quality over quantety is allways better specialy on creating a game.

Best regards Asraiel (pronouncing: As-rai-el)
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be underwater gathering at launch and if not can we get shallow water gathering of clams and oysters anyway, I realize this request is shellfish, but forgive me for asking so early?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• TsuboTsubo Member
    While I have a few questions, I think I'll stick with this one: We have little information on the Processing professions. What other professions are there that are either ready to push to later stages of the game, or what ones have been discussed for potential implementation?
  • Regarding the uprising of several big MMORPG contenders, and the recent allegations conercerning discriminatory corporate behaviour within Blizzard, players are suddenly being presented with the previously limited option to voice concern for sound workplace ethics. Fair to say is that this is no easy task to tackle, but i'm curious as to what the companies policy is for equal work opportunities, discriminal and sexist behaviour and if there is any planned transparency regarding this?
  • SlovSlov Member
    Fluid movement and near-instant responsiveness of my character’s actions and of players around me is key to making the gaming experience good. WoW did a great job at this. I understand that what we see now is work in progress. Can you please tell us, in your view, how many more iterations to the animations and the server tech will be required before we start to see the final version of what this part of gameplay will be upon release.
  • Do you have any way of combatting the mega-server mentality by somehow limiting character creation? Will you allow for server transfers, and if so would you consider blocking transfers to high population servers?
  • What is your plan for delivering quest objectives? Will it be the classic mmo style of click on NPC read quest text like we are currently seeing in the alpha build or do you plan to bring in voice acting and have a more interactive experience when receiving a quest?

• PunktePunkte Member
    How good can we expect movement, combat, and ability fluidity to be in Ashes? Does the team have any reference material they try to target when making passes? When can we expect to see something close to the final product in terms of the above mentioned before release? In addition, how does the team plan on tackling movement blocking or potential griefing mechanics for thinks like doorways, certain quest item locations, also also stack jumping.

Thank you,

Punkte (pronounced: Punk-tee)
  • LloydLloyd Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the underrealm be primarily dungeons, or are there plans to have node systems in the underrealm where the Tulnar are from?
    o9kwckoxlmb8.pngCurrent Member of the Gray Sentinels.
  • Has there been any concerning/positive trends that you've noticed at this stage in testing?
    E8OOol.gif
  • LittleLightzLittleLightz Member
    edited July 2021
    What experience (s) did you have that you think lead you to making or supporting this game, and how has it impacted your life? Do you think it was for the better or worse or in between? And what is your favorite animal(s) that you would like to see in-game? And what are you grateful for?
  • Will the optional quest-lines for The Others result in players gaining corruption?
    #InsectTulnar
  • ArgantisArgantis Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Thinking about future iterations of combat mechanics I would like to know more about what the goals are for the final state of the combat system.

For instance, the overswings of melee attacks after a mob dies and having to stop swinging to activate skills.

Will we be able to keep the auto attack button (Q or left mouse) depressed and simply press a skill key (1-0) to seamlessly weave skill attacks into our manual attack rotation?
  • ErodgemonErodgemon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How many bugs were reported?
  • Given that, when choosing their character's class, the player chooses their combat role - how much customization can we expect for each individual class? As an example, can Tanks choose to specialize heavily in mobility, buffing or other sort of tricks, while mantaining their main role as frontline defenders?