Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions as to cost and subscription of the game.

I have heard that the game will be a $15 dollar monthly subscription to play and i was wondering as to why that was decided. i love the idea of this game and all its content but trying to start a family and the current economy i won"t be able to play the game enough to make that subscription worth it. a one time purchase of $50 or even $60 would be worth it for the content. I'd love to be involved in the game and i have been following its development since 2019 and i'd hate to miss out on the game because of this.

Comments

• Options
    How can you afford a one time purchase of $60, but you can't afford a monthly fee of $15? You can buy 4 months of game time for $60, so, I don't see the problem. If that is still too much for you, maybe it's best to look at other games, hm?
  • Options
    Servers for MMO's generally cost a lot of money to maintain.

Pay for the locations to house them
    Pay for the equipment to run them
    Pay for the ambient temperature controls for the room (that much tech and electricity get really hot)
    Pay for people to install and maintain them
    The fee's go to funding the company and paying the employee's in addition to the cosmetic cash shop.
    There is a lot that goes into the price from costs to profit margins.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I am sure there is more but that is the just of it.
    Considering they're an indie company, they wont be able to afford them to be free as companies like Amazon have a plethora of profit margins from several industries and investors etc.
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    A monthly sub provides a steady source of money, making developing new content and managing fundings easier. Besides that, $15 is seen as a barrier high enough to prevent a portion of gold selling bots but, low enough to allow people to test out the game.

Here's a quote from Steven, addressing this topic:
    I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game.

I'm going ahead and close this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.