Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 27, 2021 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• LeonerdoLeonerdo Member
    edited August 2021
    You could answer this for any playstyle, but let's say for Crafter's specifically. What kinds of things will we be expected to do every day vs. weekly vs. once per patch?
  • How many characters do you plan on allowing a player to have on an account per server? And please tell me that more character slots won't be purchasable with real money...
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Hello :smile:

Will there be any free access for content creators / fans before the launch please ?

Thanks in advance for you answer, have a great day.

(And any clue about more flying mounts ? / Permanent housing system ?)
  • What timeframe are we looking at for the Alpha 2 to begin? What all are we looking at to test during the Alpha 2?
  • Greetings!
    According to what I've seen so far, AoC will have open world pvp zones, open world objective based pvp (caravans) and instanced siege based pvp battlegrounds (please correct me if I am wrong).
    Are there any plans of merging all or some of these modes, into a campaign based system (like eso's Cyrodiil and Imperial City)? If no, why not? If yes, how would you approach it?
    Thank you for your time! <3
  • Question to the devs: Any chance of being able to level up/get gear doing PvP content?
  • Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What has been the teams biggest takeaway from the Alpha 1 test so far? Did anything really surprise you during the test?
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • oneuproadoneuproad Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Hello,

As you have stated before, type of the nodes is going to be static and never changing, but are you planning to shuffle these on release? Because they are going to be well known after the OBTs, a shuffle would semi-prevent people knowing where to hoard on release.
  • Steven mentioned that the orc subtypes will look quite different from each other. The Ren'Kai are large and 'buff' in appearance while the Vek are "goblinesque" in appearance.

Does this mean that the Vek will be like dwarf levels of short, or just slightly shorter? How goblin are we going here, because this seems like a massive difference from the given description and when compared to the listed differences of other races.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Darkfuria wrote: »
    Big HI to all the team :-).The bosses in raids ,will always have the same abilities ,or if we facing them on a high difficult they can have more skills or maybe some new phases ?ty

This link might help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raid_bosses
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • SostheneSosthene Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    Hi devs , hi Steven,

Will the reptilian features of the tulnar be extensive , for example make something similar to a argonian from skyrim ?
  • UgoogeeUgoogee Member
    edited August 2021
    I remember you guys saying you have great talents from Planetside 2 in your development team to help with server stability.

I was wondering if you guys also have great talents that have combat mechanic backgrounds from games similar to WoW, FF14, BDO, AND games similar to Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, and God of War 2018 to help make a cohesive and satisfying Hybrid Combat system?

SIDE NOTE: I understand that I'm trying to combine totally different game genres but someone managed to mix Soccer with Jumping-Rocket-Boosted-Cars and make a successful game from it (Rocket League).
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    Will there be development related jobs available in the european office? For example jobs regarding balancing or concept design.
  • Do you consider weapon attacks to lock you into a short animation, which differs depending on the movement-input you made during that attack, and moving you accordingly? (Like in Black Desert)
  • What are the big takeaways from Alpha 1? What sort of data have you gathered and how are you using it moving forward?
  • How are the quests going to differentiate from other MMORPGs.
    Going out and killing 5 of such and such mobs is getting tedious.
    Please tell me you have some challing quests in store for everyone!!!
  • Do you think it's better to change skills/abilities on players when something is really unbalanced or change the environment/mob that those broken skills interact with?
  • Why do dwarves build such large buildings when they do not need that many materials? Like why make a doorway fit for a human when a dwarf doesn't need that much height? Are they selfless and care about the other races? Even the elves? Could dwarves have a passive that armors and weapons take like 30% less materials because they are smaller?

If a dwarf ran a tavern in a Dwarven city, are the seats dwarf size or human sized? If a dwarf went to a human bar, do they get a booster seat? These are things that keep me up at night.
    203v25h39nhr.png
    The Discord's Favorite Bingo Master
  • Specktrei wrote: »
    Why do dwarves build such large buildings when they do not need that many materials? Like why make a doorway fit for a human when a dwarf doesn't need that much height? Are they selfless and care about the other races? Even the elves? Could dwarves have a passive that armors and weapons take like 30% less materials because they are smaller?

If a dwarf ran a tavern in a Dwarven city, are the seats dwarf size or human sized? If a dwarf went to a human bar, do they get a booster seat? These are things that keep me up at night.

"The Dünir take immense pride in what they craft and what they build: fortifications that seem impregnable, warhammers that never break, or beautiful gems for their royalty are all in their repertoire."
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dünzenkell

Also, consider the Dwarven hallways in LOTR-land. They just like making everything grand.
    Another also, this RL doorway probably wasn't designed for 20-feet tall people. People like big things.
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fst.depositphotos.com%2F1679308%2F1338%2Fi%2F950%2Fdepositphotos_13380030-stock-photo-huge-door-of-the-cathedral.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • AelAel Member
    edited August 2021
    Thank you for your hard work :smile:
    Will there be some hidden quests that may bring negative consequences to the world according to the player choice ?

Ex : A player finds a kind of "cursed Grail". He can either drink it to get stronger (but it spreads corruption wherever he goes), or bring it to a divine node for the "cursed Grail" to be sealed... for a time.
    "We have two lives, and the second one begins when we set foot on Verra."
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the mount armor consist of a single slot for just barding or will there be multiple parts of mount armor?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Were the broken down houses we saw in nodes in the Alpha 1 meant to be sitting on the spaces of mansions or something that will come later, or are we going to be able to fix those up?
  • Hello! I have a question about animations.

I've noticed that when characters are moving, specifically strafing to the left, the characters will essentially run "backwards" to the left. This looks exceptionally awkward when you go from moving forward and left to just moving left. This is similar to how characters unfortunately move in Guild Wars 2.

Not that I do so often but if I was to attempt to do something similar, this is not the first way I would consider moving in this fashion.

Once more animation passes are done, will characters have proper run animations when strafing?

Thanks!
  • EkinEkin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    (Repost, since it was not answered last time)

Will there be any large scale consequences when many players in a group (guild, religion, etc.) become corrupted frequently or for extended period of time?
  • I and many other people would love to have designated RP servers. These RP servers make it possible for the rp community to find each other, and grow and develop a thriving rp hub with one another.

Please add rp servers to Ashes. Are there plans to add at least 2 or 3 RP servers?
  • ZhavZhav Member
    edited August 2021
    Hello all, thanks for the continued commitment to communication :)

I have read over the caravan system, and from my understanding the pvp flagging system does not pertain to caravans. To me this doesn’t make much sense from a risk vs reward standpoint.

What are the attackers risking when attacking a caravan as opposed to the player transporting their goods and potentially losing a portion?
  • Will there be RP servers in AoC? I've seen a few other comments here about it but it must be said that AoC has HUGE potential for roleplaying. The pvp, caravans, and node system give us the perfect opportunity for creating stories with large scale battles and wars between guilds. Stories that would shape the history of a RP server.

On the same note: with the impermanence of guild built settlements/nodes, will there be static areas like towns or cities where players/RPers can meet? Potentially neutral ground for warring guilds to interact safely or host their own peace summits?
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What do you want to focus on first in Alpha 2?
    What will be your first step?
  • truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    edited August 2021
    I have heard that when alpha 2 will come out it will include all base systems. I was wondering how much of each system should we expect? For example with nodes are you planning the different types of nodes and stages 1-6 to be around at the start of alpha 2 or at some point during the alpha 2 phase?
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    When can we expect to start hearing more about different archetypes? The last we heard was that you wanted to work on getting the combat in a better spot before working on the rest of them.
    nI17Ea4.png