Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community content within Nodes

maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
Ashes' biggest selling point is its node system.
MMO's thrive on community interaction.

There's huge opportunity to combine these for a truly novel economy unique to Ashes, and the way it ties in to Node Governments.
Not sure if there's been much discussion about this already? (is it too early to talk about this?)
What makes you feel like part of the community where you live? (irl or not)
Local Sports?
Local Tavern?
Local Festivals?
...?
I wish I were deep and tragic

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    Someone suggested having a traveling circus/fair - presumably run by other players.

Could nodes have Town Squares that citizens can book in advance to host festivals and events?
    Would this be funded by the government treasury? Or would players need to pay the government to book?
    Would we need a ticketing system to let people in/out of an ongoing event?

Would the "host" be able to decorate the booked area? Or design a blueprint that the node finds materials for?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »
    Not sure if there's been much discussion about this already? (is it too early to talk about this?)

I feel it's too early to talk about this, since the latest reveal from the Livestream indicates that the Node system isn't actually anywhere near as far along as we mistakenly concluded from their other content.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.