Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Culinary Arts~

I simply wish to know how cooking/baking will play out within Ashes. I understand you have to gather/catch each part of the meal you're trying to create. Your main node will end up heavily influencing what type of food you can make. Thus I've come up with a few suggestions for aspiring chefs within Ashes based on real world locations (NOTE: this will be updated when I have new information to better inform our new cooks).

</strong>Location:<strong>
Your Location will heavily impact the types of food you can prepare. Based on the knowledge we currently have of Ashes, I believe the best bet for chefs would to try and find an economic type Coastal node. This way you have access to fresh seafood, as well as hunting lands a little ways inland. This gives you access to a more diverse menu and palette. I suggest an Economic type because as a Metropolis you get access to a much larger market network. This means you have an even wider range of buyers and sellers.

</strong>Preperation:<strong>
Much like the real world, you'll want to test out your dish before just handing it off to customers. A bad dish can potentially ruin your reputation. When doing this I suggest keeping a list of all the combinations you try, include every ingredient and cooking technique in the order that you've used them. If you want to go the extra mile, you can also keep track of the coordinates of which you found the ingredient.

</strong>Selling of your product:<strong>
To effectively sell your products after you've tested them, find a stall in town to set up shop, try to keep the same area as frequently as possible so you're easier to find. This will increase the chances of your customers recommending you to their friends or guildmates. Make sure that you have reasonable pricing (the sum of your ingredients divide by 1.5 tends to work nicely for me in other games).

</strong>BEST OF LUCK:<strong>
As I stated before, once I have more information I will be updating this guide regularly so that it better reflects a guide :D I can't wait to see all your cooking creations once we have access to ashes. <3 best of look my culinary companions

~Paizu Han,
The Infallible Healer

Comments

• oh yeah, feel free to leave your own thoughts here. Anything you feel is important to cooking will do. <3
  • I enjoyed reading this. Well done on the thought planning :")
  • Aha I love it ^^
    I particularly like your stall idea ^^ Can create a food market street with a selection of different food from different nodes like once a week for an event aha ^^
  • some more ideas from me! food contests and having exotic spices used to improve your dish
  • It'd be great if the citizens (NPCs) of a node would react to the type and quality of food provided. Steven already stated that some quests related to node development would require food supplies for the NPCs.
    Guess what would happen if you sneak into a hostile node and supply bad food to them :P
  • Oh my gosh! You guys are giving me ideas I didn't even think of!!!!!! I hope one of the devs potentially look at this, it'd make me super happy.
  • While I admire the tactics, I am currently interested in the theory behind it all.

Like how it was, somewhat, metioned that different locations would have different <strong>set</strong> amounts of resources, meaning that you would either have to travel to different locations to find a cheaper price or hope that a trade route opens up that carries the thing you are in need of.
    I dont know how detailed this will be, but it will make shop management a bit more interesting.

Also want to know if our food will be able to have random buffs/debuffs that can be applied and if the number will increase depending on the chef's cooking level.
  • @SleepyDrifter you don't have to travel yourself or wait for a trade route. You can actively make personal trade arrangements with other gatherers, offering yourself in advance as buyer, giving them certainty that their stuff is sold easily, and you have certainty that you get resources you need without time loss.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/the-culinary-arts/#post-31743">Gothix wrote:</a></div><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/users/sleepydrifter/" rel="nofollow">@sleepydrifter</a> you don’t have to travel yourself or wait for a trade route. You can actively make personal trade arrangements with other gatherers, offering yourself in advance as buyer, giving them certainty that their stuff is sold easily, and you have certainty that you get resources you need without time loss.

</blockquote>

Got to keep your sources hidden then! Remember! Shared market - less buyes, lower price! ^^
  • @Gothix I am highly aware of that, I was just giving examples of different veriables to take into account, and I even pointed it out myself. lol