Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 24, 2021 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Infos took from AOC wiki:
    1) Royal mounts are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated through the Animal husbandry profession for artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold.[3] The eggs themselves also have a lifetime

2) Royal stables are a type of building in Ashes of Creation

As Royal mounts are reserved to them only will Mayors be able to "hire" players that are artisans in Animal husbandry to work in the city using the city's stable to cultivate the eggs and therefore regular pay these artisans or other type of artisans to do specific jobs for the city? (like some sort of patron)

• edited September 2021
    luv u steven
  • XerheartXerheart Member
    edited September 2021
    What is your philosophy or design goals in dealing with a mega/zerg guilds that just dominate everything on a server? Do you think guilds like this are inevitable with the type of MMO you are designing? Or are you actively working on ways for one guild to have this much power?

-Xerheart, Ashes of Peepo

• Hello everyone at the Intrepid team!

My question is about classes. Steven mentioned in a previous interview that he'd like to get the character creator out early so players can spend time creating them so they're ready to go on day one.

My question is; Will the same thing or something similar be applied to classes since there are quite alot of them? There are many players like me, who are interested in far more than one.

Thank You So Much!
    -Swinkyy
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would you please discuss the incentives regarding players disrupting and ultimately blocking a caravan. Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the server's population by and large for caravans to succeed so that a node can reach Metropolis status?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • Hi !

Any changes on craft system ? Can you give us more informations ?
  • will there be cut scenes and instanced quests related to the story?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be an Autoface for combat that could be optional?
    Autoface = you turn to face your target
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Haven't heard anything on the Seasons changing in game in quite a while; is this still a thing... and if so, can we see some screenshots or video of the changing seasons of an area? Piggy-back question, will we see extreme weather like thunderstorms or blizzards?

Something new, I remember the video from several years back. :)
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can buffs/debuffs interact with each other? For example bleed+poison=cursed.
  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    will pineapple pizza be a legendary recipe?
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • SentSent Member
    edited September 2021
    Will arena PvP match players from different servers?
  • There are six cosmetics in the Voyager Plus (and higher) pre-order packs, once Beta One starts and these packs are unavailable, will the number of cosmetics in the other pre-order packs increase?
  • Kind of a two parter here, but they're related I swear.

Can we possibly get some more examples of augments in action to see how much they can "radically change" and ability. Or examples of some more augment schools for other archtypes.

But that question just feeds into my main question. Will there be any shifting of roles from one to another for some archetypes? For example, will any combination of x/tank be able to tank if they lean heavily into their secondary augments and are built and geared to do so?
  • FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Member, Alpha One
    Greetings to Intrepid Studio,
    I have a question regarding citizenship and the perks that comes with it. Will the perks consist only of what the node type special building gives when build and how will it interact with players not citizen of that node? Will they only be able to use non-type related buildings (like a market) or could they use a limited amount of bonuses from that node?.

Thank you
  • ExcalicaExcalica Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Greetings,

i have a huge question who hasn't been answered (or i don't find it).
    In the last tests the Monsters are on fix spawnpoints in less variations. I like the old Gothic games from Piranha Bytes.
    So do you plan to randomize the monsterpopulation and monsterlevels on the map in a future game state?
    phoenX_Member.png
  • Nova OrdemNova Ordem Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    Hi everyone,
    Is there any chance we can get a persistant alpha 2 server by Q1 2022?
    Luv from Brazil!
  • Is there a technical reason we can't have both root-motion and split-body melee attacks seen in the A/B melee combat mode tested in Alpha 1 - for heavier and lighter attacks respectively?
  • A question about your character spawn upon login, in regards to quick-travel:

While it's a stated goal for AoC to avoid quick-travel where possible, will there be an option to spawn at your Freehold when logging in, if you were far enough away from it, upon logging out?

• MayhemMayhem Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Will there be an option to boost your character to max lvl at some point (only during testing) so people can test different classes and augments easier and not have to manually level every class they want to test?
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    Day Cycle
    During Alpha One, the sun rose constantly.

Question:
    - Will we see a full day and night cycle with different lunar stages in Alpha 2?
    - Will it be constant or non-constant cycles that are correlated with IRL?
    Weather
    During Alpha One, the weather seemed to be stable sunny with some clouds.

I didn't care as the IRL summer in my country was cold and rainy so it felt good to have a little sunshine in the game.

Question:
    - Will we see weather and seasons in Alpha 2?
    Question Open World Dungeons
    - Will there be Open World Dungeons that leads to diffrent areas of the map like under mountains or ocean?

Like the Mines of Moria in Lord of the Rings
    Question Nodes
    - Will there be some of the 118 Nodes located underground only accesseble via open world dungeons or cavemazes?
    Regards
    Asraiel
    pronouncing (As-rai'el)
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asraiel wrote: »
    Day Cycle
    During Alpha One, the sun rose constantly.

Question:
    - Will we see a full day and night cycle with different lunar stages in Alpha 2?
    - Will it be constant or non-constant cycles that are correlated with IRL?
    Weather
    During Alpha One, the weather seemed to be stable sunny with some clouds.

I didn't care as the IRL summer in my country was cold and rainy so it felt good to have a little sunshine in the game.

Question:
    - Will we see weather and seasons in Alpha 2?
    Question Open World Dungeons
    - Will there be Open World Dungeons that leads to diffrent areas of the map like under mountains or ocean?

Like the Mines of Moria in Lord of the Rings
    Question Nodes
    - Will there be some of the 118 Nodes located underground only accesseble via open world dungeons or cavemazes?
    Regards
    Asraiel
    pronouncing (As-rai'el)

They prefer just one question and simple-short.
  • It was said ‘’We’re going to be breaking up what is traditionally called ‘questing’ into three different categories: Narratives, Events, and Tasks.’’
    Will all the 3 types of ‘quests’ be given by NPCs or is there a specific location for each of those. e.g. a notification board in town for ‘tasks’, some sort of announcement for ‘events’ and NPCs for ‘narratives’.
    signature.png
  • unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be systems that will be in place to prevent ranged classes from dominating large scale PvP such as castle sieges, and if so what are some examples?
  • Kind of a two parter here, but they're related I swear.

Can we possibly get some more examples of augments in action to see how much they can "radically change" and ability. Or examples of some more augment schools for other archtypes.

But that question just feeds into my main question. Will there be any shifting of roles from one to another for some archetypes? For example, will any combination of x/tank be able to tank if they lean heavily into their secondary augments and are built and geared to do so?

I second this question
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • @SirChancelot11 Just posting this as my question in case they count yours as 2

Will there be any shifting of roles from one to another for some archetypes? For example, will any combination of x/tank be able to tank if they lean heavily into their secondary augments and are built and geared to do so?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    @SirChancelot11 Just posting this as my question in case they count yours as 2

You rock dude!
  • Is there any system in place to stop rich and powerful players to just walk into random nodes and just get the positions
  • Are you finally set on when were going to get more information on Divine / Military node detailed progress stages?
    S3gcPiA.jpg
  • TruhhstyTruhhsty Member
    edited September 2021
    Hello!

I am super excited for an MMORPG that has a lot of content, and from what I have seen, this game looks like it has so much potential to become truly unique in the space.

My question(s) are:

Will there be in-depth questing that isn't just about going from point A to point B and back? Puzzle and riddle based questing with intricate mechanics would be amazing!

Will there be passive skills not related to combat? Woodcutting, mining, smithing, hunting, etc.

Thank you!