Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please, Please let us have the 3M goal Stock Exchange

Ok so let's be realistic, we are close to 3M dollars but it does look like it will be a little bit short...I am seeing we finish around 2.9M with 3 days left. Really hoping this little bit of shortcoming does not mean we will not see the stock exchange at launch. I am personally psyched for this feature...there is a whole community of us economists...we love commerce, we love trading and we love a little bit of gamble. This feature really excites me and it would be upsetting if we don't get this at release because we are a little bit short.

Thoughts?

Comments

• The manner in which Steve and crew talked up this feature up leads me to believe it will be in the game regardless of hitting the stretch goal - If the goal is met it will be in at launch; the closer it is to the goal at the end of KS the earlier we'll see it added.

No fear that should the goal be missed by a dollar that we'd never see it at all. The difference between the end of KS and $3m can easily be made up in subs in the first week should the game have a successful launch.
  • No.

I'm sorry but rules are rules.

If players who wanted to back on KS (but couldn't because of the payment options) can't get KS rewards after KS ends by paying with pay pal to Intrepid directly, because of the rules and because "it would upset many players", then YOU CAN'T HAVE 3M REWARD IF YOU DON'T REACH 3M!

Ok?

If you do get it without reaching 3M <strong>It will upset me</strong>.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/please-please-let-us-have-the-3m-goal-stock-exchange/#post-31441">Gothix wrote:</a></div>No.

I’m sorry but rules are rules.

If players who wanted to back on KS (but couldn’t because of the payment options) can’t get KS rewards after KS ends by paying with pay pal to Intrepid directly, because of the rules and because “it would upset many players”, then YOU CAN’T HAVE 3M REWARD IF YOU DON’T REACH 3M!

Ok?

</blockquote>

That makes zero sense. The KS backer rewards are exclusive to KS backers, the stock exchange if reached is for everyone.
  • I am sure it will be implemented at a later date.
  • [quote]
    [/quote]

Intrepid Studios will be making the "rules". While you are free to voice your opinion I cannot see the value in not implementing this feature should KS fall just short of the $3m goal.

If the "rules are the rules" and the goal is missed by one dollar should it then be an exception? And if a dollar how about ten? One hundred? One thousand? Where do you draw the line?

I will sleep easy at night leaving this in Steve and crew's able hands.
  • <blockquote>

1. Intrepid Studios will be making the “rules”.

2. If the “rules are the rules” and the goal is missed by one dollar should it then be an exception? And if a dollar how about ten? One hundred? One thousand? Where do you draw the line?

</blockquote>

1. In that case they can also offer all KS rewards after KS ends to people that will pay with pay pal over Intrepid website.

2. I draw the line at 0$ 0 cents, if 3M isn't reached, no 3M reward
  • If they believe it will add an important mechanic to the game it will get implemented eventually. If they feel it would be a fun little gimmick but not add more depth or structure to the game then maybe not
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/please-please-let-us-have-the-3m-goal-stock-exchange/#post-31441">Gothix wrote:</a></div>No.

If players who wanted to back on KS (but couldn’t because of the payment options) can’t get KS rewards after KS ends by paying with pay pal to Intrepid directly, because of the rules and because “it would upset many players”, then YOU CAN’T HAVE 3M REWARD IF YOU DON’T REACH 3M!

Ok?

</blockquote>

You're still upset over not being able to back on KS? Get over it man.
  • i think goth is looking at the kickstarter from a different angle compared to the devs u gotta remember the devs know what there doing i mean they are geniuses in there respected fields and the stock exchange will be added in regardless if it doesn't reach 3m its not a primary mechanic that they will focus on right away.
    Think of the kickstarter as a list, everything that's been reached is on this list of stuff they will focus on getting into the game before alpha or during alpha for testing before its launched.
    As for the stock exchange that could be added in after or before launch, you have to remember as well how Intrepid defines these "rules" as well you think they could mean one thing or they could mean something else, that's something that Intrepid would have to confirm for you.
    And you have to remember as well they have a lot of work to attend and focus on with building ashes of creation some areas may need more focus then others like core game mechanics as well as graphics, npcs and debugging.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/please-please-let-us-have-the-3m-goal-stock-exchange/#post-31461">Gothix wrote:</a></div><blockquote>
    1. Intrepid Studios will be making the “rules”.

2. If the “rules are the rules” and the goal is missed by one dollar should it then be an exception? And if a dollar how about ten? One hundred? One thousand? Where do you draw the line?

</blockquote>
    1. In that case they can also offer all KS rewards after KS ends to people that will pay with pay pal over Intrepid website.

2. I draw the line at 0$ 0 cents, if 3M isn’t reached, no 3M reward

</blockquote>

I bet you are super fun at parties....
  • Due to the possible lack of funding, I'm still pretty sure we'll get the "Stock Exchange" stretch goal as a major content update after the release.
    This has its own benefits. People can develope nodes, focus on the current main game aspects.

Ok?

LOL Good lord.
    </blockquote>
  • It shouldn't be added right away and I dont think it will, but yeah, maybe down the road.

I could only see it as a "backhanded compliment" (for lack of better wording).I mean yeah, you still get all the content, but people who backed would feel like there might not have been any point to funding the game if we were still going to get everything in the end. lol
    Though if done later down the road and writting it off as using the money from subsctiptions to fund the 3M reward as an update, then I wouldn't think anyone would question it.
  • The Stock Exchange is a stretch goal; not a backer reward.
    The devs will implement it if they have the funds to do so - even if they miss the 3M goal.
  • Check my last post in my thread about 3M goal. I explained it there. ;)
  • I'm still amazed at the amount raised in such a short time it's just a shame it not advertised much
  • I think we'll hit 3 million. The last 3 days usually see a boost in moneys.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/please-please-let-us-have-the-3m-goal-stock-exchange/#post-31715">seronic wrote:</a></div>I think we’ll hit 3 million. The last 3 days usually see a boost in moneys.

</blockquote>

We'll see about that.