Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

revenants and liches

As you may have guessed by my name and profile picture, I'm a huge fan of the undead in games and fiction. After looking at the races and the classes I fell in love with the summoner. I'm not sure if as a sub class you could make it so you could become a full necromancer with the power to raise the dead which would be amazing. the other thing is an idea I had about death in games like these. If you die so many times and you are a certain class such as a tank = wrath or a mage/ summoner = lich you could become a undead where you would get unique bonuses and weakness such as healing does damage and you have high life steal or the ability to chill people around you but take more damage from fire. if this is too much I understand but it's something I find no RPG has yet archived to the degree of DnD.

Comments

• I'd rather just see some cosmetic skins for that rather than have it be intrinsically tied to an archetype.
    Possibly available through the Scholars Academy social progression.

The devs aren't going to let players play permanently as monsters, in terms of healing spells dealing damage to a player character.
    But, we can probably expect some form of lich as a monster players can control during monster coin events.
  • Well I can always hope the add something even if it's necromancers
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/revenants-and-liches/#post-31700">nagash wrote:</a></div>Well I can always hope the add something even if it’s necromancers

</blockquote>

Steven has said "necromancer may be a combination ;)"
  • Steven has said "necromancer may be a combination ;)"
  • I think there will be a class combo for Necromancer and seems likely there will be a skin for Lich. yes.
  • Well then the time for the undead legions is about to start then 
  • To me they should just go ahead make a undead races and classes.
  • @Lifetree you and me both but I can only wait for them to say that the would make one
  • nagash said:
    @Lifetree you and me both but I can only wait for them to say that the would make one
    At DeathsProxy channel some one ask them about vampire and werewolf races and they reply "possible" so it may seen they going to make it. And also in the livestream about more classes they said "possible and probable".
  • You have just made my day  :D
  • Oh yes please!
  • Ainz my lad how are you ^^
  • Ah well shit you know, Madhouse hasn't released Season 2 yet so it's kinda dull
  • That is a shame but the books are still a great read if you have not already read them 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I've been planning to, but haven't done it yet :p
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    remove the space in the middle and you can read the books from one to 10 I think http://skythewood.blogspot .co.uk/p/knights-and-magic-author-amazake-no.html