Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be chat bubbles above the characters heads in game?

WolvesWolves Member
edited October 2021 in Support & FAQ
I love it and its so immersive when talking with someone face to face. Party only chat bubbles, and local radius chat bubbles need to be in game. It takes u out of the moment looking over to a spam filled chat box nonstop.

Good to pop above our head so we can see who said what while in battle or a group like if they need help or heals or something or if we just want ti be immersive with a friend and explore

Comments

• We will have chat-bubbles. Yours truly specifically wanted this, too, and so had taken special note of this mention in one of the monthly update videos.

I don't recall if they are going to be optional. Have always found that games feel dead, without them.

• ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    As @Tyranthraxus noted, there will be chat bubbles and those can be turned on or off.
    Here's the wiki article:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/In_game_chat#Chat_bubbles

I'm going ahead and close this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.