Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

City under the mountain. Can be possible?

I just rewatched the three movies of tlotr and any time I see the Moria part I just love it. Will Intrepid let us to do a metropolis city under a mountain? Of course if is a Dunir metropolis city is better.

Comments

• A node in a mountain would be cool. Don't forget the under dark is a thing, with a couple nodes down there.

Speaking of, I wonder how those nodes' ZoI will effect the surface ones if at all.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cities in the Underrealm, yes.
    I think there won't be cities under mountains.
    Dunir Castles may be partially in a mountain.
    We'll see.
  • McShaveMcShave Member
    edited October 2021
    At the time of lotr, those dwarven cities were long abandoned. Some could say they turned into dungeons...

Also shoutout to the Eragon book series for having cool dwarven underground cities.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I definitely want an underrealm metropolis on my server. I might roll a character on a different server just to go and experience one, if none are on my own
  • Yes on Dwarven kingdoms at the deepest roots of the mountains.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Yes! And, we should put all the dwarfs there, and then shut and lock all the gates! Perfect! :)B)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would be cool to see a node that was built in a hollowed out mountain. I could see it happening.
    I am not sure whether it will happen, but I think it would be sweet.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • If we dig a channel from the sea to the 100km2 underground area will the Tulnar finally take a bath?
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Yes, we want Moria, mithril mines... and a balrog too.

I mean if Intrepid just recreated Middle Earth I wouldn't be mad.
  • I would be happy with an Ironforge-like city, and it would be fun to live there.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • BaSkA13 wrote: »
    I would be happy with an Ironforge-like city, and it would be fun to live there.

me too :) aprove
  • Haha Dwarves dig a city under a mountain right in middle of a nest of angry dragon. They get traped and all die there XD
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ptitoine wrote: »
    Haha Dwarves dig a city under a mountain right in middle of a nest of angry dragon. They get traped and all die there XD

If dwarves dig deep enough they will find the tulnar underealm lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    wait...

is Balrog a Tulnar?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »
    wait...

is Balrog a Tulnar?

No.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Yes! And, we should put all the dwarfs there, and then shut and lock all the gates! Perfect! :)B)

Yeah, and throw in the Tulnar down there for good measure.
  • Roland wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Yes! And, we should put all the dwarfs there, and then shut and lock all the gates! Perfect! :)B)

Yeah, and throw in the Tulnar down there for good measure.

You're a true gentleman, sir!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it would be cool if on start the undermountain nodes were locked till you do a questline to purge it off monsters.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it would be cool if the mountains have snow caps lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Dwarves could start at an underrealm city and advance out to see the upper world.