Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question for the Sound Tech folks! -Mount footfall

EonaEona Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
Hello! This question is for the sound tech folks! While Steve has been showcasing the horses, I have noticed that the sounds that the horses hooves make don't change based on the terrain. Will this be changed in further content? I am really hoping it will! I love to rp with the horse slowly parading down a brick lined street, trodding over wooden bridges, and finally clopping off onto the dirt packed road of the homestead, after a hard fought victory. There is nothing quite like the ringing of the hooves heralding in on the weary heroes returning home.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My expectation would be that this would come some time during beta.

A worthwhile question to ask, though.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    I doubt any sound tech folks from Intrepid will answer here, but I do agree with wanting any type of footstep sound be appropriate to the surface they land on, and the material of the foot. :smile:
  • GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Both mounted and on-foot footfall having proper sound differences based on terrain makes a big difference to immersion. It's a good deal of work, but it's a lot more jarring when it's not present. I don't expect this until much later, but having it for both mounts and for different kinds of footwear (leather boots making a different sound from plate armor, etc.) is something I think is really important.
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!