Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Dying of the Light

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited November 2021 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.jpg

Standing against the heralds of corruption, the Lightpact once carried the hopes of all Verrans on their shoulders. Their flames would ultimately be dashed on the rocks of betrayal and destruction. Corruption, death, and evil now grasp and consume the light that once led the way. With the re-emergence of the Divine Gates, will the beacon of faith be set ablaze once more?

The Dying of the Light cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from October 6, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until November 3, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that The Coliseum’s Favored addons will be removed on October 6, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-10-05-the-dying-of-the-light
community_management.gif

Comments

• NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They all look really good! <3

I just really, really wish we could get some clarification on those freehold skins soon. What are we buying exactly? The rest make sense, but a light house? Can we place it inland? Coastal only? Does it light up the area? What function does the building serve? Is it instead of the house on the freehold? I mean, that would be cool to live in a light house and all. Where, what, why?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A walking graveyard mount....

SOLD!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • This is the set i have been waiting for! finally i can buy the game! This all looks soo good thank you.
  • Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is the one ive been waiting for! "FOR THE LIGHT!" Yessssssss! getting this one for sure! Cape is stellar! Earth rock mount monster heck yes! WOuld love to live in a light house! YESSSSSSSS! Would be awesome to be able to claim some small Island Land and place this there!
  • A very good-looking plate-mail-type set. The design on the cloak is awesome!

• pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited October 2021
    Is the plate mail set what the knights wore before the battle, or was it salvaged after the battle?
    It looks a bit ratty but it doesn't mention its condition in the description.

If its like new I'll buy one!

Same with the ship. The sails look unkempt. Is it a 'salvage' too, or in pristine condition?

Can we get a non-soiled Lightpact cape? Please? /me puppy eyes
    "Formed by the wise Aelan queen as she foresaw the impending darkness, the Order of the Steel Bloom consisted of specially selected knights strong of heart and valor."

Knight. Now that has a nice ring to it. Sent out on quest by the Queen herself, poor devils.

Good name for a class, eh, @Steven Sharif ?
    /me wink wink
  • WolvesWolves Member
    edited October 2021
    awww i was really looking forward and waited patiently all year to buy horror/scary themed freehold and gear for halloween season. super bummed out.
    HORROR THEME FOR HALLOWEEN SEASON:
    - freehold made of a dark green ivy covered black stone gothic tower with a fire on the roof we can climb up and hang out on next to, set in a haunted forest graveyard surrounding the tower
    - black wolf mount with a massive tail and yellow glowing eyes, and shadow animated trail effects behind him
    - grim reaper type shadow ship with a tombstone throne on it, and armored with tombstones around the edges
    - form fitting tight torn black reaper outfit for female character, and torn reaper cloak for males
    - black spider pet, or skeleton fox
    I hope they don't offer silly costumes, at least none that are cosmetics for armor.
    Costumes as costumes I don't have an issue with.
    But furry armor? Please no.
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2021
    I'm really loving this months cosmetics! Thanks for coming up with a great one Intrepid =^_^=
    That phoenix emblem on the cloak sold me ;p
    If you all keep putting out amazing cosmetics like this, ill be broke before the game even comes out =( and then wont be able to afford internet bill to play =*(

Keep up the awesome work guys! <3
    [img][/img]
  • Question:
    Can the armor be dyed? Like the yellow highlights be dayed a different color.
  • TrachtaTrachta Member
    edited October 2021
    Brys0n wrote: »
    Question:

I too am wondering if the light shining could be dyed? I would love to see it in blue, red, green, or even purple.
  • Does the armor literally make you a skeleton? I don't know if anyone noticed but their hands are skeletal, same with their ankles. So this cosmetic is also racial? Maybe it's just the art, but it looks weird.
  • Merek wrote: »
    Does the armor literally make you a skeleton? I don't know if anyone noticed but their hands are skeletal, same with their ankles. So this cosmetic is also racial? Maybe it's just the art, but it looks weird.

I'm wondering if the skeleton bit is a racial skin
    Holding off on this set until we hear some details, too many questions to spend shinies on.
  • Brys0n wrote: »
    Question:

No! For @pyreal and @Trachta :

One aspect of the game is that the "Cash Shop" - which is purely cosmetic in AoC - will purposefully NOT be the best-looking variation of an armor set. I mean, "best-looking" is relative - but the idea is to *offer* good-looking sets you can cosmetically apply to in-game items to replace their appearance; the so-called "best-looking" sets are all looted/crafted/otherwise obtained by in-game activity.

Unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it), they've already made it clear that there will not be such conventions as dye packs/re-color kits. There will, however, be variations in-game that will feature different colors, slightly-different designs on the same base-set, and the ability to mix-and-match armor sets to customize your toon.

• Brys0n wrote: »
    Question:

One aspect of the game is that the "Cash Shop" - which is purely cosmetic in AoC - will purposefully NOT be the best-looking variation of an armor set. I mean, "best-looking" is relative - but the idea is to *offer* good-looking sets you can cosmetically apply to in-game items to replace their appearance; the so-called "best-looking" sets are all looted/crafted/otherwise obtained by in-game activity.

Unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it), they've already made it clear that there will not be such conventions as dye packs/re-color kits. There will, however, be variations in-game that will feature different colors, slightly-different designs on the same base-set, and the ability to mix-and-match armor sets to customize your toon.

So all the previous armor sets from the pre-orders will be in the game as actual armor but have some variations that make them different?
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    Trachta wrote: »
    So all the previous armor sets from the pre-orders will be in the game as actual armor but have some variations that make them different?

Yes. However, I'm not sure about the exclusive skins from the Kickstarter packs etc. I would assume some of those costumes won't be in any other form.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    Trachta wrote: »
    Brys0n wrote: »
    Question:

Yes, which is a good thing. The effort that went into making the models won't be a one month only thing. Variations of the model will be available in game, but not this specific one. Not sure how far that goes, if its just colors or a little more modeling on these.
  • can I get an F in chat for the Steel bloom and Lightpact

if I understand correctly they basically died cover everyone retreat ?
  • This is the one ive been waiting for! "FOR THE LIGHT!" Yessssssss! getting this one for sure! Cape is stellar! Earth rock mount monster heck yes! WOuld love to live in a light house! YESSSSSSSS! Would be awesome to be able to claim some small Island Land and place this there!

and they said the perfect pre order pack doesn't exist
    even the lore for this pack is the best they made yet and probably will ever make
    11/10
  • it would be really cool if could see lightpact or steel bloom survivors ingame as quest givers or NPC you could talk to
  • AOCCrafterAOCCrafter Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really like that armor set. For some reason it reminds me of the destroyer that is in the Thor lore. Not sure why but that is what I thought at first glance.
    “There’s absolutely no limit to what plain ordinary working people can accomplish, if they are given the opportunity, encouragement and incentive to do their best”.
    -Mr. Sam Walton
    The end of Verra first time round couldn't have been a massive cataclysm because the cloak is mostly intact. Saying that, I have bought the cloak because I love the appearance. I don't like the skeletal hands/legs in the armour set otherwise the armour set looks gorgeous. Still, I don't want a skeleton theme for my toon.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    The end of Verra first time round couldn't have been a massive cataclysm because the cloak is mostly intact. Saying that, I have bought the cloak because I love the appearance. I don't like the skeletal hands/legs in the armour set otherwise the armour set looks gorgeous. Still, I don't want a skeleton theme for my toon.
    I'm still waiting for confirmation as to whether that's an artistic choice or part of the final set. If it is, that's odd because I thought racial skins and armor cosmetics were two different things.
    Merek wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for confirmation as to whether that's an artistic choice or part of the final set. If it is, that's odd because I thought racial skins and armor cosmetics were two different things.

I assume it is part of the costume because the Angel and Demon Skins also have physical changes to the character model. I could be wrong though, would be nice for clarification :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    Merek wrote: »

I assume it is part of the costume because the Angel and Demon Skins also have physical changes to the character model. I could be wrong though, would be nice for clarification :)

Those are considered racial skins, they apply directly to the character and don't affect armor. So you can use those then place an armor cosmetic on top. I'd honestly find it weird if the skeletal elements are part of the armor, it will definitely dampen my personal interest, that's for sure.
    yes, you are right. I had to check the wiki for the angel and demon costumes, didn't realise there were two versions lol. If we take Face of Sorrow though, the cosmetic armour does replace the character skin underneath. I don't think the whole race concept is replaced like the Angel and Demon or Fire and Ice but like Face of Sorrow I expect the effects to be skeletal. Of course, they changed Face of Sorrow after feedback to be less guts and glory and more mystical and maimed.

However, the Ebon Omen mount also changes the skin of the mount to add guts and glory or mystical and maimed. I find the descriptions and the product information to lack any real substance. I often have to wait until we see concepts in the dev updates and then I either cast the old purchases aside or accept I made a good choice.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Nerror wrote: »
    They all look really good! <3

I just really, really wish we could get some clarification on those freehold skins soon. What are we buying exactly? The rest make sense, but a light house? Can we place it inland? Coastal only? Does it light up the area? What function does the building serve? Is it instead of the house on the freehold? I mean, that would be cool to live in a light house and all. Where, what, why?

We're continuing to work with our design team to provide details on what type of freehold building each cosmetic would cover, for both past and future items!
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    pyreal wrote: »
    Is the plate mail set what the knights wore before the battle, or was it salvaged after the battle?
    It looks a bit ratty but it doesn't mention its condition in the description.

If its like new I'll buy one!

Same with the ship. The sails look unkempt. Is it a 'salvage' too, or in pristine condition?

Can we get a non-soiled Lightpact cape? Please? /me puppy eyes

Good condition, used, low miles, one-owner ;)
    community_management.gif