Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Make AOC in Unreal Engine 5!

2»

Comments

• Does it need explaining that people that care about swap to ue5 are launch hypers that will stop playing pretty quickly after they explore the world?
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Rasper NorRasper Nor Member
    edited October 2021
    I think it really depends on what is on the critical path of the project. Resources that aren't involved with the critical path of milestones have more flexibility with their time commitments.

If the team fleshing out systems and classes requires much more time, maybe taking some time for a switch of engine wouldn't actually push out the release.
  • UE5 is new. It will have teething issues that will eat up dev hours. Let others spend their resources helping Epic Games develop UE5. The right time to even consider moving to UE5 is in a few years time when it is more mature and stable. That way, if there is a perceived cost vs. performance benefit, the cost of implementation is less likely to spiral out of control.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • I rather have Vulcan support than UE5. Something OS Independent. But lets the devs decide, me using linux to play doesnt mean there is a BIG market for it.
  • JesusHealYouJesusHealYou Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Man cant bealive this was very old post and its happening WOW
  • Not just Unreal 5, @JesusHealYou ... Unreal 5.2. B)

Exciting for sure.

If you're able to steer clear of your blockchain utopia daydreams, you'll be hitting full stride.
    Blockchain is future of gaming
    Im happy that Steven make it in UE5 !!
  • Blockchain is future of gaming

If you don't mind I have a few question about that:
    How is a blockchain adding to the core principles of games?
    Or are you talking about a specific type of game - if so would you explain how that type of game is benefitting from using blockchains?
    In what way would a blockchain be implemented?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<