Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Being Banned From the AoC Discord

WarPotatoWarPotato Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I was banned from the Discord recently because I clicked on a discord phishing link and I accidentally let it get access to my Discord account and it installed a Trojan virus into my computer. It kept spamming "ayo here's some free nitro" in the server and I've been banned as a result.

I understand why I've been banned and in no way do I disagree with the actions taken by the moderation team of the discord server let alone any other server that I was banned from. Now a few weeks ago, I got rid of the Trojan virus in my computer and I stopped it from spamming the spam messages in my Discord and everything's good in my account rn.

So my question is, is there any way that I can be unbanned from the discord server and rejoin the AoC discord or am I locked out forever? I understand if people will have suspicions of me because of what "I" sent to everyone or if they won't let me back into the discord server, but I just wanted to ask to see if there were any means of redemption available to me.

Thanks for responding in advance!

Comments

• Options
    WarPotatoWarPotato Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Note: I was active in the AoC community during the Alpha One pretesting and testing season while I still had access to the discord server. I also did purchase the 500$ A1 package so I had no malicious intent towards Intrepid Studios, anybody working for Intrepid, or any members within the discord, and I genuinely did test for the A1, and want to continue helping out for future testing phases of AoC until the game is released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBZWn5wetmM

This youtube video helps perfectly explain my situation in case you haven't ever encountered these discord phishing links or have never been affected by any of them.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sure a friendly moderator or staff will be along shortly to let you know to file a ticket to appeal your ban. They frown upon people trying to discuss moderation actions in front facing public forums.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    deadmanspricedeadmansprice Moderator, Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Please send an appeal ticket through the support ticket via https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new as they will get you sorted out. @WarPotato. The moderation actions taken is entirely between yourself and Intrepid hence the support ticket.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.