Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, November 19, 2021 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• ArgantisArgantis Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    There has been a lot of talk and excitement in the player community around animal husbandry and breeding mounts. On the last dev livestream Steven showed us some variations in texture and color on potentially different breeds of mounts. Will we have the ability to cross breed and have different physical outcomes. Meaning, will the mount breeding have more of a Leggo like building block factor where we can have a different chassis, tail, head, limbs, etc.?
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Will there be a valuable reward/farm currency for PVP activity? Will it be significantly less than PvE rewards or will there be no rewards at all?

There is a PvP currency for gear enhancements, but you cannot earn gear from PVP activities. Gear is Gear in Ashes.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    Hjerim wrote: »
    If you have a gliding mount, like the griffin, can you put a skin on it so it changes to a dragon?
    Or do you need a dragon to put another dragon skin on it?

Skinning is done by Tier and Type.

So you can put any Tier 2 (Gliding) Skin on any Tier 2 Mount capable of gliding.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Hello friends at Intrepid!
    My question is about race attributes/perks? can you give us an example of what some of these will be, eg. the Nikua ? will it have some sort of sailing mechanics?
    Since there are only 50 Apartments and 8 Cottages in a Village Node, will players who claim citizenship in the Node get bonuses to their Node Exp Contributions, or will the Node need to attract more people who don't technically live in it?

So don't forget there is also Freeholds in that Node starting at Stage 3. Also, ANYONE who does ANYTHING that earns XP in the Node's ZOI contributes that XP to the Node. It is not limited to citizens.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Weapon Skills use stats other than Power (or in addition to Power) for Damage calculation, for different weapons, or will they rely entirely on their special effects to distinguish them from each other?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
    DerStrauss wrote: »
    Hey Ashes Team,

is it already decided how many combat skills each class will have? Like do we have 20+ skills like in wow/ff14 or is it more ~10 like in Alpha 1?

You will have less than 30 on your bar at any time.

You may have 30 or you may have 10 depending on how many points you put into each ability.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Will there be a luck stat? Please say no.
  • Hi Steven and Team,

Please can we have a leak for theory crafters to get their teeth into?

This could generate a discussion point for your content creators and generate forum feedback of related ideas.

It might be a detail on the subject of racial bonuses, the artisan system, world map or whatever springs to mind. Caveat the statement with "this is subject to testing" and you're covered!
    Forum_Signature.png
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Any chance we can get a sneak 'peek' at any of the official Ashes of Creation soundtrack?

If not, perhaps you could explain the instructions/direction you gave to Bear McCreary?
  • ArgantisArgantis Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    With Animal Husbandry, will be be allowed to breed pets as well as mounts? Would that be a specialty difference in the crafters where you have to choose to specialize in one or the other? Would the pets have some sort of passive buff they provide, similar to a familiar? + to skill checks etc.? Perhaps non combat or crafting related buffs? Will there be a pet battle minigame?
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As a huge fan of dual wield, what can we expect from AoC's iteration of it? And also when? Will it simply be a drag and drop to offhand? Or a single item that takes the weapon slot like in many mmos these days?
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Superplus wrote: »
    the animations and postures of our avatar have not evolved since apocalypse
    that does not seem correct

• l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you tell us what augment schools a cleric will have, and about how many schools each class will give?
  • Hello! As a fan of the Undead and Necromancy, I was wondering if we'll be able to see any form of Liches and such in the game, and will we be able to play as one? Maybe through a Phylactery skill-tree from the necromancer class or something of that sort. Would love to either play as one or interact with them throughout the world.
  • Can you guys comment on the current PvE system (namely raids) and its implications for the stereotypical 'raid progression teams'? Will the current PvE system support a progression-based raid team for guilds? At the moment all of the raid variables, including time of availability, are adjusted based on regional nodes. This seems to work against the formation of a 'classic raid team'.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Typhon wrote: »
    Will crafted gear/items display the name of who made it? So that they can build up a reputation as a crafter

I must say that when I was playing eso and I needed an item I couldnt yet craft
    Peith wrote: »
    Can you guys comment on the current PvE system (namely raids) and its implications for the stereotypical 'raid progression teams'? Will the current PvE system support a progression-based raid team for guilds? At the moment all of the raid variables, including time of availability, are adjusted based on regional nodes. This seems to work against the formation of a 'classic raid team'.

Work against? But the game isnt designed for repetitive instanced runs. Why should it catter to it?
  • What's going to be the biggest challenge for the studio in bringing Alpha-2 forward?
  • JamieKaosJamieKaos Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be various end game armor sets for each armor type? Everyone knows that the true end game of MMOs is fashion and I would love to have various options to how my character looks, using in-game achievable sets. Do we know how many different sets there may for each type of armor?
    r0jyzz3tdhj5.png
  • hello all, on the 24 hour live stream there was mention on the ashes board game, is there any update on that and is there any chance on a sneak peak?
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious AoC community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Typhon wrote: »
    Will crafted gear/items display the name of who made it? So that they can build up a reputation as a crafter

I must say that when I was playing eso and I needed an item I couldnt yet craft
    Peith wrote: »
    Can you guys comment on the current PvE system (namely raids) and its implications for the stereotypical 'raid progression teams'? Will the current PvE system support a progression-based raid team for guilds? At the moment all of the raid variables, including time of availability, are adjusted based on regional nodes. This seems to work against the formation of a 'classic raid team'.

Work against? But the game isnt designed for repetitive instanced runs. Why should it catter to it?

A rather large part of PvE content in mmorpg's has historically been raid progression. I understand that the goal of ashes is to move away from 'the endless grind'. I'm not asking them to make this the system or cater to my desires. The game doesn't need to 'cater' to anybody. Nor am I asking for content that ALL players must engage in. I'm simply asking if there is any current plan to give those wishing to engage in a progression based PvE system the opportunity to do so?

Because as of this moment in my knowledge, the current PvE system does not support guilds creating or having progression raid teams due to all the variables involved in the Raid-Node relationship.
  • SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2021
  • DezzRevasDezzRevas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to unlock color pallets we can apply to gear like eso does?
  • ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have you thought about having a directional nameplate system similar to New Worlds where you don't see a name pop over another player or npc unless they are within a focus of your direction? It would add great levels of immersion to the world and could deepen pvp with setting ambushes and such if prone players had to be within an even tighter focus angle to have the nameplate show up.

Think of having a swamp cosmetic skin with like 15 others all around trees and watching people get spooked when then pan the screen seeing the names pop up when they thought they where alone.
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • for me the most important update will be the combat update, I am really interested to get know what the combat will look like, especially melee since it's the hardest to make viable. Most MMOs tend to make melee obsolete to certain degree compared to ranged classes
    I also want to see how they'll make action combat work, them creating a hybrid system sounds really cool and I can't wait to see what they come up with
  • TrickrTreatTrickrTreat Member
    edited November 2021
    Hi all ,

I'd like to know if there'll be a Mage + a Archetype combination , that will have DoT (damage over time) base spells like Affliction Warlock from World of Warcraft , or if u intend to create such a play style class ?!

Thank you.
    ftkpz7pggl2a.jpg
  • Alpha 1's main focus seemed to be server stability and core mechanics. What are the main things you would like the Alpha 2 testers to focus on during our time in Verra?

Dunir for life!!
    Balding but not old
  • wollzwollz Member
    edited November 2021
    what systems are you planning to use to keep the servers stable at launch.
  • DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will alchemy recipes be hidden? So hypothetically I test out a few different ingredients and make a good potion out of some combination.. can i keep it like a personal secret, almost? Or will the whole system be open for the world to see?