Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
all problems reported
are solved by the passage to ue5
this post has no more reason to exist
๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha 1?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2021
    I would like steven to take 2 minutes to say clearly during the next dev blog, if the current result is satisfactory, or if the team plans to work on the subject?

Lol. They're still working on EVERYTHING.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • I hope they nail this by release, because yeah, its a bit bad at the moment, some characters and mounts don't even match the floor, they float by some centimiters. I know it's alpha 1 guys, but people has the right to ask, don't get defensive, we want a good game.
  • Marcet wrote: ยป
    some characters and mounts don't even match the floor, they float by some centimiters

Was it a Flying/Gliding Mount, by any chance...?! :p
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It has been talked about in several live streams that it is only first pass on a lot of this kind of thing. Trouble is many people don't understand development and think that the devs snap their fingers and poof stuff happens. Go back several months right before alpha one launched and look at the threads talking about what to expect. This may be a new person that doesn't realize where Intrepid is at in the development cycle. But asking them to commit to a two minute video to address a concern of any kind that has nothing to do with base systems that were tested during alpha one seems uninformed.
    This stuff will be fixed later.
    They know. Listen to them talk when showing game play during the love streams. They see it and know that it needs fixed but that it much later down the road vs making sure all the basic behind the scenes systems work. Be a shame to be working on the trim pieces in your house before the foundation is done.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • I actually think to the contrary :D Things have progressed, just not fast enough.
  • I actually think to the contrary :D Things have progressed, just not fast enough.

They're always advertising for new recruits. Why don't you apply as a programmer and help to speed them along?
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What if Steven says: "The movement Animations are done."?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Well I don't know what u expect from a game that entered in a development Alpha 4 months ago.
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif

They're always advertising for new recruits. Why don't you apply as a programmer and help to speed them along?

Not from the US, so not gonna hire me even if I knew the tech stack needed for animation and rigging. You can talk all you want about how cool the US is, but when it comes to hiring it's the same as the rest of the world. At my last job I applied to a position in a UK company. After 4 2 hour interviews I got denied. I applied for the same position, same salary, same everything in their local office and got an offer less than 24 hours after the first interview.
    I'm in the A.I. / machine learning field, but know how to do this and that with cloud tech, but they are not looking for people like that.

Anyway, the problem is that things are not progressing at a pace where people who don't give a flying fuck would notice. You and me might notice because we've looked at the animations and stuff in detail in the past and know the difference, but not everyone is like that or will spend the time to do that.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can I ask what game you're comparing Ashes' movements to?
    For me, I really like the movements of characters in games like God of War, but I know that game used motion capture which would be too much for an MMO. On the other hand, I do think BDO and LostArk have really satisfying character movement (despite being super flashy) which I'd love to see in Ashes if possible.

In the most recent stream, Steven mentioned that someone in the team is working on a system that lets us climb on top of things (?) but they didn't want to show it yet. I take it that means character movement is work-in-progress ....?

In the end, I'm also curious to know if they intend to rework base animations or not. Currently the mount animations totally outshine the base character movement...

Also just a personal hobby horse of mine: I really want ease-in animations and transitions. It adds a sense of intertia/momentum to everything and feels so much better than instant response with linear control.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I would like steven to take 2 minutes to say clearly during the next dev blog, if the current result is satisfactory, or if the team plans to work on the subject?

Since the game is still in early development Steven would never say that the animations are satisfactory or finished. I would rephrase your question to be more specific such as "Do you expect the player character animations to improve by Alpha 2?"
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Anyway, the problem is that things are not progressing at a pace where people who don't give a flying fuck would notice.

Ashes is years away from release. At least 3 years, likely 4 or 5.

People that don't give a flying fuck shouldn't notice the game at all yet.