Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Full loot!!!!

Developers say they are trying to follow risk versus reward idea. But how is that possible without a full loot? They try to create amusement park MMO where you can run around without any risk of loosing everything. They will create a bunch of  casual boring community of solo players who will run around a world and get their guarantied resources without a fear of getting robed. It will be another money grab game for casuals. Economy will be stacked cos nobody loosing their gear. Its gonna be another version of WOW. If we make a full loot people will care for their best gear most and they will only ware it on important occasions. Such as node/castle sieges. And they must ware those cos of full loot, cos if not, enemies will empty their castle/nodes chests. Full loot will drive the game. And that would be true meaningful conflict. There will be a purpose, otherwise it not a real risk versus reward its just a bla bla. Together we need to show developers that we want to make a change towards a full loot system by participating in this poll. Also spread a word. We need to show them what we want to make it happen. Lets truly make MMO great again. Not boring casual money grab.       

Comments

• I feel this type of game will not work for "True Full Loot" I feel a better alternative would be everything drops that is not equipped on death. As in everything in your bag. This can range from mats, pots, food, even rare drops that were found that your trying to get back to your safehold. As for all your weapons and gear I feel that it just would not work in this type of game. 
  • full loot only incentives ganking. I think it's a fair risk for the gankers to be actually the ones to be able to lose their stuff not the ganked ones.
  • only gankers like a game that provides incentive to gankers...  

my only issue with gankers is when you mix hardcore and casuals, the hardcores will always beat the casuals in PVP 1v1 and the guy who only has 2 hours per week to play and runs an Inn or Tavern or a shop in town, just lost all his supplies and gear (probably his only set too), then can't pay his fees for keeping the shop and his shop shuts down.  80% of the casuals (at that level of super casual) would quit after suffering that big of a loss.

A ganker would say, "Good, we don't need those kinds of players anyway, if they are just going to quit at the first sign of difficulty."  But the issue is this may have happened multiple times to them and each time they have crappier gear when they go out and try to accumulate goods to sell making it harder and harder to keep on.  Now the gankers have no shop to go to in order to buy supplies, because they ran the shops out of business.  Think the Sheriff of Knottingham from Robin Hood, beating the peasants up and taking all their money and anything nice they have, then complaining that they don't have any money when he comes back the next time.

On the flip side, I don't see any issues in having corrupted players drop their stuff, as it is that players choice to go to that extreme.  Maybe not all their gear, but the loose inventory items...

Last thing I want to say on this, there is already a repair mechanic AND item destruction if not repaired in time, thus promoting crafting to a degree.  Also, if they implement a "you need another copy of an item to repair the one you have" also promotes crafting, but I haven't heard anything like that yet.  All dependent on how the mechanic gets implemented.  And is probably why they have such an open Alpha/Beta process setup, for actual testing of these systems.
  • boogis said:
    I don't like gangers either but I understand that's its boring without them. Don't you understand? It's not adrenalin. Especially when u grab your mates and kick hangers ass. Don't be a casual fags. Only hardcore

Well I for one don't think its boring without gangers, I usually wanna explorer as much as possible and thats how I get my kick in games. I don't wanna have to do it while looking over my should all the time. (Also thats some filthy language you got there :neutral:)

I don't think full loot is needed anyway as you drop a big portion of your raw material, and as most gear will probably be either crafted or need repairs, that is also extremely valuable. 
  • I think the system the way it is is a fair balance.
  • boogis said:
    casual boring community of solo players who will run around a world and get their guarantied resources without a fear of getting robed.
    What are you talking about? If you get killed with ressources in your inventory you will drop at least part of those, that's the reward. The risk is accumulating to much corruption dimishing your combat effectiveness and opening up the possibility of droping your gear.

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Well I for one don't think its boring without gangers, I usually wanna explorer as much as possible and thats how I get my kick in games. I don't wanna have to do it while looking over my should all the time. (Also thats some filthy language you got there :neutral:)

I don't think full loot is needed anyway as you drop a big portion of your raw material, and as most gear will probably be either crafted or need repairs, that is also extremely valuable. 

WELL!!!!!!!!! That make  this game PAY To WiN!!! you pay your subscription and that allows you to feel yourself secure and gather your ore without any risk of loosing it!! THATS P2W!!!! Its not how it is going in real life. In real life you potentially loose everything. Seriously??? So many of ya voted against full loot? I cant believe there are so many of ya. you all wanna amusement park game 
    edited June 2017
    If they implement full loot you risk running into another Day Z or one of those type games where you can't do anything, and new players will never come into the game.
    I do agree that in certain instances there should be some form of loot drop, weither that be in specific events, zones, PVP, etc but implementing it for everyone everywhere would result in issues for new players.
    Edit: Reading more on the current loot drop system, I like it how it is, as others have stated
  • I wanna change my vote!
    Haha good job @BraneGames did you misclick? :)

• finndo said:
    only gankers like a game that provides incentive to gankers...  

A ganker would say, "Good, we don't need those kinds of players anyway, if they are just going to quit at the first sign of difficulty."  But the issue is this may have happened multiple times to them and each time they have crappier gear when they go out and try to accumulate goods to sell making it harder and harder to keep on.  
    What are you talking about? What goods?? this s just a game mate!!! goods are supposed to be lost. i cant belive that country that gave us such a great modern philosopher as Bill Hicks has so many chicken sh***s. Who said "dont be afraid ever, cos all this is just a ride. some people has been on this ride for too long time and they keep asking - is this real? all my money my shares everything i own is this all real? no its just a ride". We supposed to be free, but you all want to have a security and thats what you pay your money for. Shame on you people. its pay2win.
  • Grisu said:
    What are you talking about? If you get killed with ressources in your inventory you will drop at least part of those, that's the reward. The risk is accumulating to much corruption dimishing your combat effectiveness and opening up the possibility of droping your gear.

will we drop resources if we get killed? well thats a good news i didnt know that. at least part of but its good. another good thing would be a full loot of a gear. i played wow and its getting boring. you never loose you gear. so you stop care if you die or not. its just an amusement park and you feel yourself like a child who secured and protected and all you want is to grow up and get some adult action. i played albion where you dont have that feeling but its still boring cos they allow to buy gold for real money. and if i loose my top gear i still have temptation to invest real money and buy a top gear without hard labor invested. my message is if we have a risk of loosing stuff it will create more value for it. and thats what full loot will give us. i still dont understand why it isnt obvious for everybody, we are all mmo gamers after all.    
  • Full loot will turn off more players than it will bring.
  • Pkfyre said:
    Full loot will turn off more players than it will bring.
    WELL. it depends on players. if they are casuals who afraid of risk then yes. its good idea with with flagging system but we still dont have to discriminate those who wanna live pk live. if they have so much penalties then they must have a reward. do you like dream of sterile world where nobody fighting over gear?
  • personally i would love to see permadeth with full loot, but these days people have gone the carebear route. so sadly neither will happen.. 
  • I think that full loot would be valuable, so long as griefing is discouraged some other way (which they have indicated is being implemented).
  • So just wanna put this out there, I did vote FOR full loot, but that's because I consider the added risk of potentially losing something to be a way to make the game more exciting and in some ways more engaging. That being said, I think there's a difference between allowing full looting and allowing "take everything that this guy has and leave him naked and coinless" total looting.

Its like others said above: risk vs. reward. The concept is fine and all, but flip side of it is that if total looting were in play and someone gets an incredibly rare item, that person's risk just jumped up far enough that they might feel that the only way to safely leave a town would be with a posse of friends or guildmates. Same thing for someone playing on a merchant bent rather than combat focused. I don't know about you guys, but if I were carrying around 500K (or whatever number constitutes large amount in Ashes) gold and got killed once and then lost all of it, I'd feel inclined to uninstall the game.

Therefore, we need balance. I like that you will be able to loot resources off of someone, makes sense and will give me my sweet revenge for all those hours in WoW where I watched a Druid in bird-form drop from the sky and take my node. But do I want someone with 6 friends to ambush me all by my lonesome and then take all of the gear that I spent months grinding out? Not even a little bit. As such, there need to be limitations for total looting, because if there aren't, then this game is going to go from very popular at release to a total player base of nothing but the people who enjoy ganking and total looting at others expense, and then nothing since nobody likes an MMO without a player base.

That's not something any of us want.

• Therefore, we need balance. I like that you will be able to loot resources off of someone, makes sense and will give me my sweet revenge for all those hours in WoW where I watched a Druid in bird-form drop from the sky and take my node. But do I want someone with 6 friends to ambush me all by my lonesome and then take all of the gear that I spent months grinding out? Not even a little bit. As such, there need to be limitations for total looting, because if there aren't, then this game is going to go from very popular at release to a total player base of nothing but the people who enjoy ganking and total looting at others expense, and then nothing since nobody likes an MMO without a player base.

That's not something any of us want.
    when you say that i see scared child who want that nobody upsets him. you like "hey mister, i want no trouble mister. let me pay you subscribtion fee, but give me no trouble" ill explain you how it gonna work in adult world (plz no offence). if 6 bastards will kill you and get your valuable gear they get corraption. then you go out there and hire a bounty hunter and make a price for a head of that bastard who killed you. bounty hunter/hunters (BH) sees him on a map and go and kill him cos he got benefits over corruption ones. BH loot the bastard. and bh cannot take this loot for himself. he can only give it back to you in exchange of reward. thats how you get your gear back and great deal of satisfaction. and bh will tell his victim "Hello from Don Carleone (you)". yes its more complicated and you still have a risk of loosing everything but its more fun and after all you know that im right. you just afraid to admit it. 
    edited June 2017
    boogis said:

WELL!!!!!!!!! That make  this game PAY To WiN!!! you pay your subscription and that allows you to feel yourself secure and gather your ore without any risk of loosing it!! THATS P2W!!!! Its not how it is going in real life. In real life you potentially loose everything. Seriously??? So many of ya voted against full loot? I cant believe there are so many of ya. you all wanna amusement park game 
    @boogis  Iguess the definition of 'P2W' can be discussed as to how far it extends. Personally i don't think you can call this a 'P2W' kind of scenario as everyone will have the same prerequisite and it clearly doesn't benefit any individual or particular player. Anyways i don't believe the full-loot system as you have proposed will be implemented to any extended degree as it would exclude to many casual players - which is a huge portion of the total amount of players. however, i don't see any problems with the system as it is now, with the corruption mechanic and the risk/reward thing :)
    Haha good job @BraneGames did you misclick? :)
    More like misread ;-;
  • boogis said:
    will we drop resources if we get killed? well thats a good news i didnt know that. at least part of but its good. another good thing would be a full loot of a gear. i played wow and its getting boring. you never loose you gear. so you stop care if you die or not.
    @boogis Well I have more good news, if you are not careful with repairing your gear you can lose that. If the durability drops to zero it actually BREAKS, you can save it under some conditions. You need to find someone who can craft that item and you need (a portion) of the materials you needed to craft it in the first place. Since we are talking about nonreplenishable ressources, going with the mithril example, if there is no discovered mithril anymore, you might as well just toss it and get something new since it will be unusable.
    So really good gear with very rare mats, will be something you might lose due to ressources not being available anymore.
    I know it's not exactly what you want, but it's a nice middleground in my opinion.
    edited June 2017
     i like what you have said. that will create more intensive item flow. that what i want really from full loot. but if i was a casual player i wouldnt be scared about not getting any gear at all. look... i also play albion online. i play it casually (yes hardcore game i play casually) and all the time im there and enemy has been killed and looted ppl always asks they fellow co-guildiers if they need anything from that loot. many time ppl have desire to put all loot on guilds AH for very cheap price (they dont do it cos some other players can resell it on normal ah for higher price but that not a point) what im saying is that if you put people in certain conditions they adapt. and if you give them harder conditions they get closer together, they for a teamwork and community. and community is what aoc is all about. when we went on gvg another day i said hey guys i dont have any gear and guild gave me heaps of gear sets because there is a full loot. if there was no full loot that gear would have been created by the crafters which is the same thing but more boring. and ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING! if there is not full loot system then there is no demand for for lower lvl gear. there is only demand for higher lvl gear. until you reach top gear lvl and then you stacked. and that decrees value of all gear items in a tree. cos once you got better gear you dont need your old gear anymore like in wow. you cant even  give it to your friend because there is no full loot and crafters will collaps cos nobody will craft stuff anymore, everyone will be just passing gear on each other. so they will have to make all gear personalised like in wow. which is make whole picture just sucks. it is killing all community. with full loot we will have a healthy economy, crafters will always be busy. combat will have more meaning. and create big gear flow (i forgot what i was gonna say smth really convincing lol  ) anyway. 
    and one more thing. i know when you convinced in something there no way and other person who can change your opinion but i ask you please use your brain and think about it otherwise we ll turn great game of all times into swamp. 
  • @grisu i like what you have said. that will create more intensive item flow. that what i want really from full loot. but if i was a casual player i wouldnt be scared about not getting any gear at all. look... i also play albion online. i play it casually (yes hardcore game i play casually) and all the time im there and enemy has been killed and looted ppl always asks they fellow co-guildiers if they need anything from that loot. many time ppl have desire to put all loot on guilds AH for very cheap price (they dont do it cos some other players can resell it on normal ah for higher price but that not a point) what im saying is that if you put people in certain conditions they adapt. and if you give them harder conditions they get closer together, they for a teamwork and community. and community is what aoc is all about. when we went on gvg another day i said hey guys i dont have any gear and guild gave me heaps of gear sets because there is a full loot. if there was no full loot that gear would have been created by the crafters which is the same thing but more boring. and ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING! if there is not full loot system then there is no demand for for lower lvl gear. there is only demand for higher lvl gear. until you reach top gear lvl and then you stacked. and that decrees value of all gear items in a tree. cos once you got better gear you dont need your old gear anymore like in wow. you cant even  give it to your friend because there is no full loot and crafters will collaps cos nobody will craft stuff anymore, everyone will be just passing gear on each other. so they will have to make all gear personalised like in wow. which is make whole picture just sucks. it is killing all community. with full loot we will have a healthy economy, crafters will always be busy. combat will have more meaning. and create big gear flow (i forgot what i was gonna say smth really convincing lol  ) anyway. 
    and one more thing. i know when you convinced in something there no way and other person who can change your opinion but i ask you please use your brain and think about it otherwise we ll turn great game of all times into swamp. 
  • Full loot, to me, means never wearing my best stuff unless absolutely necessary, which in part defeats the original intent. Why wear something others covet if I can lose it in a moment without any consent? A rush? Who's the rush for? Certainly not the innocent party.

No. In a game where you can be attacked by anyone for any reason there must be some controls in place:

Either consentual PvP with full loot or unrestricted PvP without. Not both in my opinion.

The wear-and-tear system the devs have discussed, I believe, will create enough churn to prevent inflation, which I see as a much larger issue long term.

If your concern is simply getting a rush, then I believe you can become corrupt by murdering players, which will in turn allow you to lose gear when killed. 
  •  i like what you have said. that will create more intensive item flow. that what i want really from full loot. but if i was a casual player i wouldnt be scared about not getting any gear at all. look... i also play albion online. i play it casually (yes hardcore game i play casually) and all the time im there and enemy has been killed and looted ppl always asks they fellow co-guildiers if they need anything from that loot. many time ppl have desire to put all loot on guilds AH for very cheap price (they dont do it cos some other players can resell it on normal ah for higher price but that not a point) what im saying is that if you put people in certain conditions they adapt. and if you give them harder conditions they get closer together, they for a teamwork and community. and community is what aoc is all about. when we went on gvg another day i said hey guys i dont have any gear and guild gave me heaps of gear sets because there is a full loot. if there was no full loot that gear would have been created by the crafters which is the same thing but more boring. 
  • and ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING! if there is not full loot system then there is no demand for for lower lvl gear. there is only demand for higher lvl gear. until you reach top gear lvl and then you stacked. and that decrees value of all gear items in a tree. cos once you got better gear you dont need your old gear anymore like in wow. you cant even give it to your friend because there is no full loot and crafters will collaps cos nobody will craft stuff anymore, everyone will be just passing gear on each other. so they will have to make all gear personalised like in wow. which is make whole picture just sucks. it is killing all community. with full loot we will have a healthy economy, crafters will always be busy. combat will have more meaning. and create big gear flow (i forgot what i was gonna say smth really convincing lol ) anyway. 
  • i really understand your feelings. before i got first time killed in albion i was scared like shit, and once it happen i was crying like a bitch. i call to all my friends in seek of attention and support, crying like a girl. but then it happen again and again and finally i stopped being attached to bloody stupid virtual stuff. i understood it is just a game and loosing items is part of it. why you guys think you ll live forever? you have to grow up and stop being attached. i know where it come from. you are insecure in real life so you go to virtual world to achieve stability to achieve no stress life. you need to feel power without any risk of loosing it. and if someone get you suddenly out of your zone of comfort you feel big pain. that is really childish position. smart adult people doesnt care if they are happy or not happy its still the same thing for them. cos you are adult you can handle it. its not an amusment park for children its a wild west grow up already. i feel so sorry that there so many of ya. (plz no offence, i just wanna that everyone be happier) 
  • you have told me that with a full loot you ll never ware your best gear??? thats what i mean by saying you are afraid. yes you r right you ll be more carefull but its more interesting. its more fun!!!! cos you would have to find a balance betwin your fear of loosing your best gear and higher chance to kill your enemy. of course when there is no full loot you will behave like your lovely mamas super hero. actually you already act like mamas super heros. but dont worry. your chance of being fucked are very low. look. you ll get your best gear, so that means your are stronger then anyone. you will loot successfully maybe 10 times and only one time you will be looted yourself. that a very good odds. well, you lost your gear, but you v got 10 other gears (maybe lower lvl but who cares). you still have a profit cos with a very good gear you have less chance to loose. especially when you in a big team. if you r alone just ware a bad gear, you gonna loose anyway so who cares if you loose your gear and die or you die and dont loos your gear at all, there is no difference, but imagine you r in a big group and you ware a best gear and thats make you unstoppable and you will collect all gear of all your enemys or maybe not. and thats a beauty of it. when you go to casino you get exitment not because you always win but cos you understand that you could have loose but instead you won!!!! its the same here. i really hope you guys change your mind and we all will play a beautiful game together!!!   
  • boogis said:
    i really understand your feelings. before i got first time killed in albion i was scared like shit, and once it happen i was crying like a bitch. i call to all my friends in seek of attention and support, crying like a girl. but then it happen again and again and finally i stopped being attached to bloody stupid virtual stuff. i understood it is just a game and loosing items is part of it. why you guys think you ll live forever? you have to grow up and stop being attached. i know where it come from. you are insecure in real life so you go to virtual world to achieve stability to achieve no stress life. you need to feel power without any risk of loosing it. and if someone get you suddenly out of your zone of comfort you feel big pain. that is really childish position. smart adult people doesnt care if they are happy or not happy its still the same thing for them. cos you are adult you can handle it. its not an amusment park for children its a wild west grow up already. i feel so sorry that there so many of ya. (plz no offence, i just wanna that everyone be happier) 
    The problem is that you cannot have the same item chase if you risk losing everything on death. Oh, I just killed the hardest boss in the game after countless tries and got the rarest drop. BAM, gank squad around the corner ready to ruin you day (and keyboard). 

In ESO you had a special kind of stone currency in Imperial City (part of the PVP zone), if you died to a player you would loose something like 80% of the stones carried around. It made fights very thrilling if you had a large amount of stones and it gave the option to chase the person that killed you to get back the stones you lost. 
  • boogis said:
    i really understand your feelings. before i got first time killed in albion i was scared like shit, and once it happen i was crying like a bitch. i call to all my friends in seek of attention and support, crying like a girl. but then it happen again and again and finally i stopped being attached to bloody stupid virtual stuff. i understood it is just a game and loosing items is part of it. why you guys think you ll live forever? you have to grow up and stop being attached. i know where it come from. you are insecure in real life so you go to virtual world to achieve stability to achieve no stress life. you need to feel power without any risk of loosing it. and if someone get you suddenly out of your zone of comfort you feel big pain. that is really childish position. smart adult people doesnt care if they are happy or not happy its still the same thing for them. cos you are adult you can handle it. its not an amusment park for children its a wild west grow up already. i feel so sorry that there so many of ya. (plz no offence, i just wanna that everyone be happier) 

WoW  boogis  I'm stunned by your hype and belief that you know what makes people happy.   I'm really sorry but in my mind you are coming off as a spoiled child trying to bully others into your way of thinking.  I think you need to try to calm down.   As you yourself have said, it is only a game.  Insecure are those who try to define other's pleasures and can't satisfy their own.  You should ask yourself  why  it's  so important for you to gank and steal another's equipment.   Time to chill, take a deep breath and relax and we'll all be happy.