Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Forums Are Here! *Updated*

Comments

• Diura said:
    When I click on a thread it sends me to the bottom of the page and it confuses me cos I think the forum has not loaded xD I then realise I need to scroll up :D
    @Yaviey will we get a new welcome board eventually? I like greeting new people :0
    I personally think this kind of a messy approach that will detract from meaningful conversations centered around Ashes of Creation. I'd prefer to have people use a specific tag function, but we can discuss. In fact, I'll throw up a poll for you guys to vote on it.
  • Some pictures are sticking out of the square border  :o

As mentioned, there are still some kinks to work out. :(
  • T-Elf said:
    Quotes still not working right.  Had a post disappear. :#

Can you send me a screenshot or provide me more info? Preferably in a PM?
  • Yay!
  • Also I love being able to see that there are new replies from you guys. OMG! B)
  • It is really nice to see the forums growing so quickly in the space of a few hours, you guys have made a incredible community hub here
  • They are so cuuute, thank you :smile:
  • T-Elf said:
    Quotes still not working right.  Had a post disappear. :#

• These forums are great, really like the layout!
  • UPDATED 3:47 pm: it also appears that quotes created using the previous forum did not inherent the quote formatting for the new forums. We are looking into this.

UDPATED 3:48 pm: additionally, images and embeds seems to have broken with the forum change. You may need to re-add any images or embeds to your posts. :(
  • Finally, new forums! Yay  B)
  • Gosh Golly! Look at all the pretty colors :dizzy:
  • One less soon tm. It feels like we are getting somewhere. :p
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Much better than the old one!

Ok editing is working BUT seems like the search function doesn't work . Tried to search for the key word "German" and didn't get a result. 
  • Grisu said:
    One less soon tm. It feels like we are getting somewhere. :p
    We're getting closer!

• What great dev work. Immediate communication when problems arise. I hope that's a trend that will continue. Have a +1 cookie of soothing.
  • Its good forum but you need to fix some things.
  • haki said:
    Its good forum but you need to fix some things.
    They are working on it, but it's a start 
  • I guess it takes some time getting used to this, but I, for one, think the other looks better xD
    edited June 2017

Does anyone else think the new forums are abit harsh on the eyes?
  • Is there any chance of better options for creating a sig? I'm not exactly artistically minded but I created a sig easily on the old forum. On this one I get told 'too many characters' and my sig just shows up as a broken image.
  • nidriks said:
    Is there any chance of better options for creating a sig? I'm not exactly artistically minded but I created a sig easily on the old forum. On this one I get told 'too many characters' and my sig just shows up as a broken image.
    in the fanart section there was a few people offering to make sig's for people :) 
  • nidriks said:
    Is there any chance of better options for creating a sig? I'm not exactly artistically minded but I created a sig easily on the old forum. On this one I get told 'too many characters' and my sig just shows up as a broken image.
    Theres also a problem with sig's there only really one way to do it, which is with a picture. But as you can see from mine it usually just sticks out...
    edited June 2017
    @Yaviey
    1. is it possible to have quotes in a slightly different color?
    2. when quoting, you get into a messagebox with the quote, but unless you toggle to HTML-viewer there is no way to get out of the quote. (might be browser related, using Chrome)
    3. when right-clicking a topic you leave the ashes site and arrive at the vanillacommunities website, losing the top-menu.
  • Thank you for the update =D. I like how they look
  • I still have not managed to get my signature updated . Its just my social medias, so 5 links.... I log off, log back in, and remade it, and it still not working. Have I missed an option somewhere to show it off?
  • Overall, I think this is a huge QoL change. I like a lot of the new features and the layout is very nice. 
  • Better than the old :)
  • Love it!
    edited June 2017
    Would love to have a way to go to last read post instead of having to scroll thru all the time.  Also another request to have back to top button or forum topic button on bottom of each page so I don't have to keep scrolling.  Would it be possible to have posts numbered in each topic so we might get an idea of where we left off?
This discussion has been closed.