Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Current Website/Wordpress Bugs Q&A

This will a list of current, found, and known fixes to website or account bugs. This will be constantly updated as a FAQ. If you have any known, unsolved, or other FAQ answers list them in the replies. I will then add them to the FAQ post and give credit to you for offering your help.

<strong><ul>Account Bugs:</ul></strong>
<del datetime="2016-12-05T01:59:28+00:00">- When going to Profile -> Edit My Profile -> Generate New Password then trying to change the password then update, it will not update the password properly.</del>
Fixed: Make sure to log out then back in for guaranteed fix. If you choose to use a weak password there will also be a checkbox you must select.

<strong><ul>Website Bugs:</ul></strong>
-<del datetime="2016-12-07T01:53:46+00:00">When clicking a developer’s profile under a blog post, takes you to a lorem ipsem page. see https://www.ashesofcreation.com/author/proj299ria/
-Clicking instagram at bottom of page goes to instagram’s main website </del>
*Found by JuliusMagni*

-When posting a video link directly it embeds the video automatically (which is great), but the videos extends past the border of the post.

This is a pretty easy fix from what I’ve seen on other sites, does something with border constraints and /wrap.

Example in this forum I tried linking video:

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/crafting/#post-467

You’ll notice my post with the video is the only one to experience the odd bug where my text and video extend past the post border.

Comments

• <strong><ul>Forum Bugs:</ul></strong>
    -Can not delete current comments.
    <del datetime="2016-12-04T04:22:06+00:00">-Can not edit posts unless done so within 5 minutes after post.</del> <del datetime="2016-12-07T01:54:59+00:00">This now only applies to posts made before a certain time frame.</del>

-<del datetime="2016-12-07T01:54:59+00:00">Getting emailed for every post someone makes. Congratulating me for making a post when I haven’t.</del>
    This seems to be fixed.
    *Sent by Vincent, confirmed by Burne along with the email sender "engineers@bridgetechnologypartners.com"*

-When clicking Reply to a forum post you only post a comment. If this is intended another key should be added for "Insert Quote".
    *Original Comment by Icarus0o0*
  • *all posts are uneditable after 5 minutes by my testing
  • <blockquote>
    Account Bugs:

When going to Profile -> Edit My Profile -> Generate New Password then trying to change the password then update, it will not update the password properly.</blockquote>

Just tested this, password was successfully updated
  • Yes, though there's a problem where the original topic post in this I am unable to edit because it was made before the switch. Will have to keep second section for new edits

On the account of the password bug either mine is taking too long to take effect or simply to taking correct effect. I even tried switching to the gravatar state to change my profile picture and it says my password is wrong as well.
  • Getting emailed for every post someone makes. Congratulating me for making a post when I haven't.
  • Same as above. probly gotten 10 or so emails so far thanking me for posting.

<blockquote>Thanks for posting on the Ashes of Creation forums! You will be redirected shortly.</blockquote>

comes from engineers@bridgetechnologypartners.com
  • I am receiving a email for every topic that has been started.
  • same, handy but later that's going to be bat shit crazy
  • I'd be fine with getting the emails about getting UPDATED that a thread I converse in got another post, but two things need to happen for me to like that IMO.

1.) Only in threads I post about or subscribe to

2.) Only goes into my promotions/social tab on my email service E.G. Gmail. It keeps going into my main inbox and cluttering it.
  • i believe you can create a custom tab for AoC :), i currently have AoC mails to go to my forums tab.
  • Ahh I completely forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me, I will have to do that
  • Thank you for these, keep them coming, working on them now
  • Is the reply button in each individuals post supposed to act as a quoted reply? If so, it's not working and I have to manually go copy and paste in order to quote someone and reply to it.
  • Can confirm, gettings emails for every new thread on the forums.
  • I think it is supposed to similar to a "reply quote" function on other forums. Though you are right it doesn't seem to be working at all
  • Some posts do not appear formated right on mobile device. Writing extends passed border line.
  • When I click the refer & win I have nothing there as a link or code for me to refer.
    it is a blank white tab and at the bottom it just has referral statistics.

Also was reading the about info and I think the wording on Nodes 1st paragraph is messy. as in "Ashes of Creations has built a unique take to the MMO experience" replace "has built" with "is a ", just flows better. Following on remove NPC and replace with "world" as in
    Our world structure is completely dynamic , same again here Gone are the days of static NPC content, change that to world also.
    When you use NPC that is an acronym and most of us know it but some do not so I would stay away from it's use.
  • when looking at intrepid studios About us tab there is a link to Facebook, that link does not work.

the error returned is
    "Sorry, this content isn't available right now"
    "The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."
  • while reading more on the about page.

from the Player Vs Environment.

The environment in Ashes of Creation is a visually stunning realm, maybe change to this The environment of Ashes of Creation are a visually stunning experience.

Our unique and adaptive AI means, maybe change to this Our unique and adaptive world system means that any encounter within the world will yield a completely different experience so you must adapt to it as a player. Keeping you on your toes for constantly changing responses from your pray. The world awaits its heroes.
  • The page buttons at the top/bottom of a topic that extends past one page is clickable, but doesnt give you any visual cue. Has the same image on hover and mouse doesn't change to click icon.
  • Fixed most of these bugs today, Thank you all very much for this! Continue to search for bugs!
  • Any word on if we'll get an insert quote button similar to say how Taleworlds does their setup, or was the reply button originally meant to always include a quote?
  • There should be a quote function. Will get that fixed ASAP
  • Having a weird profile bug.

Everytime I click on my name at the top right and hit profile, it will send me to a random persons profile instead of my own.
  • @Vincent

Can confirm, just tried this and when I open the profile link in a new tab I keep getting your profile. Not sure what is causing this.

@Sorcerer I can use the B-quote function around a copied and pasted section to add a block quote, but no way to reference someone's quote with their name/post date along with the block of text effectively. At least not to my knowledge.

See third post down by me quoting someone (Kendoman)
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276440.0.html
    Was thinking something like that would be effective. A "Quote" key beside the reply.
  • How's about Invision Power Board?
  • New bug: When posting a video link directly it embeds the video automatically (which is great), but the videos extends past the border of the post.

This is a pretty easy fix from what I've seen on other sites, does something with border constraints and /wrap.

Example in this forum I tried linking video:
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/crafting/#post-467

You'll notice my post with the video is the only one to experience the odd bug where my text and video extend past the post border.
  • The YouTube link on the website/forums links to a (I guess old version?) of Ashes of Creation youtube account that isn't the same as the one used to publish the two videos lited under Media.

It links to this page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnPbsBXRhEHE_vZ5o7MMK9Q?spfreload=5
    When it should link to this one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbi2EvzQmIJ55TJvZumNZw
  • Thank you Caph!

I have fixed it :)
  • Mobile could use some work.

http://m.imgur.com/rOMVJw5,vm9zyUd